Anyone else hoping for a Cavs/Nuggets Finals?

If the Cavs and Nuggets make it to the Finals the storylines are endless. LBJ vs Melo. Veteran All-Star PG (Chauncey) vs young All-Star PG (Mo Williams). Bothteams have really good, long frontcourts (Nene, Kenyon, Birdman or Z, Varejao, Joe Smith?
sick.gif
). IMO you have two teams who are having great seasons, play greatteam basketball, both can play uptempo, one would rather keep the game low, one is willing to go into the 120's, JR Smith, Delonte West, it sounds like agood time.

I'm sorry, but as a fan of the NBA, I won't mind the Mavericks losing, I know the Nuggets are a better team, and I don't really want to see Cavs VSLakers, it just doesn't intrigue me as much as a Nuggets/Cavaliers match-up.

Come on now, Melo and LeBron fighting for their first ring?!
pimp.gif

as much as i love the lakers, you are right - the storylines would be endless.

imagine if melo actually beats lebron..
eek.gif

Kobe vs LeBroom would be better. That way NT would implode and all the kobe vs lebron stuff would cease.

That would be nice......Melo and Bron from High school to NBA...I would enjoy this more than Kobe vs Bron

Originally Posted by Al3xis

wouldn't be bad

but we need Cavs vs Lakers
david-stern.jpg

I'm sorry, is that you?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

We had our dream match-up already last year, it can wait, Nuggets/Cavs would also be more competitive IMO..
nerd.gif

Bron vs. Melo would be nice

Chauncey would **$% all over Mo tho. He really has completely changed this team.

You've been saying it all playoffs but Chauncey is the best PG in these playoffs and it isn't even close. I think the Nuggets could beat the Lakers in6 if they make it past the Mavs

Funny how the Nugs are gettin all this love and they were an afterthought when the playoffs began

Originally Posted by jville819

Bron vs. Melo would be nice

Chauncey would **$% all over Mo tho. He really has completely changed this team.

You've been saying it all playoffs but Chauncey is the best PG in these playoffs and it isn't even close. I think the Nuggets could beat the Lakers in 6 if they make it past the Mavs

Funny how the Nugs are gettin all this love and they were an afterthought when the playoffs began
From day one
grin.gif
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

I didn't know Chauncey would have such a profound effect on Denver, but along with the Birdman, he's turned that franchise around.

not going to happen..david stern will never let that happen. He knows its money in the bank with lakers vs. cavs in finals.

I'd be more excited to see Nuggets vs Cavs than Lakers vs Cavs, which is what the league office and marketing departments want. I just can't stand theglorification of one man shows which is what the storyline will be (and has already started to be with the 23 vs 24 commercials) if it's Lakers vs Cavs.Even more, though, I'd like to see Adelman and Artest finally win rings, and see defense trump offense in a Rockets vs Cavs finals.

If Melo was as ruthless as LeBron has become, then Nuggets/Cavs would be more interesting than Lakers/Cavs

Don't forget about the storylines a Lakers/Cavs series would have too:

1. Kobe vs. Lebron - sort of a teacher vs. pupil type thing. People credit Kobe for Lebron's emergence this year for a reason. If those two didn't playin the Olympics together last year, who knows if Lebron would have reached the level he's at now.

2. Phil Jackson going for his 10th ring as coach, which would break the record he shares with Red.

3. Both teams play good team basketball, have clutch PG shooters (Fisher and Williams/West)

4. Lakers and Cavs both have dynamic frontcourts (Gasol/Odom/Walton/Bynum vs. Z/Varejao/Big Ben/Smith) that bring different elements to their respective games.

5. Both teams can run.

6. Great offense vs. great defense.

And to think Nuggets/Cavs would be more competitive than Lakers/Cavs, come on, really?

Melo is not as ruthless as Kobe is; Kobe would go at it with Lebron neck and neck for seven games. You can't say the same about Melo.

3. Both teams play good team basketball, have clutch PG shooters (Fisher and Williams/West)

4. Lakers and Cavs both have dynamic frontcourts (Gasol/Odom/Walton/Bynum vs. Z/Varejao/Big Ben/Smith) that bring different elements to their respective games.
Say what
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AirVandal180

1. Kobe vs. Lebron - sort of a teacher vs. pupil type thing. People credit Kobe for Lebron's emergence this year for a reason. If those two didn't play in the Olympics together last year, who knows if Lebron would have reached the level he's at now.
laugh.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted by jville819

Say what
laugh.gif

How many shots have Williams/West made in playoff situations?

Lakers frontcourt wiped the floor with the Cavs frontcourt in Cleveland if I remember, and this was without Bynum.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by AirVandal180

1. Kobe vs. Lebron - sort of a teacher vs. pupil type thing. People credit Kobe for Lebron's emergence this year for a reason. If those two didn't play in the Olympics together last year, who knows if Lebron would have reached the level he's at now.
laugh.gif
grin.gif
I'm not saying he would never reach that level. I'm questioning if it would've happened this year and as fast as it did if hedidn't have a workhorse like Kobe pushing him all summer.

id gladly take Denver over LA. i think it would be a guaranteed ring for bron and the city would go nuts. id rather have him win by beating kobe to end all thenonsense but i think that would be a much harder task. i wont be picky but yeah, id like to see nuggets now that i think about it

its gonna be the coronation of lebron and him snatching the crown from kobe, they will use that storyline

Back
Top Bottom