Anyone else not have health insurance?

Not to thread jack or anything, but I'm fully insured by the company i work for. And i cant stand people that are insured and dont use it at all. They take the money out your check every week, might as well use it, smh. Theres plenty people out there that would love to have a job that covers them medically (i.e some people in this thread) but the people dont use it...at all.
30t6p3b.gif

Not to thread jack or anything, but I'm fully insured by the company i work for. And i cant stand people that are insured and dont use it at all. They take the money out your check every week, might as well use it, smh. Theres plenty people out there that would love to have a job that covers them medically (i.e some people in this thread) but the people dont use it...at all.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Poise3

Real Talk....Most states offer free health insurance for people who make less then $2000 - $3500 a month. It is easy to apply for and can take about a week to get. You get a real insurance company that has bid for the contracts with the state. Most of these do not have a co-pay for visits or prescriptions.

I used to make decent money, but things change. I didnt want to blow my savings for health insurance (about $450 for a family of 4), so I applied. I sent her my paystubs for 2010 and told her my story. She reviewed my case and they gave us insurance. My wife only works seasonally as a njaac coach, but takes care of the kids the rest of the time.

So basically now, based off my the end of my 2010 income, I have free health insurance for the remainder of 2011. This is such a relief for my family. Most importantly it gives me time to find the right career path for the future, instead of rushing into a new job to get cheap insurance.

These programs are not just for people in "section 8" housing, or welfare. These are real programs that can help people get through tough situations.

WE ALL PAY TAXES SOME WAY OR ANOTHER.  THIS IS ONE WAY TO GET THAT HARD EARNED MONEY BACK. DON'T BE SCARED OR EMBARRASSED TO ASK FOR HELP...ESPECIALLY WHEN IT COMES TO YOUR HEALTH.

Good luck.
Great information.  I never knew about this.  Something I'll definitely look into when I get back into the states.  What state are you from?

Originally Posted by Poise3

Real Talk....Most states offer free health insurance for people who make less then $2000 - $3500 a month. It is easy to apply for and can take about a week to get. You get a real insurance company that has bid for the contracts with the state. Most of these do not have a co-pay for visits or prescriptions.

I used to make decent money, but things change. I didnt want to blow my savings for health insurance (about $450 for a family of 4), so I applied. I sent her my paystubs for 2010 and told her my story. She reviewed my case and they gave us insurance. My wife only works seasonally as a njaac coach, but takes care of the kids the rest of the time.

So basically now, based off my the end of my 2010 income, I have free health insurance for the remainder of 2011. This is such a relief for my family. Most importantly it gives me time to find the right career path for the future, instead of rushing into a new job to get cheap insurance.

These programs are not just for people in "section 8" housing, or welfare. These are real programs that can help people get through tough situations.

WE ALL PAY TAXES SOME WAY OR ANOTHER.  THIS IS ONE WAY TO GET THAT HARD EARNED MONEY BACK. DON'T BE SCARED OR EMBARRASSED TO ASK FOR HELP...ESPECIALLY WHEN IT COMES TO YOUR HEALTH.

Good luck.
Great information.  I never knew about this.  Something I'll definitely look into when I get back into the states.  What state are you from?

--Alot of people dont have insurance. Its a shame.
--I got mine through work at Radioshack Mobile/Target. Got it within 10 days of date of hire.

--Which is good cuz soe companies make you wait 90-180 days before you qualify for insurance/benefits.

--Alot of people dont have insurance. Its a shame.
--I got mine through work at Radioshack Mobile/Target. Got it within 10 days of date of hire.

--Which is good cuz soe companies make you wait 90-180 days before you qualify for insurance/benefits.

I am in the process of cancelling mine. I have Blue Cross/Blue Shield through my exmployer but they are raping me. I actually found out I can go with them independent of my employer just as a single male and get it cheaper. I was paying 160$ every 2 weeks and then I found out my plan doesn't even cover anything until after I pay a $2500 deductible, so I was just basically giving them money for nothing. Damn that.

I am in the process of cancelling mine. I have Blue Cross/Blue Shield through my exmployer but they are raping me. I actually found out I can go with them independent of my employer just as a single male and get it cheaper. I was paying 160$ every 2 weeks and then I found out my plan doesn't even cover anything until after I pay a $2500 deductible, so I was just basically giving them money for nothing. Damn that.

My knee is F'd up to the point where I can barely run.
Only reason I don't see a doctor is because I don't have insurance
& I know the visit + x-rays are gonna leave me flat broke
frown.gif

My knee is F'd up to the point where I can barely run.
Only reason I don't see a doctor is because I don't have insurance
& I know the visit + x-rays are gonna leave me flat broke
frown.gif

No insurance.....But im not working right now so i probably need to go apply for it. (My wife and kids have it because she is pregnant......apparently if you dont have insurance and are preggo, they give it to you almost automatically)

No insurance.....But im not working right now so i probably need to go apply for it. (My wife and kids have it because she is pregnant......apparently if you dont have insurance and are preggo, they give it to you almost automatically)

Back
Top Bottom