Anyone else startin to hate the new Nas?

Quote:
Look at Graduation. Kanye gives one of the worst lyrical performances in recent memory, yet everyone is ready to call it the album of the year.
Team Negrodamus
I'm Black yall, and I'm Black yall, and I'm Blackity-Black and I'm Black yall!!​

Quote:
Look at Graduation. Kanye gives one of the worst lyrical performances in recent memory, yet everyone is ready to call it the album of the year. They even go as far as to have sing-a-long threads, like he's saying something profound. It doesn't make any sense to me.
Goooooooooonies
..DOPE LIKE HEROIN..

Quote:
Like Mike Jacks ATU part Mattola can't touch
atv publishing, basically he (jackson) pulled more rank than mottola did with sony at the time, and eventually mottola left sony in part because of the dispute they had (jackson accused him of exploiting black artists, and not promoting them, called him a racist etc, etc). draw from that what you want.

nas needs to get back to making tracks that are more universal, i mean his ability to make tracks with meaning and emotion are second to none in rap, and that's what appealed to me more than anything. i don't really care for his KRS-One type elitist attitude that he's been on for a minute, like he feels the need to tell you how great he is when everybody knows his catalogue/impact on rap. hhid was solid, not up to his standards, but still solid, i don't think it hurts his catalogue at all. hhid was a well put together commercial album and i actually thought the production on it was alot better than what he's had in recent past. even though the lyrics/ wordplay weren't up to par, i thought the imagery on some of his songs was crazy. like his verse on black republican, that was ill to me

Quote:
Weak minds keep tryin' follow the street signs
I'm standing on the roof of my building, I'm feelin'
The whirlwind of beef I inhale it just like an acrobat
Ready to hurl myself through the hoops of fire
And I move like the Coupe thru traffic / Rush hour GT Bent' roof is absent​

^Sippin 80 proof, bulletproof under my attire, I thought his verse on that was dope.
Team Negrodamus
I'm Black yall, and I'm Black yall, and I'm Blackity-Black and I'm Black yall!!​

his story telling and imagery on Still Dreamin' was on point. vintage Nas right there. I've given up hope of him making another complete album so I'm happy when he can put out a couple 5 mic tracks.

Quote:
Kanye gives one of the worst lyrical performances in recent memory, yet everyone is ready to call it the album of the year. They even go as far as to have sing-a-long threads, like he's saying something profound. It doesn't make any sense to me.

DAMN!!!
i try to say that but peeps think i be hatin.
and i was gonna give a "bot" response but it was done for me.
Quote:
thats because Kanye's strengths dont lie in his lyrical ability...more of his overall song making ability.
TEAMCOWBOYS
VI..XII..XXVII..XXVIII..XXX......
"WE like some wild COWBOYS comin to get YOU at high noon"

FS: Retro Jordan 5(black and silver)sz. 10.5 $150: Black Foams 11.5,$220

Nas is human. He goes through emotions, change and maturity. He only gets older and wiser just like everyone. Except this time, his life is laid out on track.

And the whole thing with the imaginary drive-by is to show that he isn't going to be pulled back in the hood and it's petty lifestyle.

I love all his albums (except for Nastradamus and parts of S.D.)
TEAM
Google​
We're Feeling Lucky​
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S​

You think Money Over @#%$ is whack, son?

That's like my favorite track on the album.
TEAMGIANTS|TEAMYANKEES|NYK...BASKETBALL
Team I Heart HarlemToTheBronx

Quote:
nas was wack after stillmatic...
TEAM EAGLES
Andrews - Baskett - Brown - Brown - Bunkley - Cole - Considine - Curtis - Dawkins - Gaither - Gocong - Herremans
Howard - Jackson - Kearse - McNabb - Patterson - Runyan - Sheppard - Spikes - Tapeh - Thomas - Westbrook​

Quote:
It's the era of disposable music, so it's not surprising people don't feel Nas anymore. Dudes would rather hype the new Cam mixtape when he hasn't put out anything of quality since the 90's. Then when a song leaks, they try to convince themselves it's hot, ignoring the truth. Look at Graduation. Kanye gives one of the worst lyrical performances in recent memory, yet everyone is ready to call it the album of the year. They even go as far as to have sing-a-long threads, like he's saying something profound. It doesn't make any sense to me.

Nas does need to step his game up, but it's not entirely his fault if people aren't feeling him. The current state of mainstream hip-hop has changed people's perception of quality. Everyone wants pop beats with a catchy hook nowadays, forget kicking knowledge.
Mez 1 presents...Nas is God's Son (The Remix): Coming Soon
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S
(Size 9-9.5) BMP $199, Fred 3s $140, CG 11s $250, West/OG 20s $89, Penny 4 Blk/wht $50, etcwww.Original Soles.comMyspaceSoundclickeBay Auctions

Nas sounds average whenever Jigga is involved....ie black republicans, success. I cant stand that...

what ever happened to...

"Skys are misty,
My life predicted by a gypsy;
ill one day walk into shots drunk off a champagne from sicily.."
STRAIGHT FROM CLEVELAND-FREE BUTTER!!
Inner-City Born - Inner-City Bred. Neva No Sucka.​

Quote:
Nas is human. He goes through emotions, change and maturity. He only gets older and wiser just like everyone
TN*113*OUT*CP
My style is impetuous. My defense is inpregnable.And I'm just ferocious. I want to eat his children.​

Quote:
It's the era of disposable music, so it's not surprising people don't feel Nas anymore. Dudes would rather hype the new Cam mixtape when he hasn't put out anything of quality since the 90's. Then when a song leaks, they try to convince themselves it's hot, ignoring the truth. Look at Graduation. Kanye gives one of the worst lyrical performances in recent memory, yet everyone is ready to call it the album of the year. They even go as far as to have sing-a-long threads, like he's saying something profound. It doesn't make any sense to me.

Nas does need to step his game up, but it's not entirely his fault if people aren't feeling him. The current state of mainstream hip-hop has changed people's perception of quality. Everyone wants pop beats with a catchy hook nowadays, forget kicking knowledge.
:smh:
smh.gif
ed with Ether.
TEAMMUSICFORUM

Anyone can have their own opinion, but to say HHID and SD is complete TRASH when its clearly not is just being ignorant.

Trash is what you hear on the radio every 5 minutes.
(Size 9-9.5) BMP $199, Fred 3s $140, CG 11s $250, West/OG 20s $89, Penny 4 Blk/wht $50, etcwww.Original Soles.comMyspaceSoundclickeBay Auctions

Of course Nas can spit the way he's capable of, but last thing I want to see from an artist is the same shhh every album. I like Nasty Nas as much as the next man, but when it comes to any artist I like......I want to see growth, development, maturity, etc.

Nas has grown a lot and I like the fact that his past several singles (from GS, SD and HHID) has a positive theme to them (ie: Bridge the Gap, I Can, Just a Moment, Forget about You), and can drop those dark, grimier tracks when needed (ie. Thief's Theme, Made You Look, etc).

Dude has grown a lot as an artist, and he consistently puts out music that I like, which is why I always look forward to his next album to see what direction he heads in next.

Quote:
Maybe not complete trash, both had some good tracks, but come on. Mez, I know you're a Nas head, and you can't tell me that wasn't subpar for Mr. Jones.
TEAM
Google
We're Feeling Lucky

"Honestly, I thought HHiD was a very good album"

Thank You. I swear nt was saying how hot hhid was and now they say its whack. Come on now

HHID was very ill album . It has such a wide range of joints , Nas once again tested the limit .
Be good I might put away the wood and give you the mustache​

Cant Forget About You is my shhh

THE JOKER GANG
"I now do what other people only dream. I make art until someone dies. See? I am the world's first fully functioning homicidal artist. "​

Quote:
Nas doesn't make music that can be played in the club, and doesn't make music that makes you wanna hustle or live a crazy lavish life. His music is directed at a very particular audience.

I think dude's point is that Nas TRIES to make that type of music and it comes out all wrong because even tho he has a bunch of personas, that type of music is inconsistent with the real Nas. Add to that the times where Nas is just being himself and it comes off weird, don't make me list examples. Put it this way, Lupe is a cooler, more likable nerd than Nas is. Nas is the nerd that'll ask you what you got on the SAT and then try to clown you.

You're right that Nas has a particular audience but the fact is that he strays from his lane and tries to cater outside his audience all the time.

@#%$ it, you made me list an example

Quote:
She'll scream as if pushed in a freezin cold pool
When she piss she gone bleed in the whole stool
:smh:
smh.gif

^ I agree that he tries to cater to a different audience, but it goes horribly, horribly wrong.

Look at his attempts to try and join 'mainstream' rappers; his Disciple sneaker by 310, his Esco clothing line, his reality show on MTV and countless songs that he's tried & failed at.

I admit, he's had a good share of L's in his career but he still tries for some reason. And I have no problem with that in terms of music as long as its one or two tracks max on a 14+ track album.

Quote:
Son's backward flows, they say mine is very scary
Smell fear like a canine that finds buried babies
And all of y'all wear that same aroma
How to blow on your eighth LP, I'll show ya
TEAM
Google
We're Feeling Lucky

Quote:
he's talking about michael jackson's stake in sony/atv publishing, basically he (jackson) pulled more rank than mottola did with sony at the time, and eventually mottola left sony in part because of the dispute they had (jackson accused him of exploiting black artists, and not promoting them, called him a racist etc, etc). draw from that what you want.

Back
Top Bottom