Anyone else startin to hate the new Nas?

I used to bump dude religiously....but these days I just can't get into sons music or image at all. It seems like he doesn't stand for anything. Dun is all over the map. From RD to AG...Jay is Jay, Ye is Ye, DMX is DMX, BIG was BIG, Pun was Pun, Kiss is Kiss. etc....

Who is the real Nas?

I was hypnotizde by the intellectual, poetic hoodlum that dropped jewels on Illmatic and Stillmatic. The emotional risk-taker on Gods Son was raw as @#%$ too...but other than that dude is an enigma. Is he a murderous Mafiosi? A Muslim insurgent? A tarrot card reader? Who is this cat? Dude is really starting to bore me.

HHID was a complete mess to me, except for 5 or so stand out tracks....joint was buns. That skit on HHID before "Not going back" with him and Kelis doing an imaginary drive-by, was the straw that broke the camels back. Dun is starting to ooze corniness IMO.

Most importantly his music just ain't appealing to me no more. I def don't think an artist should stay boxed in to one kind of music, but son hasn't really evolved as much as he has flipped. That melodic/poetic lyricism seems like it vanished too. His flow seems forced, his wordplay less fluid. I don't know what hes talkin about half the time...."Like Mike Jacks ATU part Mattola can't touch"...If he was predominately lyrical and conscious (like Com)....I think he would be the hands down GOAT. "What the fans want is Illmatic still." :smh:
smh.gif

I have always been pulling for homie, but if this next album is more of the same, I can officialy say that I have outgrown his gibberish.
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S​

he's human.

he shows all kinds of emotions.

the reason you hate Nas....

is the reason why i love that dude..(nh)

Nas is my favorite MC, but I can see where you're coming from. A lot of his new stuff (besides Surviving the Times) seems to fly way over my head.
Team Negrodamus
I'm Black yall, and I'm Black yall, and I'm Blackity-Black and I'm Black yall!!​

Its not his emotion that I hate....its his beat choices, his new flow, his new use of words, the direction of his albums and verses....

He went from being that cool street dude, with an authentic swag...to a cornball that few people take seriously.

Its like hes trying to be eclectic just because he can.

I ain't really rocked with Nas since God's Son ...

just outgrew each other I guess.

illmatic to God's Son is cool though ... HHiD was iight.
Quote:
its his beat choices
+ TEAMGEORGIASOLE +
I'MSICK'UD
: last.fm : :​

i don't understand why people don;t like HHID
you got:

Let there be light
Carry On Tradition
Black Republican
Shine On Em'
Can't Forget about You
Money Over @#%$
Hold Down the Block
Blunt Ashes
Don;t Hate Me New (This is "N")
and Hip-Hop is dead was not a horrible song either

i mean of course everyone is entitled to there opinion, but thats 10 really good songs on the album, I mean was it a classic No, but it was a solid album.

.:Team Mental Liberation:.​

TeamAutobot
T R A N S F O R M E R S​

i never cared for him from beginning to now
Code:
Disclaimer: The views expressed by MEMPHISBOI55 are those of his own and not necessarily the shared views of any other person, party, or affiliates.
ANTI ECAPCITY!!! self note to memphisboi55....dont do business again!

Money Over BS
You Can't Kill Me
Where are they now
Who Killed It
Not Going Back
Play on Playa

simon-cowell.jpg

I woulda agreed with you if this was '94-'99

cuz I just dont like IWW NaS to GOD's Son Nas in my eyes dude took like a 4 album break from rap, there were some bangers from him but overall I saw it as NaS runnin off in a hole to hide

Stillmatic to NaS I can listen too, You can say hes a hypocrite but that would be redundant(Im done with hatin on dude). Take NaS for the artist he is a dust head creative genius. The man has made music I outright love 2nd Childhood, @#%$ Picnic, Purple to name a few. Do you kno how many ppl I criticize(make fun of) off that material alone? The issh he spits you can use to elevate the mind of others so aslong as its good music from him

:smokin
smokin.gif
Team Otaku
TeamWolfShirts
"Its painful how sexy I look in this."

Quote:
The man has made music I outright love 2nd Childhood, Picnic, Purple to name a few. Do you kno how many ppl I criticize(make fun of) off that material alone? The issh he spits you can use to elevate the mind of others so aslong as its good music from him
caveman.jpg

S dot Carter exposed him for his two-faced ways on that song off blueprint 2....just like any of us, the REAL nas is in it for the $$$. He can't rely on his popularity any more so he has to stir up controversy for sales. They wouldn't let him name his last album n_ so he names it HHID and everyone gets their panties in a bunch.

Jigga man uses the hype off a ridley scott movie to help his promotion :pimp:
pimp.gif
That's slick and I'm not mad at that. Nas uses the controversy behind racism :smh:
smh.gif

Quote:
but these days I just can't get into sons music or image at all. It seems like he doesn't stand for anything. Dun is all over the map. From RD to AG...Jay is Jay, Ye is Ye, DMX is DMX, BIG was BIG, Pun was Pun, Kiss is Kiss. etc....

You are a one dimensional figure though right???. Dude was going through some changes. People have multiple sides. Jay is a businessman, he knows the game. He was going to force himself to keep it consistent regardless if that was his mindframe or not (that corporate intention is so much more offensive to me). The same reason I don't like Jadakiss.
Quote:
i never cared for him from beginning to now

You are wilding young buck. That ultra-pop hip hop has you preconditioned to feel that BS. You won't hear me though........ Dipset is not the future. They are the regression. I'm just an oldhead though right........... You know. NY dudes are supposed to make southern club joints, Midwest dudes are supposed to make Middle American top 40 radio hits, The West is supposed to be irrelevant when Mississippi gets more exposure than them. Seems culturally balanced to me.......... What do I know though?????????

I totally agree. I haven't really felt him since God's Son.

And for the record, Hip-Hop Is Dead is/was garbage. No other way around it. I listened to it for a week, off the strength it was a new Nas album. Then I sold it. Rubbish.

We livin' this cuz it's deep in our bones...​

Nah...Nas is that dude to me...he just out there sometimes...but at the end of the day he is still Nas..

and even though he might show a lot of different sides to himself...and we might not know who the real Nas is....he was still ill on everything he tried to present IMO...wether it be conscious MC or a street N__...I think Nas does a good job on it all.
Goooooooooonies​
..DOPE LIKE HEROIN..

I agree somewhat, but Nas's good work is Great, and there arent many songs that i truly dont like.

anyway where are all the Nas supporters? DOM? his your chance to prove something.
TEAMCOWBOYS
VI..XII..XXVII..XXVIII..XXX......​
"WE like some wild COWBOYS comin to get YOU at high noon"

FS: Retro Jordan 5(black and silver)sz. 10.5 $150: Black Foams 11.5,$220

:lol:
laugh.gif
Me and my mans was listening to Success in the car...after Jay finished his verses and Nas comes on...after like 8 bars my man goes "what the @#%$ is he talking about"...I couldnt even answer him :lol:
laugh.gif
The Black Zack Morris

I don't hate him; I haven't respected him lately in 4 years.
TEAM EAGLES
T.O. Go Sit Down​
MIAMI HEAT​
Party In the City Where The Heat Is On​

It's the era of disposable music, so it's not surprising people don't feel Nas anymore. Dudes would rather hype the new Cam mixtape when he hasn't put out anything of quality since the 90's. Then when a song leaks, they try to convince themselves it's hot, ignoring the truth. Look at Graduation. Kanye gives one of the worst lyrical performances in recent memory, yet everyone is ready to call it the album of the year. They even go as far as to have sing-a-long threads, like he's saying something profound. It doesn't make any sense to me.

Nas does need to step his game up, but it's not entirely his fault if people aren't feeling him. The current state of mainstream hip-hop has changed people's perception of quality. Everyone wants pop beats with a catchy hook nowadays, forget kicking knowledge.
Cold Chillin'​

Back
Top Bottom