Anyone else that can't drink soda/sugary drinks anymore?

raspberry AZ ice tea
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Since I've eliminated HFCS and Aspartame from my diet, they taste nasty now. I splurge at a restaurant, but other than that I cant drink it normally. I pretty much stick to carbonated fruit juice, fruit juice, coconut water, coffee, tea, almond milk and water.

I really need to give up soda, I drink a lot of Diet Dr. Pepper so I'm not really consuming a lot of sugar.  However, Diet drinks are bad for your health,
30t6p3b.gif

It's so !%+#$$* good though.

Sorry brahs, need to have something with flavor when I eat.  Can't do the water thing, and this is coming from a guy that forces himself to drink a gallon + of water a day (
sick.gif
).  Such a chore, almost a workout onto itself.  Only time I dig water is when I'm working out or doing an activity (Never sought Gatorade/Powerade).  Water is like missionary, it does the trick, but it's boring as @@*%.

I'll probably try to ween myself off soda someday.  Not now though.

had to stop buying soda, i'd knock out like 5 cans in one sitting, 12 packs wouldn't last a day
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Originally Posted by bjamez20

had to stop buying soda, i'd knock out like 5 cans in one sitting, 12 packs wouldn't last a day
sick.gif

I threw up just reading that!
sick.gif
Done that before, not a single damn was given.
laugh.gif

Drank soda once in the past month, I think I'm starting to not like soda. However, I'll still drink sparkling water if I ever have a craving for the fizzyness.

I usually drink tea (non-sweetened ones), sparkling water, plain old water, and coconut water.

I stopped drinking soda. I used to get bad acne from drinking soda and since I stopped my skin started to clear up. Nowadays all I drink is water, orange juice, or just regular juice w/o the extra added sugar.

Me too.
When I was a kid I used to drink so much, but now I can't.
I can't even have juices sometimes.
Any drinks with high sugar gives me bad headaches.
I can't even eat cake. I can't swallow the frosting because I feel like puking.

Does anyone know why this is?

I drink soda consistently. All brands, flavors, %#*$ is too good man!
laugh.gif

I have recently switched to Snapple, but I always have the urge to drink a cold soda during work...
pimp.gif

PO

I used to be overweight and drank 3-4 cans of soda a day. I rarely if ever drink it nowadays. Last time i couldn't even finish the can i opened, felt bloated halfway through it.

I was addicted to sodas like wino's are to alcohol. I would drink at least two 2 liters a day ((99 cent Safeway selects were like crack). One day I decided I would challenge myself to see how long I could go without having a soda. It was extremely tough early on (like anything you're addicted to) but one day turned into a week, which turned into a month, etc. I have not had a soda since September 19th 2005.

I remember I used to drink pop like it was nothing... but I stopped. If I have a Sprite or something now, the carbonation is too overwhelming. I gotta take little sips
30t6p3b.gif

Try to avoid any sugared soda at all costs.

I primarily drink water. and Diet Dr Pepper. (my weakness)

I'm trying to cut out all of the alcohol.

I loved soda and candy when I was younger. Around 24,25 I just hated them both. I might have a Cola every blue moon with some pizza or a burger. I also hated water back then too, now I love it. Water all day
laugh.gif
  I think as you get older you just get tired of it and also appreciate water more. It's like your mind/body tells you that you need it. 

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

I really need to give up soda, I drink a lot of Diet Dr. Pepper so I'm not really consuming a lot of sugar.  However, Diet drinks are bad for your health,
30t6p3b.gif

It's so !%+#$$* good though.
The way I justify it is that it's much better for your body than alcohol
laugh.gif
Most people indulge in much more @#$% thats terrible for their bodies.

I quit soda about 5 years ago. The taste from what I can remember is refreshing and good but I know it's not good for my health and the sugar level is too high so I decided I'd rather be healthy than to satisfy my taste buds. I had also found out soda can weaken your bones and lower calcium absorption so that was just another reason for me to quit. Now I just drink Milk (no chocolate milk) , Water, Minute Maid light lemonade, and sometimes orange juice.

Water can be  so plain and i'd rather drink something with flavor after a nice meal so I found my new favortie juice that has only 2 grams of sugar per 8 oz serving and also only 15 calories per :nerd:z serving. Minute maid Light Lemonade. Extremely good lemonade taste but VERY low in sugar and calories.  It's the perfect juice for me.
happy.gif

Minute+Maid+Light+Lemonade.jpg

U cats not bout that life
pimp.gif

I'm bout that life
pimp.gif

Soda erry day
pimp.gif

N's on diets, sippin light water while watchin the view

I only drink water, milk, or watered down juice, I consider tea a form of water. When I was a kid I used to down 64oz juice daily, now I can't even drink it without pouring out half and adding water
sick.gif
. I was never much of a soda person, though now I refuse to drink it. Water does get boring, so I add some juice to it to give it some flavor. I drink milkshakes, though I consider that dessert, though I make them at home and I know how much ice cream you need to make them, so I don't drink them often. Drinking sugary drinks make me feel terrible, so I just don't drink them anymore, my days of drinking entire bottles of juice and double big gulp slurpees are over.

Originally Posted by Basketballsavant

I was addicted to sodas like wino's are to alcohol. I would drink at least two 2 liters a day ((99 cent Safeway selects were like crack). One day I decided I would challenge myself to see how long I could go without having a soda. It was extremely tough early on (like anything you're addicted to) but one day turned into a week, which turned into a month, etc. I have not had a soda since September 19th 2005.
2ujqk40.jpg

Back
Top Bottom