Anyone else that can't drink soda/sugary drinks anymore?

I'm 25 now and for the past 3 years or so I can't bring myself to drink a 12oz can of soda.  I can only drink at most 1/2 and then I get sick of it.  Same with Powerade or Gatorade, I have to water it down.  I guess that's just me getting old, I remember I used to eat candy a lot too, but it just doesn't do it for me.  Anyone else experience the same thing?

Yea man, I use to drink like 3 or 4 sprite cans a day, now I can barely drink one..Out of curiosity, what do you drink now? Besides water..

As a kid my parents never bought soda. Now as an adult it really never drink soda. Same goes for candy.

used to drink soda literally every single day. Havent touched it in years now, last time i tried it my eyes were watering so bad cause i wasnt used to all that carbonation 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by undefinedinc

Yea man, I use to drink like 3 or 4 sprite cans a day, now I can barely drink one..Out of curiosity, what do you drink now? Besides water..
If I'm craving a sweet drink I'll make some Crystal Light here and there, but just skim milk, soy milk, and water really.  A cup of juice here and there as well.

I easily could and still do on occasion. Been trying hard to limit my liquids to water, fruit juices, gatorade, etc. Trying to stay away from drinks with high fructose corn syrup and a lot of sugar.

i cant. i have to resort to getting iced tea when im "fast fooding" and i dont even really like that. once in a while i'll take some sprite like a shot just clear the taste of my mouth when im at a potluck or somehting and theres nothing else. the only time i drink coke nowadays is in a jack and coke lol.

and yea the fizz/carbonation if is weird when you havent had it for so long

I haven't had soda for years now, and I haven't looked back since. I gave it up for Lent one season when I was younger and never looked back.

Water (dominant), Orange Juice, and Milk is all I need (not including alcohol).

Originally Posted by AirThompson

As a kid my parents never bought soda. Now as an adult it really never drink soda. Same goes for candy.
same here.  never missed it.

i drink water all day.

I rarely drink soda now. I only drink iced tea, water and juice.

Occasionally I'll get a coke but only if I don't see anything else I want.

i stopped drinking soda in the 10th grade i dont really know why but i think its cause the rest of my fam were heavy soda drinkers and i would drink but being in sports and trying to stay in shape i could notice how nasty it made me feel internally ...yes it taste good, nice good rush from the sugar, but i could get that from juice or i normally stick to water and milk ... =]

I never drink soda. Never drank it growing up, so now whenever I go out to eat I always get water. I can't stand the sweetness and carbonation of soda.

I like gatorade though, same with powerade, I don't drink it that often but I like it a lot.

never drank soda growin up....my parents didn't so I guess thats why i didn't .....don't now either it's awful for you, no reason to.

water, diet green tea and the occasional gatorade ftw

I hate sweet drinks so I barely drink sodas or juices (by themselves). All I drink is water and coffee on a daily basis basis.

I'll have the occasional vodka + soda or juice though (but since I hate sweet drinks, its usually with ginger ale, tonic, or apple juice).

Havent drunk soda in a while. Cant even drink gatorade anymore. Brought a bottle after the gym friday and I swear I was drinking a bottle of sugar water
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Never had a problem with sodas/sugary drinks. Just have to stay away from alcohol.

Soda used to taste better. Coke out of the can was
eek.gif
now it's
eyes.gif

Vanilla Coke was
eek.gif
. Hardly see it now though
30t6p3b.gif

Now it's water, simply lemonade , milk , and beer

Back
Top Bottom