Anyone else think Church is stupid

youmadyoubad

Banned
I don't ever go to church anymore. My mom doesn't ask much of me except that i go to church with her during the holidays. And i sit there and listen towhat the preacher is saying, i look at the 2 jumbo screens, and watch how the people react and i just don't get how people are so convinced. All i get fromChurch is that people go there to feel better about all the crooked,shady,unmoral things they did during the week. And use church as a way to feel better aboutthemselves, leave church and are back to the same grind 10 minutes later. And just encase this topic lifts off the ground this is not an attack on"religion". Can anyone who gets something from church explain how and why?

I basically agree with you.

I don't think it's stupid, though. I just feel like I don't have to go all the damn time in order to feel connected or in touch with God...

Originally Posted by YouMadYouBad

I don't ever go to church anymore. My mom doesn't ask much of me except that i go to church with her during the holidays. And i sit there and listen to what the preacher is saying, i look at the 2 jumbo screens, and watch how the people react and i just don't get how people are so convinced. All i get from Church is that people go there to feel better about all the crooked,shady,unmoral things they did during the week. And use church as a way to feel better about themselves, leave church and are back to the same grind 10 minutes later. And just encase this topic lifts off the ground this is not an attack on "religion". Can anyone who gets something from church explain how and why?
That is not church as I know it.

Depends on the priest, but I enjoy church. If he is a priest who is trying to convey a message and relate to his congregation rather than just condemning allus sinners then I will walk away feeling uplifted.

Maybe you just aren't going to the right church?

I dont think it stupid....

But the whole system is corrupt.

Mega churches... since when is it ok for a church to have a plasma and an atm?

Got preachers smashing ppl wives and smiling in the husbands faces

A comic sed it best: 2 many ppl freakin on friday, sucking on saturday, and suddenly saved on sunday

I'll stick to my belief of spirtuality in the confines of my home and mind

I don't ever go to church anymore. My mom doesn't ask much of me except that i go to church with her during the holidays. And i sit there and listen to what the preacher is saying, i look at the 2 jumbo screens, and watch how the people react and i just don't get how people are so convinced. All i get from Church is that people go there to feel better about all the crooked,shady,unmoral things they did during the week. And use church as a way to feel better about themselves, leave church and are back to the same grind 10 minutes later. And just encase this topic lifts off the ground this is not an attack on "religion". Can anyone who gets something from church explain how and why?

exactly... I could meet more real people in jail. And its all flip flopped around to be "oh its all aboutme," and "jesus help ME" its the most selfish thing that exists. They arent all like this but its def a majority.

Yea church is dumb.
I havent been since i was 3 and i dont have any plans on going soon.

Do i believe in jesus? yes his name is calvin
Do i believe in god? yes, his name is henry

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

That is not church as I know it.

yea, im sure every church is different, plus im not really factoring in which religion or sect you are. But for those that attend the same type of church as idescribed might be able to put in a better opinion.

I still think as a whole people are sitting there listening to someone who is good with words. . All the priest/pastor does is tell a story and try to tie itinto the bible. . I don't see how this helps people. Dont people have common sense or a conscious? Why do i need to have my sins forgiven? how does thisreally help me in life other then knowing that whatever i do ill be forgiven because i went to church last Sunday.

Originally Posted by Uptown Roamer

I don't think it's stupid, though. I just feel like I don't have to go all the damn time in order to feel connected or in touch with God...

I haven't gone to church in a while my mom doesn't even bother asking me to go anymore. My mom would ask my pops to with her and he would hit her with"I don't need to go to church to show my faith I can pray from my home and Im sure God will listen to me!"

laugh.gif
Funny but so true.
Just imagine how mad that made mom?
frown.gif
I should go to church this up coming sunday

I dunno if it's stupid, but you can take something from church. The Bible is pretty stupid too I guess, but you can learn some lessons from it. Itall depends on the person and what they want to take from it. You gotta find the nuggets in everything in life.

You should look at it more as what can I offer the church/God (not money) than what can church offer me.

Originally Posted by Uptown Roamer

THIS.

I used to say the same thing about church. I learned to go in and just take what you can from it and learn. Don't worry about anything else because at theend of the day YOUR relationship with God is what matters.

i don't think church is stupid because it does help a lot of people, a lot of good people at that.

i do however, think that it's unnecessary for some.

I just never FEEL like going. I have to wake up early 5 days of the week, I don't feel like making that 6 to be honest.

The praise and worship part of it for me is just people watching honestly. I am a calm type dude so I won't be caught "hooplin and hollerin" likesome folks are. It is amusing though watching folks run around and hulking up.

Depending on the sermon, I am usually entertained. Things are said that can be tied into everyday life. I look at preachers as motivational speakers. Everyoneneeds some motivation whether it is from within or from someone else.

If I can just listen to THAT, I am fine. The rest of the production doesn't interest me as much though.

First off, I never go to church.

But, I think you guys miss the purpose of why people go.

Yes, people are corrupt. But people go to church because they want to do better; want to be good.
And it isn't always easy for some to do good.
To some people, church represents something good

To others, it represents an escape from what's going on in their life.

I've been to a few different churches and the general sense I get is that it is a collection of fake people trying to show off how 'good' they areby acting over the top when you know for the other 6 1/2 days in the week they act nothing like that. Obviously this is not the case for everyone, but theblatantly obvious ones stand out in my mind. I also realize that churches need money to be able to function but when that collection plate is about to getpassed around, things start getting real serious. In some churches, it seems more of a business than a church. At this point in my life, I feel like I ameducated enough to be able to read and comprehend the Bible by myself so I don't need to subject myself to the nonsense of churches just to hear a messagefrom a preacher. Religion is about your state of mind and actions not what building you are in or who you are with Sunday mornings.

i have a hard time seeing the priest with all the big hats in my way

Originally Posted by HarlemKickDiva

I dont think it stupid....

But the whole system is corrupt.

Mega churches... since when is it ok for a church to have a plasma and an atm?

Got preachers smashing ppl wives and smiling in the husbands faces

A comic sed it best: 2 many ppl freakin on friday, sucking on saturday, and suddenly saved on sunday

I'll stick to my belief of spirtuality in the confines of my home and mind

This.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Both church and religion are stupid.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]But I do believe in something greater.[/color]

Back
Top Bottom