Anyone else think Church is stupid

Most of the replies I've read are concerned w/ how other ppl react in church, not the message. If yall were more concerned with the message being taughtthen how Sister Phillips or Deacon Jones is actin then yall wouldn't have a problem with it. Now if the pastor is a false prophet then I can understand. Iwent to a church where every sermon was about money in some way, shape, or form and lets just say I never attended that church again.

When I go to church, I'm not concerned with the ppl around me, they wanna be fake and all that jazz then that's on them, I'm going to praise my Godnot worry about them. Attending church is a form of discipline, cause face it, given the option, u wouldn't pray and read your bible at home during churchservice.

Is church stupid? Not at all, are there some stupid ppl that attend church which gives it a negative image? Of course.

In all actuality, the church is not a building but the body, and going to church is supposed to be to be fed the word of God in congregation with others whoseek the same thing. But u can have the same thing elsewhere because wherever there is more than one gathered in the name of the Lord, he is there.

Amen, u gents have a good day

Churchs are investments like real estate. In all honesty I don't mind the shady pastors. They give people what they want, delusion/a feel good feeling, andbenefit monetarily, what's the problem?

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

Mega churches... since when is it ok for a church to have a plasma and an atm?

this...my cousins go to a church like this in san antonio...i think its a non domination church i mean nothing against them and all but i find reallyridiculous...the cameras, atms and TVs shouldnt be the way to praise the lord...it seems like they are making the word some type of show

ehh..im kind of the same way...i've never liked going to church..the way i see it..if you believe..why do you need to go to church..idk..i just cant getdown with church..pastor making a living off the people..and its always about give money..and the people in the church always talking about each other..its notfor me

my mom used to make me go..but she doesn't even bother asking now b/c she knows im going
laugh.gif

I don't necessarily think it's stupid. Some people need that reassurance for their beliefs to be among others when they actually worship. I on theother hand realized that I don't.

Though when I have children I'll probably go to church again. As much as I have a hatred towards the institution of religion. Some of the things that aretaught are very positive for child development IMO. I definitely don't hate the fact that I went to church and Catholic schools all my life. I want tooffer my children all their opportunities. And then it's their choice on what they want to do once all the facts and options are presented to them.

I think church is so idiotic everyone there thinks they are so +@%*%%# special because they confessed their sins to some mystery man or some $%+*. It's alla stupid scam that's there to give people some sort of hope of there being something more.

Originally Posted by YouMadYouBad

I don't ever go to church anymore. My mom doesn't ask much of me except that i go to church with her during the holidays. And i sit there and listen to what the preacher is saying, i look at the 2 jumbo screens, and watch how the people react and i just don't get how people are so convinced. All i get from Church is that people go there to feel better about all the crooked,shady,unmoral things they did during the week. And use church as a way to feel better about themselves, leave church and are back to the same grind 10 minutes later. And just encase this topic lifts off the ground this is not an attack on "religion". Can anyone who gets something from church explain how and why?

I can't comment because I've never been to a real church service, only for funerals and memorials.

Even at the funerals, I hate listening to the religious crap about salvation, etc., my preference is just that it serves as a remembrance and farewell to thedeparted.

The biggest Church here in Cleveland has a chain barbecue restaurant (B&M's) INSIDE of it.
laugh.gif

I def. think its stupid....believing in this fiction book, by a guy who supposebly exsisted....and the whole atmosphere is fake and full of hypocrites, or justplain ol ppl who are scared to live life their way.

Originally Posted by HarlemKickDiva

I dont think it stupid....

But the whole system is corrupt.

Mega churches... since when is it ok for a church to have a plasma and an atm?

Got preachers smashing ppl wives and smiling in the husbands faces

A comic sed it best: 2 many ppl freakin on friday, sucking on saturday, and suddenly saved on sunday

I'll stick to my belief of spirtuality in the confines of my home and mind

I agree... My "church" has plasmas but I was there the day they were donated. I use the term church loosely because we're non-denominational...in fact we don't even have the word church in our name... Where I choose to worship is the first place That I've felt a since of realness as far asfaith is concerned... But thats just me.

NTers in here talking a bunch of jargon as expected. i go to church for God and nothing else.. i don't care about how big the church is, how many jumboscreens (wth?) there are or any of that. i go to church, sit down, listen to the sermon, give my tithe and walk right out. if you can't see it as that,just look at it like a weekly pep talk. it's a great way to start your week.

edit:
laugh.gif
why are people so worried about what's inside the churchrather than the actual purpose of attending? why are you dudes even worried about ATMs and restaurants? go listen and leave. a lot of you guys sound lost onthe road, word to gorilla zoe. you need a supreme being in your life, no matter how you wanna look at it.. praise something. go to a synagogue, mosque, church,whatever.. living a meaningless life with no direction is not the way to go.

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

NTers in here talking a bunch of jargon as expected. i go to church for God and nothing else.. i don't care about how big the church is, how many jumbo screens (wth?) there are or any of that. i go to church, sit down, listen to the sermon, give my tithe and walk right out. if you can't see it as that, just look at it like a weekly pep talk. it's a great way to start your week.

edit:
laugh.gif
why are people so worried about what's inside the church rather than the actual purpose of attending? why are you dudes even worried about ATMs and restaurants? go listen and leave. a lot of you guys sound lost on the road, word to gorilla zoe. you need a supreme being in your life, no matter how you wanna look at it.. praise something. go to a synagogue, mosque, church, whatever.. living a meaningless life with no direction is not the way to go.
*looks at avy*

roll.gif
roll.gif
noone is goingto take anything you say seriously, gangster..

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I just never FEEL like going. I have to wake up early 5 days of the week, I don't feel like making that 6 to be honest.

The praise and worship part of it for me is just people watching honestly. I am a calm type dude so I won't be caught "hooplin and hollerin" like some folks are. It is amusing though watching folks run around and hulking up.

Depending on the sermon, I am usually entertained. Things are said that can be tied into everyday life. I look at preachers as motivational speakers. Everyone needs some motivation whether it is from within or from someone else.

If I can just listen to THAT, I am fine. The rest of the production doesn't interest me as much though.
This is word for word, 100000% how I feel about Church. I hate waking up early. I already have to wake up early 6 days out of the week and if Icould only listen to the sermon that would be awesome. I love the sermons but I get tired of everything else other than that. Like you said Im a calm guy aswell, I dont want to draw attention to myself jumping and yelling and +%#$. I just cant do it.

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

NTers in here talking a bunch of jargon as expected. i go to church for God and nothing else.. i don't care about how big the church is, how many jumbo screens (wth?) there are or any of that. i go to church, sit down, listen to the sermon, give my tithe and walk right out. if you can't see it as that, just look at it like a weekly pep talk. it's a great way to start your week.

edit:
laugh.gif
why are people so worried about what's inside the church rather than the actual purpose of attending? why are you dudes even worried about ATMs and restaurants? go listen and leave. a lot of you guys sound lost on the road, word to gorilla zoe. you need a supreme being in your life, no matter how you wanna look at it.. praise something. go to a synagogue, mosque, church, whatever.. living a meaningless life with no direction is not the way to go.
*looks at avy*

roll.gif
roll.gif
noone is going to take anything you say seriously, gangster..
wow, i know YOU'RE not talking. don't throw stones if you live in a glasshouse, my dude.. keep taking pictures of strangers on subway cars. this isn't your forté.

MANN Church is a bunch of B.S Just a way to sucker People..

I agree it does motivate some people and also changes some from bad to good.

However the real meaning of it has changed and it is now corrupt

Tell me why all the Pastors be riding around in Bentley s and Pimped out?? (God Intends for THIS?)
nerd.gif

there is no "god"

i mean if i said i had a bently u'd wanna see it, but u believe a book when it says a man walked on water 1000's of yrs ago....pls

wake up people

"religion" is a multi TRILLION$ biz

there brain washing you!!!

(off my soapbox) that is all

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

Like you said Im a calm guy as well, I dont want to draw attention to myself jumping and yelling and +%#$. I just cant do it.
I have even had folks question me

"Why don't you get excited in church. If this was a basketball game you would be into it." -
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom