Anyone else think Church is stupid

Depends on the priest, but I enjoy church. If he is a priest who is trying to convey a message and relate to his congregation rather than just condemning all us sinners then I will walk away feeling uplifted.

Maybe you just aren't going to the right church?

I will add priest or pastor to that response but I agree regardless.

http://blogs.undftd.com/undftd/2010/01/

Church is fine if it brings people together through positive messages and helps people cope/get through tough times.

Just keep it out of my face, and out of my government.

religion is a form of social control.... the fear of god keeps is in line. and not committing as many "sins" as we want...

really dont care about religion and therefore not church.

but a select few pastors really know a thing or two about life and can come through with some really dope services.

Church is a personal choice. I dont go but because I dont doesnt mean I regard it as stupid as a blanket statement. Thats just dumb & inarticulate by the OP. I respect the fact that it exists and some people feel the need to go and as such I dont regard it as stupid.

Now if you mean its stupid for you then maybe so, but I would have phrased it in a way that would have made me sound less of a braindead jerk...

I started going back to church about a month ago. I like going but i don't agree with everything the priest preaches.
I do leave church in a positive attitude tho
pimp.gif

i don't think church is stupid

I think the people who go to church are just there for the wrong reasons.....they're there to just say "oh i went to church on sunday....we good God?" or they do a bunch of sinful stuff and go to church and it's all ok.

Church is weird to me. I went for the first time in years last sunday. As soon as i went in I was wondering what kind of cult is this!?!?(Christian church?Maybe Baptist?) guys dressed in black robes asking are we ready to "drink blood and eat flesh". My first thoughts were +*!, time to %#+#, NOW. But my gf had my keys
smh.gif
. So i end up going to the service. While there i felt super uncomfortable. Everything I was taught and taught myself was defied at that church. I honestly, honestly feel like church is for losers. I dont mean to offend anyone by saying that, but You ask me to sit there for an hour to listen to you kill my values and then expect me to pay!?!? At church they don't say hard work and determination will get you what you want, HOPE will!?!? So if i hope really hard for my tuition to pay itself it will?!?!? %#!# NO. All the time spent praying could be time spent actually doing what I'm supposed to do so i wouldnt have to desperately beg something i have no proof that exists for help!?!? I don't even believe in heaven or hell, I believe in living your life how you want because you only get one so worry about what happens when you die, when you die. Side note: All the money i seen people donate and there's no A/C!?!? It's like 80 degrees in the church and everyone's hot. But the Pastors Rings, Watches, Chains and Huge Plasma Monitors look cool.

Last Rant I Promise: I also hate how it's impossible to go out and eat on Sunday mornings since everyone wants to go out right after church, smh. iHop was packed and the gf got tired, I hit her with the "baby have HOPE that we'll get served in the next 5 mins!, IDS
smh.gif
(that night)

Originally Posted by xAiRMaXiNx

Church is weird to me. I went for the first time in years last sunday. As soon as i went in I was wondering what kind of cult is this!?!?(Christian church?Maybe Baptist?) guys dressed in black robes asking are we ready to "drink blood and eat flesh". My first thoughts were +*!, time to %#+#, NOW. But my gf had my keys
smh.gif
. So i end up going to the service. While there i felt super uncomfortable. Everything I was taught and taught myself was defied at that church. I honestly, honestly feel like church is for losers. I dont mean to offend anyone by saying that, but You ask me to sit there for an hour to listen to you kill my values and then expect me to pay!?!? At church they don't say hard work and determination will get you what you want, HOPE will!?!? So if i hope really hard for my tuition to pay itself it will?!?!? %#!# NO. All the time spent praying could be time spent actually doing what I'm supposed to do so i wouldnt have to desperately beg something i have no proof that exists for help!?!? I don't even believe in heaven or hell, I believe in living your life how you want because you only get one so worry about what happens when you die, when you die. Side note: All the money i seen people donate and there's no A/C!?!? It's like 80 degrees in the church and everyone's hot. But the Pastors Rings, Watches, Chains and Huge Plasma Monitors look cool.

Last Rant I Promise: I also hate how it's impossible to go out and eat on Sunday mornings since everyone wants to go out right after church, smh. iHop was packed and the gf got tired, I hit her with the "baby have HOPE that we'll get served in the next 5 mins!, IDS
smh.gif
(that night)

laugh.gif
.i agree tho

gangsta207therevolution:
YouMadYouBad:
I don't ever go to church anymore. My mom doesn't ask much of me except that i go to church with her during the holidays. And i sit there and listen to what the preacher is saying, i look at the 2 jumbo screens, and watch how the people react and i just don't get how people are so convinced. All i get from Church is that people go there to feel better about all the crooked,shady,unmoral things they did during the week. And use church as a way to feel better about themselves, leave church and are back to the same grind 10 minutes later. And just encase this topic lifts off the ground this is not an attack on "religion". Can anyone who gets something from church explain how and why?
That is not church as I know it.
Then you're only paying attention to what you see on the surface, because what YMYB just said is spot on.

Anyone who wants to be spiritually uplifted in the Bible today would do best to find a small group of friends and regularly meet/study with them.

After all, that's what the CENTER of the Christian faith did.

Originally Posted by HarlemKickDiva

I dont think it stupid....

But the whole system is corrupt.

Mega churches... since when is it ok for a church to have a plasma and an ATM? 

Got preachers smashing ppl wives and smiling in the husbands faces

A comic sed it best: 2 many ppl freakin on friday, sucking on saturday, and suddenly saved on sunday

I'll stick to my belief of spirtuality in the confines of my home and mind
So they got ATM's at church now? WHAT IN THE HELLL?
laugh.gif
 I could see it now " sorry dont have money to donate today... my boy there's an ATM right in that corner! GO NOW!"

"THEY SAY THAT HEAVENS FOR CHURCHGOERS & HELLS FOR THE HEEDLESS SO IMMA JUS BALL THE F OUT WHILE IM STILL BREATHIN"

but seriously though can't speak for the churchgoers but I think going to the mosque is awesome. Wish it was closer to my house & wish I had more time to go and get my prayers in. Makes me feel wonderful

Originally Posted by StuntHard

this is pointless. we'll see what's really good when we die.

/thread

THIS. I could put in my opinions and what i think about it but it would be irrelevant since NT never and will never come to a solid conclusion about this topic. see you all in judgment day

i wouldnt say its stupid, but i agree with the fact that it seems unnecessary to me...people use religion as a crutch and im an analytical person so the whole "god" thing does not convince me. I think people have lost why they are religious in the first place..most people go to church bc they say they feel they have to...what kind of reason is that?...but all in all im not religious at all it just does not make sense to me to believe in something so blindly

smh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by badmoonRison

smh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

Was it a catholic church.....Catholicism is inherently creepy.

Originally Posted by YouMadYouBad

I don't ever go to church anymore. My mom doesn't ask much of me except that i go to church with her during the holidays. And i sit there and listen towhat the preacher is saying, i look at the 2 jumbo screens, and watch how the people react and i just don't get how people are so convinced. All i get fromChurch is that people go there to feel better about all the crooked,shady,unmoral things they did during the week. And use church as a way to feel better aboutthemselves, leave church and are back to the same grind 10 minutes later. And just encase this topic lifts off the ground this is not an attack on"religion". Can anyone who gets something from church explain how and why?

church is like school, except they try to teach you $%$+%+*@ and make you feel good about dying
Not only is Church stupid, but so is all that god and devil $%$+%+*@...

everyone's so scared of dying they waste their time praying like if its gonna make any difference

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by badmoonRison

smh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

Was it a catholic church.....Catholicism is inherently creepy.

I'm not even sure my dude.  Had to sit her down the other night.  I was like "baby I can't go to church anymore, it just makes me feel uncomfortable".  After like 3 hours of back and forth she said I might as well worship the mirror on my wall.  I told her I do, his name is "Mirroro". " And may Mirroro have mercy on your soul for insulting him."

Originally Posted by frijo sneaker

U must be stupid for making a thread. Come on son'!
Next time you go to church make you sure you ask for forgiveness. You should know not to call people names. . Oh wait you were to busy looking at Sister Pam on the Jumbo screen to pay attention to the pastor. 
Take a seat in the front kid maybe you'll learn a thing or two  
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

gangsta207therevolution:
YouMadYouBad:
I don't ever go to church anymore. My mom doesn't ask much of me except that i go to church with her during the holidays. And i sit there and listen to what the preacher is saying, i look at the 2 jumbo screens, and watch how the people react and i just don't get how people are so convinced. All i get from Church is that people go there to feel better about all the crooked,shady,unmoral things they did during the week. And use church as a way to feel better about themselves, leave church and are back to the same grind 10 minutes later. And just encase this topic lifts off the ground this is not an attack on "religion". Can anyone who gets something from church explain how and why?
That is not church as I know it.
Then you're only paying attention to what you see on the surface, because what YMYB just said is spot on.

Anyone who wants to be spiritually uplifted in the Bible today would do best to find a small group of friends and regularly meet/study with them.

After all, that's what the CENTER of the Christian faith did.

This.

I'm a born again and my friend and I discussed about this. You don't have to go to "church" to be a good Christian. In regards to certain Christian faiths, non-denominational for example, "churches" really encourage small groups/bible studies because most of your walk is strengthened in smaller studies rather than just doing the weekly Sunday thing.

"Church" is nothing more than a giant bible study. Church, technically, is the name given to the people who gathered together to learn the Word. Church isn't the massive building. Church isn't about the famous Pastor and his mega church. Church is 2 to or more gather together in his name.

To be honest, I haven't attended church in person in quite some time. I'll catch the service online at home instead, mainly because I just enjoy the message my Pastor has to say, but I really don't need to be there to practice my faith.

Back
Top Bottom