anyone else think in the 20's relationships are worthless and overrated for the most part

50% of all relationships have an expiration date anyway . Im 22 year old and I "date" i have two girls that i talk too. Alot of people in the 20's "date" or smash and just dash until its time to settle down.  Plus im noticing in my peers even females friends have dudes on rotation with out knowing it
eek.gif
. You just cant have relationships in your early 20's man just gotta reach your life goals first

your 20's are your Freshman year into adulthood. Lots of things may seem 'worthless'. Just look at it as a learning experience and move on.

And what is the ultimate "life goal"? Find a suitable mate. All the success, all of the hard work, it all boils down to one thing: Providing for a suitable mate.

Anyway, with all that talk aside, you don't just meet a woman and marry her the next day. A rock solid relationship (which is never really rock solid) will take years to establish and grow. If you meet someone at 23/24 and spend a few years together youre looking at something like 27 and that's definitely the right time to be looking into settling down.

Truth is alot of these females don't have their *+$% together in their early 20's.

Needless to say I haven't been in a relationship in 4 years. I wont settle

I think on both sides there's so much one can do and achieve first before putting their all into a relationship. I see the late teens/early twenties are the years to improve yourself further in all ways, then later on give that better you to your mate.

it all depends on what you want....you can very well have a successful relationship in your 20's, just like you can have a failed lovelife passed your 30's when you actually want to settledown.....

Depends Really. I agree with were young and don't know what we want. But Some people already have good income, solid career, why not try to settle down and be happy with that person to top it off.

People like to smash and dash, others pursue love, Miss. Right. We're young & foolish still, enjoy.

I don't choose to smash every girl I see, not my lifestyle. I'd rather be in a relationship and share my accomplishments and happiness with that one girl. Indeed females don't know what they want, but I can wait till they make up their minds. but glad I'm doing the Army route, seeing the world, building up $$$ and staying young and single. I'm In no rush.

I kinda agree because once i graduate i dont even plan on living in this same state so untill im done in the next 2 years or so (ill be 25) i dont really see myself taking anything serious

welp, i would settle with the girl im with right now..but i really dont know what to expect when i get out of college and get thrown into the real world

and when i have some money in my pockets, some bad lookin girls are about to want it...

so i think everyone is diff, you can have something solid depending on if you want to be serious or not

I don't plan on settling down till I'm 30.

Too much to get done and it's too much fun being single.
Needless to say I haven't been in a relationship in 4 years. I wont settle
This.

I'd rather be single for the rest of my life than settle down w/ someone that wasn't the one.

Too much importance is put on "relationships" by a lot of you guys. Nobody is going to complete you but you. Find your passions in life and pursue them, everything else falls into place. Women and men have been brainwashed into the "completes me" or "only really happy with love" paradigm %*@!*##!. You can live a happy meaningful incredible life no matter what situation you are in. Life ain't a Disney movie.

I have friends that are 20 and are already married 
roll.gif

I can't imagine being tied down like that this early 
sick.gif
sick.gif

Not even.

Everyone matures at their own rate. And when someone is ready, willing, and mature enough to get into a relationship, I don't see why their age should forecast whether or not it would be successful.

The problem is when you have two people who are mentally and emotionally immature (or on the cusp) getting into relationships. I've seen people in their fifties who still haven't reached that point yet and the relationship subsequently falters in effect. And this is primarily due to the fact that they've been wronged and written off the idea of love.

So, it is best to get out there to not only learn about yourself, but the needs of others. Eventually, you'll be secure and grounded enough in yourself to make a relationship work.

I plan to stay single for as long as I could.

marriage is the last thing on my mind.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Not even.

Everyone matures at their own rate. And when someone is ready, willing, and mature enough to get into a relationship, I don't see why their age should forecast whether or not it would be successful.

The problem is when you have two people who are mentally and emotionally immature (or on the cusp) getting into relationships. I've seen people in their fifties who still haven't reached that point yet and the relationship subsequently falters in effect. And this is primarily due to the fact that they've been wronged and written off the idea of love.

So, it is best to get out there to not only learn about yourself, but the needs of others. Eventually, you'll be secure and grounded enough in yourself to make a relationship work.
This is an awesome post.

Originally Posted by Ouch my feet

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Not even.

This is an awesome post.
pimp.gif

That period of life is not worthless but I feel that too much emphasis is put on it by people saying its the best time of your life. The majority of people who say that have seen their lives peak (same saying with that college is the best times of their life).

My life has only gotten better as time has gone on and I intend to keep it that way. I've started a good career path (at least I hope) that I hope will bring me happiness in what is the most important aspect of my life, which is having a sense of accomplishment.

I'm 21 so I agree to an extent, but I really think it means you just haven't found the right person

Back
Top Bottom