anyone else wonder where the hip-hop scene is goin? vol. spongebob

i was talking to one of my home girls, and shes really into "jerking"
mex3x13 (6:03:59 PM): u heard that jerk song ***** killer?

Cynthiacarreon (6:04:09 PM): yea why

mex3x13 (6:04:21 PM): its funny.

mex3x13 (6:04:21 PM): lol

mex3x13 (6:04:32 PM): those songs are hella ******ed tho

Cynthiacarreon (6:04:55 PM): not even i like the one *** ** **** **

mex3x13 (6:05:09 PM): all it says is one thing over and over

mex3x13 (6:05:12 PM): how is that good rap?

mex3x13 (6:05:15 PM): its only good for dancing.

Cynthiacarreon (6:05:22 PM): but i got a favorite part

Cynthiacarreon (6:05:54 PM): OMG i know how to do the spongebob

mex3x13 (6:06:53 PM): um.. okay

Anyone else feel like this dances are just plain out dumb and degrading? i personaly think its just a rip-off of the whole bay-area culture... if you feeldifferent that school me!

O AND WHAT IS THIS SPONGEBOB CRAP??
nerd.gif

I feel ya. The rap game has been steadily declining since about '06. It's just
ohwell.gif
tired.gif
nowadays.

It's not going anywhere. It will continue to be ******ed and always rest on the shaky defenses of, "we only rap bout what we see," and,"well it's not supposed to make sense, it's a club song," and, "well we aren't these kids's parents."

Modern day
minstrel.jpg

They just got "real" black dudes as the actors

Originally Posted by Jumpshot

ohwell.gif
tired.gif
nowadays.
laugh.gif
'06?

Try 99 or before that even...

It's sad how EVERYONE is a "rapper" these days or as I like to call them, "rappist".

Rapping ain't for everyone. I remember when I heard Canibus for the first time and everyone was all hyped at his mixtape and I was like, "where'sthe stories?" Anyone can brag creatively, but if you can't tell compelling stories, you're trash in my opinion.

I kinda knew that day that hip hop was going downhill...

That and lames shouldn't be allowed to grab a mic.

I'd say that theres just more of a rift between mainstream and underground forming. You dont hear conscious rap on radios anymore, unless you count Kanye.
But thought provoking rap will never leave, just be less promoted.

Originally Posted by ShAdYdaTGuy

ohwell.gif
tired.gif
nowadays.
i say since 04.

i agree, more like 04. hip hop used to consist of so much effort and deep thought, now its jus a bunch of dumb $%% dancing and bad dressing

WAIT I JUST REALIZED... JERKING STARTED IN LA??!?

hahaha im from here and im not even proud of that crap. ahaha

whats the spongebob tho? no one knows?

There's still good hip-hop out there, you just gotta look a little harder for it. Unfortunately, the 'Hip-Hop' we get fed on the daily (through TV,radio, etc) is garbage and is only representative of a very small part of the genre.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Modern day
minstrel.jpg

They just got "real" black dudes as the actors
word to Bamboozled
The South is responsible for 80% of this ****ery

Conscious rap?

That went out with Public Enemy, at least in the mainstream.

Most of these cats claiming to be "conscious" are plain stupid and ain't waking no one up with the nonsense they're talking.

ohwell.gif
tired.gif
nowadays.
'06??? really??
alien.gif
try 7 years earlier than that lol

i actually think music is strong these days... except everything is real underground. most of the people that make it big have to have a gimmick and makedances... yea.. that's wack but you have to take the good with the bad. just stop being distracted by crap and lookout for real artists

ohwell.gif
tired.gif
nowadays.

TRY 2001 Rap besides 1 or 2 songs a season is just bad beyond belief aka Pyles and Soul Ja boy

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Cynthiacarreon (6:12:15 PM): did you hear them

Cynthiacarreon (6:21:54 PM): helloooo

Cynthiacarreon (6:26:32 PM): eww theres a guy sayin hes kidcudi tryin to talk to me

mex3x13 (6:33:17 PM): hahahaha

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

you guys always crack me up

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

i actually think music is strong these days... except everything is real underground. most of the people that make it big have to have a gimmick and make dances... yea.. that's wack but you have to take the good with the bad. just stop being distracted by crap and lookout for real artist
Like who?

Most of the real artist aren't trying very hard anymore or are bored with it and rely on gimmicks to sell albums Nas
nerd.gif

i actually think music is strong these days... except everything is real underground. most of the people that make it big have to have a gimmick and make dances... yea.. that's wack but you have to take the good with the bad. just stop being distracted by crap and lookout for real artists
like....

drake?

Originally Posted by General Johnson

Conscious rap?

That went out with Public Enemy, at least in the mainstream.

Most of these cats claiming to be "conscious" are plain stupid and ain't waking no one up with the nonsense they're talking.

You dont have ANY rappers like Chuck D left around of course, because everyones moved past that. People are more accepting to the idea of equality, and eventhough there have been changes, racism isnt dead. A lot of people think it is, and because of that no ones rapping about that anymore, because no one believesin it anymore.

I equate concious rap to something that has a message deeper than 'dance dance dance... gimme money gimme money... $#!* yall $#!* yall.'
Originally Posted by General Johnson

i actually think music is strong these days... except everything is real underground. most of the people that make it big have to have a gimmick and make dances... yea.. that's wack but you have to take the good with the bad. just stop being distracted by crap and lookout for real artist
Like who?

Most of the real artist aren't trying very hard anymore or are bored with it and rely on gimmicks to sell albums Nas
nerd.gif
This is true.
Which is why people need to look deeper than the radio. A lot of people still putting out good, or even great, music.

Some rap nowadays is good. Immortal Technique, Army of the Pharaohs is decent. Wale is pretty good. Charles Hamilton has some good tracks.

Originally Posted by jeenewed

Some rap nowadays is good. Immortal Technique, Army of the Pharaohs is decent. Wale is pretty good. Charles Hamilton has some good tracks.
agreed. any word on the middle passage?
and has charles came out with a new mixtape?

Back
Top Bottom