Anyone ever buy a Car on Ebay?

Thinking about doing it and having it shipped...Let me know if any of yall have done it before and how it worked out. Any info appreciated.Thanks

im thinking of doing this, only because i am looking for an older car (pre-1982).

i would use ebay or craigslist, but only in my area. im not buying anything blind.

I've bought both my cars on Ebay...seems like the best idea to me. Paid $250 for one....lastedme 3.5 years after I restored it. The second was a '03 ford explorer for $6000 last February. Still have it, not one issue so far ( knock on wood) Ipurchased it off a Ford Dealer however, got a full carfax. Ebay has some great guarantees in place so that if the car is a lemon you can get your funds back.Just check those out first before you bid/buy.....lemme know if you have any other ???'s

Good Lookin on the info yall... I came here for some extra info because I only know 1 guy personally that did this before. He bought a Supercharged Range Roverand had it shipped to his front door. Hes had no problems with the transaction or the car ever since so he said I should look into it...

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

My dad's done it twice... no problems either time, got good deals both times.
Craftsy, did your pops have the cars shipped or did he pick them up?

Originally Posted by TD The God

I've bought both my cars on Ebay...seems like the best idea to me. Paid $250 for one....lasted me 3.5 years after I restored it. The second was a '03 ford explorer for $6000 last February. Still have it, not one issue so far ( knock on wood) I purchased it off a Ford Dealer however, got a full carfax. Ebay has some great guarantees in place so that if the car is a lemon you can get your funds back. Just check those out first before you bid/buy.....lemme know if you have any other ???'s

TD The God, good lookin Im definitely gonna look into the Ebay guarantees.. Did you have your cars shipped or did you pick them up?

You usually get some good deals. A friend of mine bought a car off ebay and drove to chicago to pick it up with his dad. It was a 2002 Passat for under 8k twoyears ago.

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Good Lookin on the info yall... I came here for some extra info because I only know 1 guy personally that did this before. He bought a Supercharged Range Rover and had it shipped to his front door. Hes had no problems with the transaction or the car ever since so he said I should look into it...

I've bought both my cars on Ebay...seems like the best idea to me. Paid $250 for one....lasted me 3.5 years after I restored it. The second was a '03 ford explorer for $6000 last February. Still have it, not one issue so far ( knock on wood) I purchased it off a Ford Dealer however, got a full carfax. Ebay has some great guarantees in place so that if the car is a lemon you can get your funds back. Just check those out first before you bid/buy.....lemme know if you have any other ???'s

TD The God, good lookin Im definitely gonna look into the Ebay guarantees.. Did you have your cars shipped or did you pick them up?
I only looked at local cars, I did find some good salvage title vehicles that were faraway, but shipping was a $$+$# and just didn't seem worthwhile...if you do look at cars far away, try your best to get on a flight to have em looked at, orpay a NTer some change to go see the car...

386151e4891b17d74dab2d17c5d22226add9e58.jpg

i've been looking as well, i think i would have to buy from a dealer if it wasnt local...i would always get the carfax as well.

yea ive been wanting to do this as well as soon as i save up enough $$$ i think i might buy one off ebay cuz for some reason florida people always have thecar im lookin for:.

Good Lookin on the info yall... I came here for some extra info because I only know 1 guy personally that did this before. He bought a Supercharged Range Rover and had it shipped to his front door. Hes had no problems with the transaction or the car ever since so he said I should look into it...

I only looked at local cars, I did find some good salvage title vehicles that were far away, but shipping was a $$+$# and just didn't seem worthwhile...if you do look at cars far away, try your best to get on a flight to have em looked at, or pay a NTer some change to go see the car...
Yo, that seems like a really good idea
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by KeVeNMaYnE

I only looked at local cars, I did find some good salvage title vehicles that were far away, but shipping was a $$+$# and just didn't seem worthwhile...if you do look at cars far away, try your best to get on a flight to have em looked at, or pay a NTer some change to go see the car...
Yo, that seems like a really good idea
nerd.gif

looks like the regional forums will have a new use

don't you usually have to look at the cars before you purchase it though?
that's why i wouldn't buy from ebay unless it was close enough for me to go to and look at it and test drive

Back
Top Bottom