Anyone ever buy the Sprint Sero Plan off eBay?

I thought the Sero plan was gone, but this guy says he can still do it. The guy has feedback of doing it successfully, but just want to be safe before paying him to do it.

ive thought about it... but never pulled the trigger.

shouldve done it when they were fifty bucks a pop...

smh...

now, the prices ar ridiculous but help in the long run.

i've been on forums where guys copped off ebay.

the thing they dont tell you is that you have to have a sprint account... and if your credit aint up to par, they'll shaft you.

if you got a homey or something that work for sprint, pay him a lil to make you a free account w/ no lines so you can have the plan transferred to your account.

get you a dope phone too cuz once you get it, you stuck.

i know people that have bought broken phones w/ good esns off ebay, then used to insurance to buy another one once the sero plan is switched over.

costs a lot of money upu front, but if you can hold on to it, you'll be good 3 plus years from now.

I asked the guy that if I am currently on Verizon, would there be any problems and he said it wouldn't be. I checked to see if I could port my number and it said I was eligible through http://www.sprint.com/bringyournumber/. I asked him how it would works and this is what he told me.

"How this works is I'll send you out instructions on how to sign up for the EPRP plan and buy the phone you want. They'll deliver the phone in about 2 business days. Once you receive the phone, you'll create a sprint.com account and provide me the account details and I'll change the plan to Sero in the system. You'll buy the phone when you sign up for the EPRP plan."

Does this sound about right?

Originally Posted by asianplayer

I asked the guy that if I am currently on Verizon, would there be any problems and he said it wouldn't be. I checked to see if I could port my number and it said I was eligible through http://www.sprint.com/bringyournumber/. I asked him how it would works and this is what he told me.

"How this works is I'll send you out instructions on how to sign up for the EPRP plan and buy the phone you want. They'll deliver the phone in about 2 business days. Once you receive the phone, you'll create a sprint.com account and provide me the account details and I'll change the plan to Sero in the system. You'll buy the phone when you sign up for the EPRP plan."

naw fambs... that doesnt sound too real..

sounds like he's just going to update the plan to look similar to SERO... but you could be subject to all kinda fees and what not...

they stopped giving out SERO plans a couple years ago...

so the only LEGITIMATE way i can think of is someone transferring it over to your line.

i wouldnt take it fambs.

i'd just wait on someone who ALREADY has the plan and switch it over to yuo.

there are only 3 real sero plans...

30, 40 and 50 bucks for 500, 1000 and i think 1500 min plus data and text.

add $10 for 4g phones.

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by ricky409

sounds like he's just going to update the plan to look similar to SERO... but you could be subject to all kinda fees and what not...

so the only LEGITIMATE way i can think of is someone transferring it over to your line.

i wouldnt take it fambs.

add $10 for 4g phones.
Yeah, I saw two people who said they would transfer it. I am guessing I would have to do a TOL (Transfer of Liability) also. Of course, they are on eBay, so I guess I still have to take a risk. Two of my friends have it and they told me for the 4G phone, I am pretty much looking at $50/month. I do wonder how the transfer thing works though. Somebody told me I would have to do a three way call with the guy I pay and the Sprint employee. The only thing I am wondering is would the Sprint employee gives us a hard time about it or is transferring plans a normal thing?

You're gonna get the $40 plan by the sounds of that. $50 if you want a 4g phone.

If anyone needs a evo or samsung epic that will work with the old sero $30 plan or wants to use it on the new $40 plan ( without upgrading to $50 plan), hit me up...i got the goods.

Originally Posted by ricky409

i wouldnt take it fambs.

add $10 for 4g phones.

If you're going to get a new 4G phone, if you're coming from the SERO500 that was priced at $30, it goes up $10 for the new changes, and another $10 for 4G. 
I came from a $30/month Touch Pro 2 and that changed to $57 (with EPRP insurance) to the EVO 3D

Never did it but slickdeals swears by it, they'd come up with all diff scenarios to keep or get the plan

Originally Posted by Type X

Never did it but slickdeals swears by it, they'd come up with all diff scenarios to keep or get the plan

people on SD are STILL getting new SERO lines added to their accounts, after about 15 tries I quit.

Originally Posted by dunksnjordans1992

DONT COP! my boy at sprint says thats an employee exclusive.
I thought that was the whole point of trying to get it cause its suppose to be an employee exclusive deal and thats why the price is pretty attractive.

Originally Posted by dunksnjordans1992

DONT COP! my boy at sprint says thats an employee exclusive.
I thought that was the whole point of trying to get it cause its suppose to be an employee exclusive deal and thats why the price is pretty attractive.
It was supposedly an Employee Referral  (Sprint Employee Referral Offer) , which required a sprint employees company e-mail addy, but after one spent 2 minutes googling for one you'd see anyone@boostmobile.net as one that was usable. This is how so many got in, myself included, which is what made Sprint change SERO altogether.

Back
Top Bottom