Anyone ever catch tainted entries on Wikipedia?

I'm sitting here doing a research paper and I come across the Tokyo page on Wikipedia. Scroll down to history and some buffoon edited the entry.

History

Main article: History of Tokyo

This article contains Japanese text. Without proper rendering support, you may see question marks, boxes, or other symbols instead of kanji and kana.
Tokyo is gay and people stink from shawney s baby. In 1457, Ōta D

A couple athletes
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

In this case its a drawback, but is also a plus in a lot of cases because you have the input and perspectives of many different educated people. It also helpsthis "encyclopedia" to be as up to date as possible. Wiki is good for common knowledge things, not so reliable for researching for schoolwork.

laugh.gif
Me and one of my boys were talking about changing some stuff on wikitoday and sending it to people so they would think its real

Originally Posted by maxi320

In this case its a drawback, but is also a plus in a lot of cases because you have the input and perspectives of many different educated people. It also helps this "encyclopedia" to be as up to date as possible. Wiki is good for common knowledge things, not so reliable for researching for schoolwork.
That is true, but it should be skimmed through by a mod first or something.

A few times, namely someone altering the wiki for a city i lived in trying to make it sound super hood.

i remember searching something and it was just a whole page about some kid brian who apparently sucks a lot of %*%%

I've seen one about Tony Yayo smacking a little boy, and another one that said, "I'TS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TeflanDon

I've seen one about Tony Yayo smacking a little boy, and another one that said, "I'TS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
we know which message board that came from...

I actually alter the entries when I'm at school.

When the plane crashed in the Hudson, I put "NEW JERSEY UNVEILS A NEW LANDING STRIP" in the subtitle.

That's the most recent one I can remember, anyways. I probably messed with the Chris Brown one too.

there was something up there about NT a few months ago when I searched in boredom. It said something about Dirty and Ben Baller or something lol

laugh.gif

yea a couple times, reseraching some random ishh , like citys in north america, athletes, famous people....

The Rick Ross Deeper than Rap album page's tracklisting for the intro was changed to "Deeper than Snacks."

Originally Posted by jdizzle75

Teachers will probably get mad if you try and cite wikipedia
maybe, but college professors usually don't have time to nitpick when they're grading 40 final papers.
laugh.gif

and lol at deeper than snacks.

Back
Top Bottom