Anyone ever customized any Reeboks? vol. YOUReebok

darthska

Staff member
I just got some Reebok Question 3s in, and I have to say, I'm very impressed.

I've ordered 4 things from Nike iD, and I like these Questions better than any of the Nikes.

The 4 Nikes I've done on iD are the Zoom Flight 5 (when Kidd was still with Nike), the AM95, the Zoom Kobe II, and the Zoom Kobe IV.

The quality of these trumps all but the ZKIV, the comfort is decent, and the packaging is genius. They ship them in a box that you un-fold, flip inside out,then fold back together to form your shoebox. VERY cool.

I'll post pics up tomorrow.

i had a pair of A's shoes and I too was impressed with the outcome. I'm interested in getting a pair of customized pump fury's....

My Vents came out perfectly.

The variety of colors and materials trumps anything that Nike has offered/currently offers, but Reebok needs to introduce some more models (*cough* NylonClassic *cough*).

YourReebok > NikeID >

>

>

>

>

>

mi adidas
sick.gif

Those look great. I've always wanted to do a pair since i saw Baron Davis's pair posted on the website.

Hmmm, I thought about doing those when they first hit... May have to do a pair... Thanks for the pics...

No box pics?!?

After reading that box description I got all hyped up. Sounds pretty cool.

Shoes look good too, but I can't stand A.I. anymore.

^ My bad, bro. Give me a little bit (Laker game on right now).

I didn't think anyone would necessarily care about the box. I definitely like it.
happy.gif

I'll take a pic later on.

Out of all the crazy color combos you can do...
Those?

Come on man...

Shoulda done somethin crazy...

Just because you have a ton of color combos doesn't mean you have to use them all.
laugh.gif

I can't stand when people go nuts customizing stuff, like they're not getting their money's worth if they leave fuscia or burnt orange or team blueor charcoal off their shoe.

And I'll take pics of the box tomorrow, Deezy. Camera battery's dead.
laugh.gif

Didn't mean that outrageous.

Just meant, if you're going to get something customized, why not get something a little more unique.

LOL still nice though.

Appreciate it Ska, but if you don't get around to it, don't even sweat it. I was just joking because the description did make the box sound cool.

How would you say the colors came out compared to what you saw on your screen?

I've ID'd Kobe II's and Flight V's as well. I only did those because of some gift cards and nice discounts. The Kobe II's came out well,but I traded them away. I didn't like how the Flight V's came out, mainly because I should have gone with Red over Crimson, and the crimson came outlooking maroon, almost brown.

Hey, here you go, bro. I took pictures of the box in order of how you dismantle it from being the shipping box to folding it back together as your shoebox:

DeezyVSOP:
How would you say the colors came out compared to what you saw on your screen?

I've ID'd Kobe II's and Flight V's as well. I only did those because of some gift cards and nice discounts. The Kobe II's came out well, but I traded them away. I didn't like how the Flight V's came out, mainly because I should have gone with Red over Crimson, and the crimson came out looking maroon, almost brown.
Not going to lie, the ccolors came out... EXACTLY... how I thought.

Like Prurient already said

youReebok > Nike iD

No question. The colors are more true to what you actually ordered on your screen, the variety of materials and colors they give you, and the fact that theyuse a re-usable box places them far above any of the 5 iDs I've done with Nike.

If Reebok had more of a selection, I'd be thinking about another pair. Unfortunately for Reebok (and fortunately for my checkbook
laugh.gif
), the Question IIIs are the only thing on youReebok that I like.

All I can say is DAMN!

Thanks so much for taking the time, I'll probably order something in the future just for that box, no joke. Every company should be doing something likethat, it benefits everybody involved really. Cuts costs, saves materials, and it looks functional and efficient.

And thanks for describing your experience with youReebok. I barely remembered they had customizable stuff until this thread came up, and I definitely had noidea of the quality being so good.

The only thing that suck about the Q3 custom is the option of a black tongue is gone.

dmxfury- my checkbook hates your previous reply in this thread.

Dude, I've got like a million colorways of the Fury's saved now, but I've promised myself I'm only getting one.

laugh.gif

Probably going to go with black/sky blue/white.

Doing something like the original black/red/yellow colorway with my own I.D. on it is tempting, too, though.
embarassed.gif

I know its late, but I'm glad your Question III came out great.  I guess the quality got better over the years.  I ordered a Reebok Question 3 and an Air Force 25 Low Nike ID back in May 2008.

The quality of the Reebok I have wasn't as good as the Nike ID.  Reebok has nice colorways but I can tell it was put together quickly.  I can see where they messed up on the paint in the back heel and  can even see glue stains and glue sticking out.  It's fine when you wear it and looks nice but the quality wasn't where I expected it to be considering I paid more for it than the Air Force 25 Low.  The box was different too.  I had a seperate box from the shipping box inside. 

Meanwhile, the Air Force 25 quality was great.  Put together nicely and you can tell they took their time and cared about the quality compared to the Reebok Question III.

I still like both of my shoes even though the quality of the Reebok III's wasn't as good as the Air Force 25 Low.

Back
Top Bottom