Anyone ever design their own custom letterman's/varsity jacket? Got advice?

I want to design my own custom letterman's/varsity jacket but am not sure where to begin. Do you guys recommend any sites online where you can build yourown jacket? I have a logo I want to incorporate into it as well. Let me know your experiences if you've ever designed one. And posts any pics of anyletterman's/varsity jackets you think are fly so I can have some inspiration. Thanks!

I would like to know as well... I know theres ALOT of sites that sell blank varsitys, but I want to get feedback from somebody who has actually ordered andseen the product in person.. Lookin for a Wool Body w/ Leather Sleeves and Leather around the Pockets..

Just cop a blank one then go to a local embroidery spot. They can put anything on them because more than likely they have all the fonts you can think of andthey are prolly used to doing them since they most likely have a contract for the local HS or other sports teams jackets. My father used to work atembroidery/screen printing shop around here. Used to have custom everything just for the hell of it.

Id say buy a plain varsity jacket. Then get letters and have them sewed on.

This is the most effective way to go...

But at the same time, you would want to use Chenille lettering to give it an authentic feel, and Chenille material isnt cheap...

If you use embroidery for all of your letters, I think it'll turn out kinda tacky...

The best site I've probably designed a custom varsity was TM Athletics... they have a lot of options... And I believe Drakehad a jacket designed by them in Baby's new vid...

I've yet to get one, but I'm still looking for design ideas...

Originally Posted by BLADE BR0WN

If you use embroidery for all of your letters, I think it'll turn out kinda tacky...

You dont have to get just embroidery at the shops. They can get you all kinds of patches and everything else at the shops. Dont go to some place Drake got hisdone at because they will rape you price wise. Your local embroidery shop will prolly charge you half the price and come out just as nice or nicer becauseafter all they are the ones that are doing all the official letterman jackets for schools and sports teams. Not none of this "Hey Drake/Wayne are wearinglettermans lets start throwin these things together and make some money" places online.

But do you, if you wanna go to the place Drake got his done and pay an extra 100 or so then be my guest. But thats not how I would do it.

Edit: Just went to the TMAthletics site. And all they are is a embroidery shop with a web catalog. Local spots would be better because you could go in feel thematerials and look though their catalogs of the patches and everything else they can put on your jacket. But if you dont have one around then I guess thatwould be a decent alternative.

Originally Posted by Stixx

www.thejacketshop.com
pimp.gif

Got 2 jackets off there.They had a NICE sale goin on

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Originally Posted by BLADE BR0WN

You dont have to get just embroidery at the shops. They can get you all kinds of patches and everything else at the shops. Dont go to some place Drake got his done at because they will rape you price wise. Your local embroidery shop will prolly charge you half the price and come out just as nice or nicer because after all they are the ones that are doing all the official letterman jackets for schools and sports teams. Not none of this "Hey Drake/Wayne are wearing lettermans lets start throwin these things together and make some money" places online.

But do you, if you wanna go to the place Drake got his done and pay an extra 100 or so then be my guest. But thats not how I would do it.

Edit: Just went to the TMAthletics site. And all they are is a embroidery shop with a web catalog. Local spots would be better because you could go in feel the materials and look though their catalogs of the patches and everything else they can put on your jacket. But if you dont have one around then I guess that would be a decent alternative.

Yea, but most local shops dont carry the material that you can find with an online shop, and they willcharge a grip for custom work, from the size of each letter to the material... esp custom patches...

But if you would like to do something basic, or use the patches already created, then I would recommend a local shop for the stitch work...

And I posted the Drake comment as a visual reference so the OP can see what the jacket would look like because I didn't have pics of my own customjacket... I have designs saved at home from that website before I even saw Drake or any celeb wearing a TM piece...

Got 2 jackets off there.They had a NICE sale goin on

Pics of your jackets???

O ok I got you. Its all love, I took it like the OP just wanted to choose his color and maybe just throw a basic letter on it. I guess if hes going for a wholeintricately designed patch then yea that place would prolly be best.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

O ok I got you. Its all love, I took it like the OP just wanted to choose his color and maybe just throw a basic letter on it. I guess if hes going for a whole intricately designed patch then yea that place would prolly be best.

Nah, I don't want to do any letters, I want it to be all custom. I have my own logo that I want to rock with.

I don't normally like Bape but I saw their new Spring Varsity Jackets and I really like them

http://www.freshnessmag.com/2010/01/05/bape-spring-2010-varsity-jacket/

I have an idea for a jacket but i need someone who can make it using one of the templates they present to you to help them understand what I want.

a basic HS letterman with embriodery will run u abour 250. if your thinking of doing more it might be 300 or more depending on the spot.

Back
Top Bottom