Anyone ever do the EURO TRIP thing? vol. Paris to Amsterdam to Italy to Spain to

Anyone?

go to one city in Europe, and train/fly to other cities, back packing, etc

can you share your experiences and tips/suggestions + where you went?

WorldEuropeCountriesMap.gif

nerd.gif

my buddy's a flight attendant and trying to get a couple of us to do it later this summer cuz the flights will be ridiculously cheap...gotta save for otherstuff though i think cuz that trip would get soooooo expensive.

Always wondered if anyone did this cause me and some of my friends had this idea to go on a Euro trip after we graduate in the summer

I do this almost every summer now.

My best advice is pick a few places to go and spend a decent amount of time there. How long do you plan on being there?

There is no point in spending a bunch of time traveling and not actually enjoying your time.

The great thing about Europe is everything is so close. It is fairly inexpensive to hop on a plane and fly from city to city.

Usually I will fly into London and hop on a train and go directly to Paris. (London is pretty expensive place and do not like spending a lot of time there.However, if you've never been there. I suggest spending some time there).

I'll then fly from Paris to Barcelona and then either ferry or fly to Ibiza. From Ibiza, I'll fly to Amsterdam and then from there fly to London. Spenda few days in London and then fly back to the states.

It's only gonna be a 10 day trip, we plan to just do 3 cities

Fly to Paris, train to Amsterdam, fly to Italy. then fly back to Paris
we plan on spending 2 nights in Amsterdam, 2 days in Italy

I really wanted to try to go to London but we will not have time anyways. Gonna have to save that for another trip, plus you said it gets real expensive there? Did you usually travel with one other person? or alone

thanks

I plan on going to Vienna for study abroad in spring 10. Planning to travel around europe. Any tips/recommendations?

I traveled with one other person the last time. This summer I am going with two others.

The train to Amsterdam will be super easy and fast. I've down that before from Paris.

Where about in Italy are you headed to? I have yet to spend any significant time there. Spain might be a better option as suggested above.

It sounds like you have a pretty decent plan set up.

Barcelona or Madrid?

Hopefully planning to head there in a couple of months maybe..

Originally Posted by I3

Barcelona or Madrid?

Barcelona, no question. Especially if you're flying out there soon. Barcelona is more modern, more cosmopolitan, on the water, better weather this time ofyear, much livelier (nightlife is great), I could go on and on.

Originally Posted by nbirn2103

I traveled with one other person the last time. This summer I am going with two others.

The train to Amsterdam will be super easy and fast. I've down that before from Paris.

Where about in Italy are you headed to? I have yet to spend any significant time there. Spain might be a better option as suggested above.

It sounds like you have a pretty decent plan set up.

We plan to go to Venice, Italy and stay there for 2 days before we go back to Paris and head back to the states.
so far I have that we train to Amsterdam from paris, fly to Venice, fly from Venice to Paris. then back to the states

Idk, it still is pretty surreal that I'm going but I can't wait till the date approaches. it's my first time in Europe. going with one other person

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Originally Posted by I3

Barcelona or Madrid?

Barcelona, no question. Especially if you're flying out there soon. Barcelona is more modern, more cosmopolitan, on the water, better weather this time of year, much livelier (nightlife is great), I could go on and on.

I co-sign this. I got bored in Madrid in a matter of a few days. Barcelona was a much better stay.

Besides the herb in Amsterdam, what else do you plan on seeing? Would it be a good place to go with your parents/family?

I guess visit the Heineken museum & of course Red light district and what not,

I know others on here have gone though so hopefully they can share some experiences

Originally Posted by nbirn2103

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Originally Posted by I3

Barcelona or Madrid?

Barcelona, no question. Especially if you're flying out there soon. Barcelona is more modern, more cosmopolitan, on the water, better weather this time of year, much livelier (nightlife is great), I could go on and on.

I co-sign this. I got bored in Madrid in a matter of a few days. Barcelona was a much better stay.
Thanks. Hopefully it all goes to plan, if it does i'll most likely be going over with my madre lol.. so yeah can't get up to anymischief, but doesn't mean I can't enjoy the other things Europe has to offer.

This continent isn't big enough for 2 TCs!

but seriously, I wanna goto Europe and check out LoopTroop perform.
they still love and support hip hop over there.

I was coming to make this thread a few days back

I'm going with three friends this summer. First we're flying to Bremen and then using the trains. our "plan" isBremen->Amsterdam->Paris->Barcelona->Southern France->Rome->Venice and then back to Bremen. We have 22 days to do this and it might be alittle ambitious but we'll see. We're going to sleep in hostels.

I appreciate any kind of tips.

Back
Top Bottom