Anyone ever get a CT scan?

CT scans are wack. I've had 3 and really regret it.

They can have 100 to 1,000 more times the radiation of an x-ray.

So mad I got not one but three. I'm positive I'm gonna get cancer eventually.

You like me bruh.

You got 3 scans to make sure youre completely fine and free of tumors, yet now youre positive that youre gonna eventually get cancer cause you took the measures to see if you had any at all in the first place. :lol:

Hypo is a real thing man, I have a mild case of it.

Last edited:
Been having a cough that's getting worse by the day for the past month or so. Nothing is working, dayquil/nyquil, antihistamines (don't even have allergies that I know of), nothing. Get some chest pains every now and then and weird heart palpitations, feels like my heart is beating OD hard but my heart rate be normal.

Thinking of going to a doc and outright asking for a CT scan but high-key shook about the radiation which can cause cancer.

IDK if hypochondriac or I should really be concerned.

Last edited:
Wait what? How do you jump from over the counter to ct scan? I think there's a couple steps in there.

Wait what? How do you jump from over the counter to ct scan? I think there's a couple steps in there.

B/C lets be honest. Docs miss things.

I'm more than likely being a hypochondriac but when it comes to certain kinds of cancers, especially lung cancer, CT scans are the only way to really catch them. By the time folks who get diagnosed with lung cancer it's too late, its inoperable, it has metastasized, it's just treatable.

I just know that I'm not otherwise sick and I've never felt this way before. No fever, no nausea (except following a coughing fit), nothing. My throat doesn't even hurt but I'm coughing my lungs out.

Every doctor preaches early detection but when it comes to actually putting that in practice on a large scale the medical community has made that nearly inaccessible.

Last edited:
I've had CT scans done like a half dozen+ times for kidney stones and knee issues. With the knee issues I've done some with saline injections. **** is wild because my knee was like triple it's normal size, but no discomfort or anything.

It's really no big deal at all. You just hang out in the tube for a little bit and you're set. Never had any adverse reactions at all.

I've had CT scans done like a half dozen+ times for kidney stones and knee issues. With the knee issues I've done some with saline injections. **** is wild because my knee was like triple it's normal size, but no discomfort or anything.

It's really no big deal at all. You just hang out in the tube for a little bit and you're set. Never had any adverse reactions at all.

Not worried about long-term risks from radiation exposure?

I've read some docs suggest that screening isn't even worth the risk, seems irresponsible to suggest but they say that one in 50 future cases of cancer will be caused by CT scans.

http://content.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1698163,00.html

...On a semi-related note, I was fairly ignorant about how CT scans worked until recently and when I remembered my daughter got a CT scan back when she fell on her head on my girlfriend's watch I nearly had a panic attack ...

That **** scary b...

Though I do vaguely remember being put in some sort of machine as a kid, I had a lead vest on. Was that a CT scan?

Last edited:
I've had many, you'll be fine. Might feel a hot flash from the dye but that's about it.

I had one when i got shot. To be honest i cant remember what the reason was for being put in one but i remember being put in that machine and the technician telling me id feel the dye in my lungs. Felt like i was in there for a long *** time

I've read some docs suggest that screening isn't even worth the risk, seems irresponsible to suggest but they say that one in 50 future cases of cancer will be caused by CT scans.

...On a semi-related note, I was fairly ignorant about how CT scans worked until recently and when I remembered my daughter got a CT scan back when she fell on her head on my girlfriend's watch I nearly had a panic attack ...

That **** scary b...

Though I do vaguely remember being put in some sort of machine as a kid, I had a lead vest on. Was that a CT scan?
Lead vest would have been x-rays. I've had a ton of those done too 
laugh.gif

Not really worried about long term issues. There's too much stuff out there exposing us to radiation, I'd prefer to not live my life being paranoid about it.

I had one when i got shot. To be honest i cant remember what the reason was for being put in one but i remember being put in that machine and the technician telling me id feel the dye in my lungs. Felt like i was in there for a long *** time

Damn bro, you got shot? Story time?

Damn bro, you got shot? Story time?

Ya unfortunately. Was driving with a couple homies one morning, was at a light bout to turn left. Car pulls up and starts shooting. I made the turn not realizing i got hit. Swerved a buncha cars then felt the burning. We see a cruiser the opposite direction my boys flag him down. Turns out i took 3 and one of my passengers got grazed.

this.
also how did dye in lungs feel?

It was like a burning sensation. It was mad uncomfortable for me. It took my mind off the other pain for a while though. The whole situation was just a shock i mean one minute im driving with friends laughing and joking the next im in some machine with holes in my body and dye in my lungs.

B/C lets be honest. Docs miss things.

I'm more than likely being a hypochondriac but when it comes to certain kinds of cancers, especially lung cancer, CT scans are the only way to really catch them. By the time folks who get diagnosed with lung cancer it's too late, its inoperable, it has metastasized, it's just treatable.

I just know that I'm not otherwise sick and I've never felt this way before. No fever, no nausea (except following a coughing fit), nothing. My throat doesn't even hurt but I'm coughing my lungs out.

Every doctor preaches early detection but when it comes to actually putting that in practice on a large scale the medical community has made that nearly inaccessible.

True, but I don't think you can just go straight CT without a referral, may be wrong though.

That **** scary b...

You have to have a referral from a doctor. You can't walk in from the streets and expect to pay cash for a scan unless the facility is sketchy and about that life

Probably had upwards of 20 CT scans, many of them with dye. I stopped counting a while ago 
laugh.gif

You get a weird sort of metallic taste in your mouth and a sort of radiating heat sensation throughout your body. The first few times I always had to throw up right after but I suppose I'm used to it now.

I did have an uncomfortable experience the previous time. Some of the dye leaked out of my veins and formed a giant lump on my elbow. Luckily it was entirely harmless and went away on its own after a few days.

You have to have a referral from a doctor. You can't walk in from the streets and expect to pay cash for a scan unless the facility is sketchy and about that life

No I know, my plan was to just outright ask a doctor for a referral.

Was feeling better for a couple days but today my cough is back and its worse. I can taste blood but I see none when I spit. Cough was originally dry but is now slightly productive.

IDK, might wait another week and see how I feel.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom