Anyone ever get a red light ticket? (Cali)

Joined Nov 25, 2005
Just got this in the mail, I saw the video and I rolled a right turn.  Ticket is for $510, anyone ever try fighting it or trying to get it lowered?  It's not like I ran the red light though, I just rolled a right turn, could I argue that to the judge?
INB4 NY>CALI.

Joined Mar 13, 2004
Don't even waste your time or money going to the judge....they hear hundreds of excuses daily from people trying to plead their innocence. You obviously didn't come to a complete stop before making the right, so you really don't have a leg to stand on if you were to go to the court. Pay the fine and remember to stop next time.

Joined Jul 31, 2008
yup, HELLA money. I hope you started saving money like two yesterdays ago cuz you're not going to win.

Joined May 25, 2001
They sent you a video of you running the light? That's a waste of money, no wonder the state is broke. Anyways, send them a video of you writing a check but no check with it.

And I agree, running a red light should be a lighter fine.

Joined Mar 26, 2009
How long did it take for them to send you the ticket?

I thought they sent pictures... they sending videos now?

Joined May 7, 2007
$510? maryland > cali cuz we arent starving for money our tickets are like $40.

Joined May 4, 2006
yeah mine was $480 last year.....one of them camera lights. i didn't remember it at all. went online and saw the video.....
i was really late.

Joined Jun 16, 2004
i just got one for running a red 2-3 weeks ago... idk why but it felt like the yellow went to red so quickly. but im screwed anyways. shouldnt have tried to beat the yellow. about $500 down the drain.

Joined Dec 29, 2009
dont bother fighting it. 99.99 percent of the time their right. they have a video too, they'll play it at ur court date. dont waste your time.

Joined Apr 1, 2007
Originally Posted by ChiHigh91

Just got this in the mail, I saw the video and I rolled a right turn.  Ticket is for $510, anyone ever try fighting it or trying to get it lowered?  It's not like I ran the red light though, I just rolled a right turn, could I argue that to the judge?
INB4 NY>CALI.
No point in fighting it...they got the evidence.  Just take the L and dont do it again.

Joined Jul 6, 2008
they have to personally serve you a ticket...that violates your constitutional rights, and your voiding your right to the legal process by just sending in your money heres info how to fight these in cali...everyone saying to just pay they have proof obviously doesnt know the legal process

http://www.ticketassassin.com/autoenf_toc.html

Joined May 24, 2005
Originally Posted by AG 47

yup, HELLA money. I hope you started saving money like two yesterdays ago cuz you're not going to win.
They got me for 300+ last year in Oct. It was my fault but someone found a loophole in the system so i'm getting reimbursed (still waiting). They said that there was never a public meeting over the cameras which is required hence the refunds. OP maybe you can look into if you have the time.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now