Anyone ever gone to one of these MLB tryout camps?

I mean, what's the worse they can do, say no? Try it dude.

I wanted to do this about 5 years ago, too late now.  
laugh.gif

What position?  You have know before you sign up, because they split everyone up.  There are a few scouts who go, mostly the assistants. 

Not one near NY/NJ
30t6p3b.gif
.  I may take the one in PA. Ya never know. O cpuld be the MLB version of Vince Papale.

I have sent a bunch of my players to camps in the past. Like another poster said, they break you down by position and put you through a bunch of drills specific to your position. Depending on the length of the specific camp/tryout, they also can break you down into teams and have scrimmages. I have watched a few that scrimmaged, and a few that havent.

OP can I ask you how old you are and your baseball experience? Just curious. You can answer in a PM if you would like.

Originally Posted by dland24

I have sent a bunch of my players to camps in the past. Like another poster said, they break you down by position and put you through a bunch of drills specific to your position. Depending on the length of the specific camp/tryout, they also can break you down into teams and have scrimmages. I have watched a few that scrimmaged, and a few that havent.

OP can I ask you how old you are and your baseball experience? Just curious. You can answer in a PM if you would like.

interesting, i didnt know they scrimage at those, i thought it'd be just drills on defense/offense/endurance.
im 20, 6'1 185 pounds. probably trying out for 1b or 2b but i know i wont make it, i just wanna go for fun and fulfill a childhood dream sorta. also it'll be cool to say that I went to an MLB tryout
pimp.gif

im in canada so the levels of baseball might be different than the US but i played AAA ball up until i was about 13 years old and then decided that select would be good enough because 

I didnt wanna spend that much time. after that I played in a mens league which was pretty bushleague, i was pretty dominant and i was one of the youngest guys in the league. however this summer I was invited to play Junior summer league ball which is aimed towards college kids who play NCAA or in canadian schools, or people like me who just want to play competitive

but dont play for school.  

Back
Top Bottom