Anyone ever had their feet grow after they themselves stopped growing?

Originally Posted by never wear them

I'm a Sz 11.5 on my right and a 10- 10.5 on my right..... Haha
So do you usually buy two pairs? One in a 10-10.5 and one in a 11.5? 
My left foot is a 9 my right is a 9.5. 
laugh.gif
tired.gif

I'm going to keep my 9s but my 8-8.5 (which makes up about 70% of my collection) will have to get sold. I'm determined to get every single last pair back no matter how long it takes, no matter what the cost. I'm losing my mind 
alien.gif

Thanks all for real for the replies, this is really a difficult thing for me to talk about. I love NT. 

I'm the opposite. I kept growing but my feet did not. I had big feet as a kid. My feet stopped growing in the 7th grade, but I got a bit taller.
My feet size aren't normal (I think) for my height. I'm 6'1 and my regular size is a 10.5. In some shoes I can wear an 11.

I'm the opposite. I kept growing but my feet did not. I had big feet as a kid. My feet stopped growing in the 7th grade, but I got a bit taller.
My feet size aren't normal (I think) for my height. I'm 6'1 and my regular size is a 10.5. In some shoes I can wear an 11.

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

laugh.gif
tired.gif

I'm going to keep my 9s but my 8-8.5 (which makes up about 70% of my collection) will have to get sold. I'm determined to get every single last pair back no matter how long it takes, no matter what the cost. I'm losing my mind 
alien.gif

Thanks all for real for the replies, this is really a difficult thing for me to talk about. I love NT. 

Well, I usually buy 2 pairs, but I go with the 10.5 always then an 11. My right foot (11-11.5) can deal with a 10.5 shoe. I'll end up stretching it out. I dont feel un-comfortable at all tho.

wear dress socks if you have to or take out the insole or replace it with a thinner one. Good luck

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

laugh.gif
tired.gif

alien.gif

Well, I usually buy 2 pairs, but I go with the 10.5 always then an 11. My right foot (11-11.5) can deal with a 10.5 shoe. I'll end up stretching it out. I dont feel un-comfortable at all tho.

wear dress socks if you have to or take out the insole or replace it with a thinner one. Good luck

Just got back from the podiastrist.

He said that my arch might just need more support and that it may indeed be collapsing. He told me to hold off on selling off my 8.5s (but I'm probably going to anyways, I like my shoes roomy don't care about creasing). Told me to get my foot professionally measured at the Walking Store so I will be doing that tomorrow and also prescribed me some ointments to massage out my ligaments.

The excess weight can be a factor but he isn't so sure my foot will go back down in size once I lose the weight. He did say however all the extra pressure I've been putting on my feet can leave my feet swollen for even weeks at a time.

So I'm going to go hard in the gym, lose this weight and see what happens then. I'll keep a few 8.5s but a majority will be sold. He did confirm that with age our feet WILL get bigger (even without weight gain your arch WILL collapse and your feet will lengthen and widen) so keep that in mind everyone.

Please learn from my experience all, start going up a .5 size for your sake.

Just got back from the podiastrist.

He said that my arch might just need more support and that it may indeed be collapsing. He told me to hold off on selling off my 8.5s (but I'm probably going to anyways, I like my shoes roomy don't care about creasing). Told me to get my foot professionally measured at the Walking Store so I will be doing that tomorrow and also prescribed me some ointments to massage out my ligaments.

The excess weight can be a factor but he isn't so sure my foot will go back down in size once I lose the weight. He did say however all the extra pressure I've been putting on my feet can leave my feet swollen for even weeks at a time.

So I'm going to go hard in the gym, lose this weight and see what happens then. I'll keep a few 8.5s but a majority will be sold. He did confirm that with age our feet WILL get bigger (even without weight gain your arch WILL collapse and your feet will lengthen and widen) so keep that in mind everyone.

Please learn from my experience all, start going up a .5 size for your sake.

Originally Posted by Greezee

This.. In fifth grade i was 5'4 and wore a size 8. Today I am 5'8 and wear a 8-8.5.

Originally Posted by Greezee

This.. In fifth grade i was 5'4 and wore a size 8. Today I am 5'8 and wear a 8-8.5.

When I was a teen I weighed around 240-260 at 6'0. I had to wear custom orthotics for flat feet and wore size 13's. lost 60 pounds from running in 2006 quit wearing orthotics and my feet don't hurt and I now I wear 11-11.5's. My brother put on 60-70 pounds and he had to go up a size and extra width.

When I was a teen I weighed around 240-260 at 6'0. I had to wear custom orthotics for flat feet and wore size 13's. lost 60 pounds from running in 2006 quit wearing orthotics and my feet don't hurt and I now I wear 11-11.5's. My brother put on 60-70 pounds and he had to go up a size and extra width.

ugh, I usually wear a 10, sometimes a 9.5 when I really want that snug feel but recently my right foot, just the right, has been getting noticeably bigger.

I gotta cop a new pair of runners now.

ugh, I usually wear a 10, sometimes a 9.5 when I really want that snug feel but recently my right foot, just the right, has been getting noticeably bigger.

I gotta cop a new pair of runners now.

Back
Top Bottom