Anyone ever had to take benzodiazepines? Xanax, valium, ativan, etc.

As a pharmacy major I know what these drugs DO on paper, but i'm trying to hear personal experiences. I know it's an abused drug but I want to see what you feel when you take it and why it's so popular. If anyone has taken it please share your eexperiences, thanks.

I believe benzos work on the same receptors as alcohol, they're primarily for anti-anxiety... They're good for stimulant "comedowns" i.e. coke/amphetamine binges.. A good amount can have you relaxed (much like alcohol), and too much can have you black out (much like alcohol) Some people can get addicted due to several factors (availability, personality etc.), and I've heard that its not good on your brain to stop cold turkey, you have to taper..

My recreational experience:

Popped them every few weeks back in HS.

I feel that Benzos are a dry high. Start with 4mg (i think 2 white bars). You will slow down after about 10 minutes, although you won't notice it. That's what I hated about xanax. You're #$%%!! up and don't really realize it untill after the experience. . For your first time, do not take more than 4 mg. You might think your not !#%%## up and desire to take more. This is a rookie mistake that will inevitably lead to you blacking out and doing dumb %*** like knocking on your parents door at 3am in the morning. Have a sober person with you. They will be able to tell you when you are !#%%## up.

You need to find that sweet spot. The point where your cognizant enough to recognize you are #$%%!! up but not to the point where you black out. There is a VERY narrow sweet spot. You either won't notice your #$%%!! up or you'll be to #$%%!! up to enjoy your buzz

The buzz: I'm not going too into medical detail since you know the symptoms. I'll simply describe how i feel and what i do.

Very similar to liquor. Imagine a clean liqour buzz but slightly more euphoria and you are a lot more bold. You will do things crazier than you would have done drunk. When you're drunk you might actually think about what you do before you do it. With xanax, you become the Nike ad.....you just do it. It's hard to explain until you are #$%%!! up. I've EATEN half a cigarillo when I was on bars. I think me and my friend inteneded to roll some weed in it and smoke it. We were too barred out to remember what we planned on doing. My memory is hazy but i remember eating the cigarillo blacking out for an hour or so and then realizing i was #$%%!! up. Also your concept of time and georgaphic location will be completely disorted. I went to HS one day on bars once and ended up going to the classes at the wrong time
eek.gif
laugh.gif
. Till this day i do not know how I was not suspended.

If you really want to enjoy xanax, smoke on it. Pop 1 or 2 xanax bars and smoke some mids. Do not smoke headies if you are a xanax rookie. You will feel like your in a chopped and screwed music video for 3 hours
pimp.gif
. You're muscles will be so relaxed. I've never been more relaxed in my life....even when taking like 8 bars by themselves. The weed and xanax synergies really do the trick.

I also like mixing xanax with pill opiates like vicodin. If you pop 1 xanax, 4 vicodins and then smoke........you'll be nodding out.
pimp.gif

Also, if your at party on bars keep a line of coke on you.. Sometimes you might want to cancel your high (like if u plan to talk to females). Yes, you can temporaly CANCEL a xanax high
eek.gif
. If you take enough stimulants, the drowsiness/sloppiness of the high goes away. The upper negates the downer. Of course, you can't cancel the memory loss....but you will regain some coherency.

Do not mix benzos with liqour. You have a high chance of waking up in jail.

wow i guess i opened up a can of worms...never knew it was so dangerous and you could actually get high off it. i took a 1 mg of lorazepam tonight and it gave me the worst stomach aches and runs i've had in years. i'm not sure if it's related to that, but i don't have anything else to point fingers to...

i can't say i really felt any different after taking it...it's been about 2 hours now and i don't notice anything different. how long do you have to take it to have these "withdrawl symptoms"? i was under impression about 10 days so if i take 1 mg here and there for like 3 days it shouldn't be long enough to give u withdrawl symptoms when you stop right?

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

wow i guess i opened up a can of worms...never knew it was so dangerous and you could actually get high off it. i took a 1 mg of lorazepam tonight and it gave me the worst stomach aches and runs i've had in years. i'm not sure if it's related to that, but i don't have anything else to point fingers to...

i can't say i really felt any different after taking it...it's been about 2 hours now and i don't notice anything different. how long do you have to take it to have these "withdrawl symptoms"? i was under impression about 10 days so if i take 1 mg here and there for like 3 days it shouldn't be long enough to give u withdrawl symptoms when you stop right?
You won't have withdrawal symptoms unless you begin taking them on a consistent basis. If you were to take them every day, or always in a certain situation, then you may start to feel them if you were to stop. 
I was prescribed these meds for anxiety and you just gotta be careful. You may not have felt anything because you have a weak stomach and tolerance to the type of drug seeing as you have never taken it before. It might have upset your stomach and you could've even flushed it out of your system. 

If I had to describe the general feeling you would get from taking xanax or ativan it would be the slowing down of your body. You may start to slur your words and your thought process may be a bit slower. It will really calm you and your senses down. 

1Mg should be fairly safe. If you were to take 2mg of xanax you are up in the range of trying to get a "f'd up" feeling based on your tolerance. That is the quantity they are usually sold in "a xanax bar = 2mg" so treat it as so. 1mg should still have an effect assuming you don't have a high tolerance, without the risk of you being really messed up, although you will soon understand your own limit. 

Be safe my man and hit me up if you got any specific questions

i use to pop bars near the end of my senior year of high school to get through my classes because we didn't do +!##. throwedindagame pretty much hit everything there is to say..

i like prescription pills, personally
never tried any of these... 

actually, is zoloft similar to these?

Pop a couple bars here and there...just super relaxing, find myself a lot more calm and if im smoking with it (usually am
laugh.gif
) I like it a lot more. I drink sometimes on them an I think it just amplifies both of what im feeling. Back when I wasnt too familiar with these I popped too many an blacked out with quickness, try to limit it nowadays and keep somewhat safe
laugh.gif
. Build up a tolerance with the xanax pretty quick though...

i used to pop em back in the day
id go to school barred out wont learn @%%% and usually end up skipping

I dont take them but I did try them once. I took a white xanax not the bar but the football pill.  My friend said it was the  lowest dosage and the weakest one. I only took a piece because he had some broken up ones and that was the most calming feeling i ever had.

I think I have an anxiety problem because the pill did what it was supposed to do.

Back
Top Bottom