Anyone ever just packed up and moved to a new place?

I love San Diego & LA but sometimes I feel like I just want to leave everything and everyone i know behind. Not permanently, but for a few months at least.What better time than this summer?

So I got the idea to fly out to Maui (where I know zero people who live there full-time), get a house, get some random job so I can meet people, and see whereit takes me.

Anyone ever done this? Good idea or total disaster?

Originally Posted by the north west

most people are not financially able to do this

but wish we were.... OP u need a roomie
nerd.gif

2 1/2 yrs ago I up and left New York and moved to AZ....

Why? I don't @(#*# know....

Think about it all the time. I'm too cautious though. I feel like I need to have a certain amount in my bank account and make sure I have a job in theplace I want to go....I should just move and worry about that later. That'll motivate me maybe...Or maybe not.

Don't do it

just take a regular vacation after a couple weeks your gonna miss your home

Originally Posted by the north west

most people are not financially able to do this
Yep. If they had the financial freedom to do so, a lot of people would go on these long 'vacations'.

Originally Posted by CertifiedFlyBoi23

nope thats how bad things happen, not knowing ur surroundings

laugh.gif

Don't listen to that guy.

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE. WHAT'S STOPPING YOU FROM EXPERIENCING LIFE BESIDES YOURSELF?

It's not like you're moving to another country, right?

BTW, done it a few times and finally ended up finding my home in San Diego.
happy.gif

I dont think i could ever do that...

My homeboy on the other hand is bout to just pick up his stuff at the end of the summer to move from here(S.C) so L.A.... for basically no reason
laugh.gif

I don't feel like San Diego's my "home" though, I just moved there.

Do you think it'd be tough to meet people/boring? I've never traveled by myself, it sounds kinda weird.

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

I'm trying to move to DC, but am too cautious about it without having a guaranteed job.

you can find something i'm sure...even if its two retail jobs until you get something better...

i'm tryin to go to Chicago...i really just want to start over...make new friends...new job...new scene...

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

I don't feel like San Diego's my "home" though, I just moved there.

Do you think it'd be tough to meet people/boring? I've never traveled by myself, it sounds kinda weird.
it might be a lil harder just cuz when in school everyone is in the same boat...but i'm sure you'll meet people...hopefully you makefriends before you get a girl...

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr
I realized a second after posting that I didn't read that correctly.

My bad. I changed it right after too.
laugh.gif

embarassed.gif

What part of SD are you in anyway?

it's all good. i was sitting there for a second thinking "how in the world did he get mad at what i posted?"
laugh.gif

i'm from la but right now i'm in la jolla. it's so sick down in sd, i really like it, but all my good friends live in la or out in ny so it'snot as good as it could be.

Back
Top Bottom