Anyone ever return shoes to Nike Canada?

So, I bought a pair of Jordan 16.5 in the Cool Grey colourway on eBay, and after wearing them for basketball around five times, I noticed a rip in the leather on the left shoe. Since Canada didn't get the Cool Grey colourway, I can't exchange them in store so it seems my only option is to return them to Nike Canada. I'm just wondering if anyone here has done this before. Do you know if they send back other shoes or is it a voucher? I'm just hoping I don't get stuck with a pair of shoes that won't work for me for basketball. A voucher would be better because then I could pick out what I wanted in store. Thanks for any info.

I've called once to return my 2009 True Blue. When you send the shoes, they decide whether or not it's considered "normal use". If it's not, they will exchange the shoes, either by the same shoes if they are still available (if Canada didn't get them, then probably not), or shoes of the same size and the same value. You don't get to decided which shoes.

When I'll get home tonight, I'll try to find the phone number for Nike Canada.

Thanks for the reply. I called them yesterday to ask about it, and they pretty much said the same thing. They said they will send me something of equal price, but if I don't like them (or they don't fit) I'm screwed. So, hopefully I get something that works, and if not I'll see if I can exchange them at a store.

I've gotten a credit voucher before. Read the fine print if you do get one; it's full of exceptions. Usually (in the past) had to be used at the Nike Store on Bloor. Good luck. As for the phone number there's always Google or yellowpages.ca dude.

Nike Canada is on 260 Brimley (at least that's where your returns/defectives go to get QC'd)

I've done this many times. They've been quite good about reimbursing me with either another pair of shoes or a voucher. You can tell them to make note on the claim that you prefer a voucher or shoes.

I remember I had a pair of Hyperflights that started ripping. Sent them in and they sent me black/chrome Jordan XVII lows. I was super happy because Athlete's World had reduced all their Hyperflights to 50% off back in the day. So I went back to Athlete's World and bought another pair of Hyperflights and when they ripped I returned them and got the Nike Air Signature Player. haha

Last pair i returned

Zoom flight 95's , they returned them back and said they were not defective
the problem was where the tonge was connected  near the toe, there was excess material , when i ran it flipped backed and forth leaving the top of my foot with a blister.

I paid 19.99 for them at the nike outlet outside of buffalo cost me $9 to send them in via canada post, almost half of what i paid for the dam shoes.

^ Damn...

mad.gif

By the way, I called the Nike Customer Support when I sent the shoes in, and I said I wanted to be able to pick out the shoes I was getting as a replacement. I spoke to someone, and she gave me a few options of crappy shoes I didn't want, and so I told them I'd call back later. When I called back a couple of weeks later, I spoke to a really cool dude who gave me tons of options to pick from - even non-Jordan or non-basketball related shoes. He even sent me a file with images of a bunch of shoes I could pick from.

Anyhow, I ended up choosing a pair of Slate AM95's. I was pretty impressed with the way it all went through. It helps a lot when you can pick the shoe you want.

I bought a pair of tier zero rip stops... a rip has formed, haha you guys think I can do something about it?

I bought a pair of tier zero rip stops... a rip has formed, haha you guys think I can do something about it?

what's the policy regarding returns?
How long do I have after purchasing shoes to send them back if they are defective..

Lorizzle, you should be able to return them because of the rip.

Here is the info you need on returns.

http://www.nike.com/help/ca/returns.htm
Footwear older than 2 years from the original date of manufacture. Any footwear returns exceeding the 2 year date of manufacture limit will be returned without inspection. The manufacturing date can be found on the tag inside the shoe. If your shoe has the old tag, the manufacturing date appears above the US size, the first two numbers in the manufacturing date represent the year, the middle two numbers represent the month and the last two numbers represent the day. If you have the new tag, the manufacturing date appears below the US size.

Back
Top Bottom