Anyone ever sell shoes on Craigslist??

You get many hits doing that?   
Im about to let go of some of my joints and wondering if CL would be a good option.

A lot of people don't look through CL for shoes. Selling it on NT, ISS, or eBay would be a lot better since people actually use those for purchasing shoes.

Yeah it's a nice option but lots of dudes just ask for more pics and then stop responding
smh.gif
The meetups are really quick though, the times I did meetups dudes didn't even look at shoes, just gave me money and takes the bag and leaves.

You better off selling them in the Buy/Sell Forum here.

Chances are, most people don't go on craigslist looking for shoes.

Not really, a lot of prospective buyers assume they are fake (Me included) But it's worth a shot, it's free. Try NT B/S Forum.

if you think the lowballers on NT are bad...maybe you should stay away from craigslist.

I dont' sell on CL but I buy shoes on there when I see something good.

my advice do some research on what the shoes are going for on ebay and take 10-15% off that and that's what you should ask for a cash meet up.
don't take a Money order or check, Cash only!

a lot of lowballers and flakers... reminds me of somewhere I know....

nice thing tho is you meet them at Taco bell, get some tacos while you wait, make the exchange, leave and you NEVER deal with them again. no issues, no hastle... just a smooth transaction... did i mention the tacos

I've never been flaked on before and I usually start my price OD high to get the price that I really want. Craigslist has been good for me. Sold about 25 pairs.

I remember a lot of people in my area putting up space jams but I think the only time it gets checked is if a big release drops not something thats looked at on a daily plus there is no section disignated for just shoes

Yeah twice, an im in the country.

Took like 3 days to get rid of both pairs.

I wouldnt recomend selling High value kicks. (Nobodys Gonna Buy)

But if your just selling some basic GR kicks go for it.

Dont buy 5 pairs of Foamposites and think your gonna make a profit on craigslist, cuz thats a hell no,lol

Some used kicks with a alright condition you wanna make a quick $40 or $50 or so yess. Im about to sell my Hot Red Griffeys i been wearing at work for $75 obo, they are in Great condition just a couple scuffs no bending or creasing for some reason,lol so i'll prolly end up selling for $65. i paid 120 no tax so I got my use plus they are a size too big. so thats why im getting rid of them on CL

But if you got some kicks that fit in that kind of category then go for it.

Oh yeah and ITS FREE

Dont ship

Alot of spammers

And Only local Meet ups

Thats all you need to know.

Originally Posted by HanSolo23

Yeah twice, an im in the country.

Took like 3 days to get rid of both pairs.

I wouldnt recomend selling High value kicks. (Nobodys Gonna Buy)

But if your just selling some basic GR kicks go for it.

Dont buy 5 pairs of Foamposites and think your gonna make a profit on craigslist, cuz thats a hell no,lol

Some used kicks with a alright condition you wanna make a quick $40 or $50 or so yess. Im about to sell my Hot Red Griffeys i been wearing at work for $75 obo, they are in Great condition just a couple scuffs no bending or creasing for some reason,lol so i'll prolly end up selling for $65. i paid 120 no tax so I got my use plus they are a size too big. so thats why im getting rid of them on CL

But if you got some kicks that fit in that kind of category then go for it.
this some good info right here

Sold a couple pairs/bought a couple pairs on CL...good experiences.

A lot of people will email back and forth and fall off... worth it in my opinion, I mean, you want to sell them right.

I've sold a few pairs on CL. It's great because it's so easy. Just meet up and exchange shoes for money. You never see the people again, and it's painless for both parties. Plus, there's no hassle of paypal, shipping, or buyer fees.

I just don't like dealing with lowballers and flakers. Plus, you get hit up by a lot of younger kids (13-16) that can't drive and expect you meet them an hour away.

ill list my stuff on craigslist for the hell of it as a 2nd option after listing my stuff on here.

i live in LA, when i look on craigslist on here its usually a bunch of little wannabe resellers trying to sell general release jordans for way over retail and trying to sell eggplants and coppers for $400 each.

this was the same way when i checked the market in new york when i sold a few pairs out there during the summer and this past winter.

that benifits me because i usually list my stuff at reasonable prices, take detailed pics and list my prices as being firm and only respond to those who email me with reasonable questions. i get alot of interest because my prices are reasonable and i just ignore the lowballers and i make it clear that i dont hold stuff and that the shoes go to the first person who puts cash in my hand.

i've probably done about 20 deals on there, actually became friends with 2 of the people i sold to. but i had one bad deal on there, i sold some vvvnds white stealth 23's on there for $130 picked up last year which was reasonable imo, i took about 10 pics of each shoe for the guy before he came and when he got to my job he tried nitpicking and lowering his offer down to $100, i told him no and that i took all the pics i took for a reason. finally i put my foot down and told him that we agreed on a price over the phone and told him that he's the one who drove 45 minutes out here and if he didn't want the shoes thats fine, i can find another buyer but he's the one who wasted his time and gas money comming to me. i guess he realized i had a point and begrudginly gave me my $130

Originally Posted by nealraj006

I've sold a few pairs on CL. It's great because it's so easy. Just meet up and exchange shoes for money. You never see the people again, and it's painless for both parties. Plus, there's no hassle of paypal, shipping, or buyer fees.

I just don't like dealing with lowballers and flakers. Plus, you get hit up by a lot of younger kids (13-16) that can't drive and expect you meet them an hour away.
I agree. There are a lot of flakers on CL and when you say you are not looking for trades they throw you trade offers anyways and once you say No to their trade offer you never hear back from them.

CL is the way to go, way better than ebay. It's easy and convenient. You can basically sell anything.

Just watch out for scams like " I am interested in the item. I am buying the gift for my son, he is currently working in Africa. Can you ship it over there? I will send money ASAP"

so im selling a pair of shoes and the guy said he cant drive bc he doesnt have a car and wants me to meet up, the price i put it is higher than what he could get them for on ebay, so it made me suspect about him since the day we were suppose to meet i called him 30 minutes before to confirm so i didnt waste my time driving there and his phone was turned off for the next 1.5 hours and only got his generic voicemail which was his phone number repeated, then he emails me saying it was a crazy day and asked when i could meet again.

fishy?? he was willing to pay the $10 i asked for gas and time since i would be driving to him. what do you guys think? should i contact him to meet him again or what?

Back
Top Bottom