Anyone Ever Take A Solo Vacation?

Im in need of some me time.

Maybe a 3 dayer.

No friends or family.

Just ME.

But I wouldn't even know how too.

I know they're are some exspensive options but I'm not tryna spend more then a 1k.

Leaning towards Florida and just stare at the ocean for 72 hrs.

A 3 day trip by yourself to the beach will be fine.  You're on nobody's schedule but your own and can eat, drink, relax, tour however you want.  

I've taken plenty of solo weekend trips, but the longest solo 'vacation' I ever took was 5 days in Aruba by myself.  It was awesome.  Lived like a king and did what I wanted to do with nobody nagging me.  It's also super easy to make new friends and talk to people in a beach/resort/vacation setting if you want some company or someone to talk to.

Enjoy. Don't be scurred.  Nobody is going to care or judge you at all. 

- Fly to Orange County, CA ....get a hotel a few blocks from the beach, so you can walk and enjoy the culture, and it'll be alot cheaper than beachside hotels.

- i suggest Laguna, Newport, or head down to San Diego

- do local things. local bars, local grub, and local *dimes*

Im not really a beach person but for the most part all my trips are solo. Have no problem doing so. Meet up with a few people here and there...have a good time. I'm doing the same thing I would do back home just in another city.

Sometimes you need a change of scenery to reset yourself.

- Fly to Orange County, CA 
i remember going to OC (San Clemente) this time of year in the past and was disappointed with how cool (lower 70s) the temps were with heavy overcast, was like where the hell is the sun? lower 70s is not beach weather for me...

then my uncle said it was June Gloom...

"June Gloom  is a southern California  term for a weather  pattern that results in cloudy, overcast skies with cool temperatures during the late spring  and early summer, most commonly in the month of June. Low-altitude stratus  clouds are formed over the ocean, then transported over the coastal regions by the wind.[sup][1][/sup]  The overcast skies often are accompanied by fog  and drizzle, though usually not rain."

​* but yea man, I'm looking to doing more than a few solo trips in the coming months...do it

Last edited:
Went to Negril solo for 5 days last year.  Low key hotel right on the beach.  Best time of my life. Plus the womenz traveling in groups or solo were all about it. make sure you bring more than sun protection.  Don't be shy and relax.

i havent but i think its a great idea

let us know what you decide and how it goes

I used to go on Euro trips dolo all the time. Been to Norway, Amsterdam, Rome, and a few other places. Best trips of my life.

went to Ocean City, MD for a weekend by myself once, it's essentially my happy place and I wanted to get away from friends and family and just have ME time

I chilled on the beach, got drinks and ate good food, hit up the boardwalk, surf shops, walked through town and hit up old places where I had stayed in summers past to reminisce

it was really refreshing :pimp:

I'm in the military and from time to time they pay for me to go to some random places for training, and it is pretty peaceful. They sent me to San Diego for a month for training and it was pretty cool because I used to be stationed there before and I never really got a chance to really  to do much because I was always, and I mean always on deployment. It was cool to actually go out and do what I wanted without feeling rushed or feeling like I forgot something. I'd go back to San Diego anytime, might try to get orders there again.  And last summer I got sent to Ft. Worth/Dallas for a week for training, and when I say training, it was basically sit here, look at these power points, and good day, most of the time was mine, so I was able to see some pretty chill spots in the greater Metro plex area. So any chance that you get to get away solo, take it, the most peaceful time of your life.

i remember going to OC (San Clemente) this time of year in the past and was disappointed with how cool (lower 70s) the temps were with heavy overcast, was like where the hell is the sun? lower 70s is not beach weather for me...

then my uncle said it was June Gloom...

"June Gloom  is a southern California  term for a weather  pattern that results in cloudy, overcast skies with cool temperatures during the late spring  and early summer, most commonly in the month of June. Low-altitude stratus  clouds are formed over the ocean, then transported over the coastal regions by the wind.[sup][1][/sup]  The overcast skies often are accompanied by fog  and drizzle, though usually not rain."

​* but yea man, I'm looking to doing more than a few solo trips in the coming months...do it
Repped for the term "June Gloom", haven't heard that in awhile and it took me back.

Used to before the family life. It's the best time you'll every have. Hit one of the Caribbean islands. Nice weather, great food and you'll enjoy the lady's.

Use to hit dr up and I will tell you first hand you will be treated like a king. Such a beautiful island.

Leave the real world back home and go enjoy yourself.

Everyone should do a solo vacation at least once. It'll help you overcome your hesitation to doing things alone back at home. Like dining out, going to movies, etc.

plenty of times. farthest ones were to tokyo (5x) and australia (2x). first time i decided to fly to australia on kind of a whim. didn't have a hotel or car booked. drank plenty on the plane. was still slightly buzzed when i landed. got a rental car and started driving around. first time in a right hand drive car and on the other side of the road. lost two hubcaps and got called/yelled a "bloody yank" from my terrible driving. had a great time exploring. i recommend solo travel for everyone.

Always wanted to, never had the time.

When I did have time as a young'n I always went on vacay with friends.

Good memories but I wish I took the opportunity to go somewhere dolo and just meditate.

Fly out to Colombia to pick up some work. Cut out the middle man. Fly back to the states, flatbush push that product and cop the all white Wraith. Then meet me at La Marina so we can break bread in a black jeep in the back streets

On a serious note, what's your budget for this trip?

Last edited:
solo trips > traveling with anyone else

bid for a flight on priceline, book a cheap spot on airbnb, find spots to eat with yelp, places to see with tripadvisor, buy a portable charger so your phone is charged all day while you explore, and bring a camera. instead of buying kicks last year, i traveled a total of 6 weeks.

1k can take you a long way OP if you plan right. i did hawaii for 2 weeks on 1k

if you're unsure where your money can take you, this is a dope resource but i still recommend bidding for a flight on priceline instead:

http://www.kayak.com/explore/

I went to Paris and Barcelona solo, I really enjoyed moving at my own pace and no disagreements on what do see, eat, etc.

Went to Mexico city and Brazil for 10 days solo. Most fun I've ever had , looking to go to London or Japan next on the solo tip.

:lol: I did Mexico City with fam, I don't think I'd ever do it alone. I've never been to a hotel in my life where they locked the doors down at night at reception as if there was a zombie apocalypse every night except when I was in Mexico City.

I'm considering going to Dubai later this year solo.

peep this

i had planned this 3-4 day trip in march but last minute bs came up and i had to cancel

but this was my plan: fly to DC, check out a few monuments, catch a Nationals game then megabus it overnight up to NY and hang out for 2 days while staying at an air bnb before flying home

this thread has motivated me to do a solo trip in the next couple of months...

that is a cool idea though...to go somewhere and literally not do anything and just relax...

i think that may be the only way i'd do a solo trip is if its 2-3 days max and its literally nothing but chill, sun, beach, food, walk around...

Back
Top Bottom