Anyone Ever Vacationed At a National Park? Vol. Yosemite, Glacier, Yellowstone

Anyone ever visited a national park? What is there to do there? Is it something you can see in one day or would you need 3-4 days?

My buddy and I went to visit our relocated friend last summer in Montana we went to Yellowstone one day it definitely wasn't long enough two dayswould've been cool.

We were there during peak tourist season, do some research because I can't remember for sure but I think our buddy told us that the end of March was thebest for Yellowstone not too many tourists and the wildlife is abundant (near the roads).

When we went all the tourists parked there cars on the side of the road to get a pick of an Elk/moose whatever it was way off the road and no one could get agood shot of it. My boy said that those bad boys would be all over if we came in March (I think)

ive been camping at yosemite before. you could spend between 2 days and 2 weeks at that place. its that huge. it all depends on what you want to see and howcool you are with being outdoors. if you are willing to backpack for a few days you can see a lot.

vacation or camping?

I go camping with my crew every year and the last couple of years we been doing Yosemite. I guess you can technically visit Yosemite and not camp as they havecabins and even a 4 star hotel there (very pricey though). As far as activities go, its pretty much just typical outdoor stuff. Even though I been to Yosemiteseveral times now I still like to go for atleast 3 days if not 4, only because the commute/travel time pretty much busts up the 1st and last days.

At Yosemite if you just wanted to kinda see the sights, you can probably knock it out in 1 day by just doing a tour of the valley floor. I like to take a fewdays though and hit up a couple of the different hikes/trails, as several of them can be day full day experiences. I haven't done it yet (maybe this year)but the Half Dome hike is supposed to be something like 10-12 hours round trip. The scenery out there is absolutely gorgeous. Everywhere you look it looks likea damn postcard. Unbelievable even.

Not that you asked, here is my usual schedule/itinerary for a trip to Yosemite.

Day 1: arrive, unpack/setup, grab lunch, afternoon hike, wash up, dinner, relax, sleep
Day 2: breakfast, full day hike, relax, wash up, dinner, relax, sleep
Day 3: chill
Day 4: pack up, go home

Not sure if its your thing or not, but I also enjoy partaking in some party favors when I am outdoors and enjoying nature. It helps to have several cases ofbeer, and a zip of greens to help get you into that relax mode. Furthermore, I usually take 1 day out (day 3 for example) to eat a bag of mushrooms or takesome doses and just chill out in some meadow out in the middle of nowhere away from people everyone. I will just load up my backpack with the essentials(water, beer, sweatshirt, money just in case) and just cruise out til I find a quiet area where I can just kick it, chat with the boys, talk to some treesand/or other inanimate objects, and just goof around. Different topic alltogether but I honestly feel that everyone should try LSD atleast once as it is a veryspiritual and mind opening experience.

if you're going there and planning to camp there, i think i'd stay like 3 days (2 nights).

you can go hiking, etc. and see the wildlife, campfires, all that stuff.

if you're going there to see then stay in a hotel...1 day is enough imo.

Yosemite is CRACK....absolutely beautiful place.
Rafting,hiking, and just overall being with nature
pimp.gif

Half-Dome and El Capitan are majestic......

I want to go to Yosemite but I dont know how I'd deal with the fact that Grizzles are lurking. Last time I went camping a damn black bear appeared andgrowled at me. You know how they say to play dead and NOT run? I ran.

Never been, but the Yellowstone special that comes on Discovery Channel is
eek.gif
. That place is no joke.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

I want to go to Yosemite but I dont know how I'd deal with the fact that Grizzles are lurking. Last time I went camping a damn black bear appeared and growled at me. You know how they say to play dead and NOT run? I ran.

no grizzlies at yosemite. only black bears. and when you see a black bear you are not supposed to play dead. you are supposed to scream and bang stuff togetherto scare them away.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GhengesK

^^so what did you there? What kind of activities?

We just got a sight map end hit up as many of the stops (highlights) as we could we saw some waterfall, Old Faithful, a bunch of different geysers,mineral/bacterial fields, can't remember what exactly they were called but some kind of volcanoe remnants. It was cool. Ate lunch at some Restaurant atOld Faithful, got some kind've Old Faithful Beer. Like I said we were only there for one day so everything was rushed, cheefing in the car inbetweensights. The park is huge, if wanted to see everything and not rush through it, I'd suggest 3-4 days.
click here if you want more info on Yellowstone

me and some friends go camping every year ...hike, swim, jetski, fish, and
pimp.gif
. Pretty relaxing ...nice and quiet away from the city. Might hit up yosemite againt this year ..havn't been there in years ...but its mad nice...

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

pimp.gif

Truth!

Living an hour away FTW.

Originally Posted by BP the owner

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

pimp.gif

Truth!

Living an hour away FTW.

laugh.gif
yosemite is nice and all, but living an hour away aint no FTW ..sorry
roll.gif
roll.gif

by the way this is the end of the half dome hike. i was born with the gift of fear of heights so this is too sketch for me. it usually claims a couple people ayear. probably from people who have no business hiking up that thing. it just takes one slip and you could take a few other people out with you.
laugh.gif

265651959_ee612fd6c0.jpg

I visited Yosemite a while back. Did a lot of hiking, scenery watching. Very nice place. Cant remember how long we stayed. Probably 1-2 days while staying athotels. I think this was the last time I had a road trip. Ended up visiting Yosemite, Lake Tahoe, and Monterey.

I heard about Half Dome while visiting there. I was told the hike up there was insane.

That's my first time seeing those pics up there. Pretty much backs up my comment
laugh.gif
eek.gif

Thanks for the info.

I want to do one of these types of vacations. It's going to be either Yellowstone or Yosemite. It's going to be mostly scenery watching, site seeing.

went to yosemite and sequoia yosemite is very beautiful went hiking and went swimming at the rivers. took this bus tour around the place. one morning woke upand 2 car windows got destroyed by the bear i guess one had an apple in their and another one had lotion.

Back
Top Bottom