Anyone Ever Work at 24 Hour Fitness??

Got a call from them today telling me they were interested in scheduling an interview. Hours suck since it's the night shift, 11 pm to 6 am. That alone is making me not want it and i also heard the pay is pretty whack. Anyone here ever work there or know someone that has? How was it? Thanks.

real life...

no but i hate the "sales," guys that work there... they bug you so much!!

im just tryna use this free month pass feel me...

Yeah i hate pushy sales people. Luckily this isn't a sales or membership job, i would just oversee gym operations etc.

Does this include a "free" membership... Hell, that may be worth it... even with a work discount I'm paying them $40 a month for single club access.. If I want multiple club access tack on another $10.00 a month.. 

there is this guy that i see works regulatory having the same time. it seems like a chill job, not as many people come in. bring your laptop to surf internet or watch movies. lol

i have a few friends that have worked at 24, all quit and moved on.
You mention the hours suck, yes this is true.
The pay sucks as well, I believe for a sale its minimum wage and the sale of course.
Trainers make so little that my friends do under the table training outside of the gym.
I can see if you are in high school or college working there, because you meet people of the same age group.
But none of the managers at my gym have stayed longer than 4 months.
I read that you oversee gym operations, which is pretty cool and a big deal.
Good luck with that bro.

real life...

no but i hate the "sales," guys that work there... they bug you so much!!

im just tryna use this free month pass feel me...
they only gave me the three day pass
frown.gif

I got hired there as a Membership Counselor. When I went in to fill out paperwork and they told me the pay was 10.25/hr they never heard from me again :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
Does this include a "free" membership... Hell, that may be worth it... even with a work discount I'm paying them $40 a month for single club access.. If I want multiple club access tack on another $10.00 a month.. 

I believe they do give you a free membership, i just talked to the manager on the phone so we didn't discuss details. From a quick google search i read employees do get free membership. Yeah i'm really just using the job for some spending money, i might be leaving for Air Force boot camp in about five-six months so its not like this will be a long term thing.

I once worked front desk at LA Fitness (same difference)..I worked closing hours (8pm - midnight). Minimum wage pay, but I was able to get a lot of studying done since it's not too busy at that time, so I didn't mind the hours.

Best part of the job, all the girls! I went out/partied with a handful of the female members.

I once worked front desk at LA Fitness (same difference)..I worked closing hours (8pm - midnight). Minimum wage pay, but I was able to get a lot of studying done since it's not too busy at that time, so I didn't mind the hours.
Best part of the job, all the girls! I went out/partied with a handful of the female members.

i was waiting for someone to bring this up, but OP is working the 11pm-6am shift.... i can only imagine the tumbleweeds rolling through the gym during those hours.

i was waiting for someone to bring this up, but OP is working the 11pm-6am shift.... i can only imagine the tumbleweeds rolling through the gym during those hours.

11pm - 6am?! Wow, I missed that.

No one came in after 11:30pm. I had a couple of male members stick around until close, but no girls.

If all you need is spending money, I'm sure you can find another job with "normal" hours.

Got a call from them today telling me they were interested in scheduling an interview. Hours suck since it's the night shift, 11 pm to 6 am. That alone is making me not want it and i also heard the pay is pretty whack. Anyone here ever work there or know someone that has? How was it? Thanks.
i worked there as a front desk for 2 years. i've worked every shift too. the pay is nothing special, but then again, you arent really asked to do much anyway. my job was to basically check people in, do a walkaround of the gym every hour, check on the bathroom to make sure no one is passed out or anything (some members are homeless but are clean and will sleep in the lockeroom)

and basically just chill with my ipod and read/do homework. its very chill. If I started getting sleepy, I'd just workout for about 15 minutes 3-4 times a night! depending on where your location is, you'll get some drunk girls wanting to use the bathroom, some guys tryna slang and worst case scenario, a bum tryna persuade his way inside by saying he 'left' something in the locker room.

is it a career? hell no. is it easy? hell yes. is the money good? depends on what you define as 'good'

the last 6 months i didnt give a **** anymore. i took **** from the vending machines, ate the protein bars and worked out for a couple hours on the shift. never got caught. i eventually quit though to be a full time student

perks are you get a free membership and discounts on stuff. there are many opportunites for more hours if you're looking for it. other gyms will call you and ask if you feel like covering shifts (not just overnight, but any shift). thats about it i think..feel free to ask any questions

Last edited:
^:pimp: My man comin through with the info. Thanks a lot. Would i really be the only employee during the night shift? It is a super sport 24 so it's pretty big.

Last edited:
^
pimp.gif
My man comin through with the info. Thanks a lot. Would i really be the only employee during the night shift? It is a super sport 24 so it's pretty big.
no problem. Seeing that its a SS, you might have another fellow worker with you. I worked at an 'Active' sized gym, although it was almost the size of a Sport club. So im not sure, but I was the only one on duty (and most of the time, the only person in the whole gym).

edit for clarity:

sport gyms ususally have a pool, and Active gyms dont. Although my gym had a dry sauna.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom