Anyone Ever Worked As A Security Guard?????

I just got a job as a security guard. Amazed I passed the saliva test, but that's besides the point.

What do I have to look forward to? What should I look out for? I might be at a construction site or it might be a regular building they haven't clearedthat up with me yet.

Apparently the pay is by the security company's client? What kinda pay should I expect?

They said that they don't drug test after you're hired but the clients might. Do you think they will? I can go without trees for a min. but jeez,I'd rather not.

I'm a svelt dude, 5'10 160. If i really did see something go down i'd probably follow my post orders call the cops and go somewhere else. I'mnot solving any mysteries or catchin any bad guys.

you about to be sitting around at a construction site in the middle of the night doing nothing

Originally Posted by j671

Saliva test?

Yea they had this little contraption with a dense cotton swab type apparatus at the end. You hold it in your mouth for five mins no M16 then you let it sitfor 10 mins. Then these lines pop up. If a line doesn't pop up next to the drug name then you tested positive. I took two in a row because i threw thefirst one out of fear. The second one was iffy but i was getting my black Michael Cera on so older receptionis lady was like "I know you don't donone of that. This is good enough."

Originally Posted by donpoppa

you about to be sitting around at a construction site in the middle of the night doing nothing

pimp.gif
i can get with that. def signed up for the grave shift too. basically my plan is to bring a four pack of redbull and some books.

i have a buddy who works the graveyard shift as a security guard for a local apartment complex.

duke just plays World of Warcraft all night
laugh.gif

pretty much^ they do suck

my job feeds me and all that so i dont have to buy food

the pay is shid but i work a lot of hours so it balances itself out

Originally Posted by XCellzisCrack

pretty much^ they do suck

my job feeds me and all that so i dont have to buy food

the pay is shid but i work a lot of hours so it balances itself out
how much you gettin paid?

on my app i said i wanted 13 and my supervisor smirked. she said to expect around 10, but the places themselves set the rates. it doesn't seem like thehardest work though and most people i know are only making like 8 an hour, which is real sad when you're 21.

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

You get to deal with a lot of idiots. Hopefully you have a lot of patience...you're going to need it
laugh.gif

Word, i did security for about 7 years. A lot of people don't like to follow, rules and will disrespect you by calling you a fake ,or rental cop. Pay it nomind.

if you have a license gun, i dont know if i said it right, but your pay is gonna be better than what it is

i have yet to hear of anyone's pay other than it is "shid"

can i get some numbers?? i'm trying to get an idea of what to expect in case i get blackballed.

Originally Posted by XCellzisCrack

boredom

long hours

insomnia
this...your basically just wasting time...im doin it currently and its effecting my wellbeing.

if it aint easy position it aint worth doing imo.

I did security for a company on 5th ave. here in NYC. the pay was ten bucks an hr. the job was boring standing up for 8hrs on post.

The job could be easy or it can be a huge pain in the !#! depending on your shift and supervisor. graveyard shift is always easiest. I did 7-3 terrible shiftand supervisor was always on my !#!, couldn't even take a seat in the garage.
indifferent.gif

I left that company and have an interview for a company that does security at JFK. i've heard it's better but again the graveyard shift. which Ican't do. they pay $9.50. I'd say expect any were between 8-10 bucks an hr.

My boy works as one in Frisco at some apartment place on Eddy...

He said its boring as hell. . Dude gets off at 12 am everyday..
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom