Anyone ever worked at UPS?

Good luck...it's a b!tch workin' there, especially at that shift!

Young Sk8 (
nerd.gif
a NT'er
nerd.gif
) is a driver for UPS so he knows all about...but overall I would say thayunloading & loading are gonna be hard for U at 1st but you'll probably get used to like w/ anything else

That must be a good workout. I don't know how it is nowadays but back in the day my bro told me there were quite a few accidents.

man i worked that mess for about 2 weeks loading trucks. I had to get outta there...I have never been a fan of manual labor

When I was 18, I worked there for about 2 months. Wasn't really all that bad, 4 hours went by pretty fast. But, I was working 3rd shift and I quit becauseof that, not because of the work being hard.

i worked there some years ago. i worked that same shift and it was hell on my back. the company works harder, not smarter. they would have one person loadingthree trucks simultaneously.

tips: buy a back brace, bend at the knees, look for new work.

The easiest part is the first week when you are in a class. After that its a bitc#. I think I lasted about 2 weeks, one of my guys lasted months trying to saveup for a sound system. If you are really trying just trying to move up start asking questions from your first day, my other guy moved up quick just by askingfor a different position after about 4 months. I would never go back to that place, you are better off working contstruction making 3x more than UPS and doingwhat I think is less work.

what is the pay for starting?

i'm thinking of taking the job for the summer to get more hours...need a car
frown.gif

it sucks man, i was a unloader and i was there for the training and 1 day that i started to work, good luck man

I currently work there.

IT SUCKS!!!!
manual labor
GET A BACK BRACE
annoying bosses and co-workers
10 minute breaks
hella dirty
start at $8.50 but get a raise after 3 months then yearly
good benifits
stupid hours

smh.gif
at UPS. I been there way too long. . . . damnrecession!!!!

How do the drivers get back to the truck so fast. I sprint to the door whenever UPS rings the bell.

They always halfway down the street
alien.gif

and they try to promote that they help pay for school...

anybody have details on that?

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Its just a reimbursement at the end of a semester with a C average

$1500 per semester and I think its a 2 semester limit.

Originally Posted by Eff Ecks

eek.gif
that's not bad at all! especially cuz my tuition is only $3000 a semester at a university.

do you have to work there a year before you get the benefits or what?

eek.gif
that's not bad at all! especially cuz my tuition is only $3000 a semester at a university.

Nope it starts as soon as you do. You gotta sign up for it within your first 30 days of that semester. It doesnt just automatically start when you get hired

UPS is the worse job I ever had in my life.

this topic has came up on NT a few times......for one............because its true UPS IS always hiring.

i dont feel like typin why UPS sucks so bad for right now, but yea stay away.

Originally Posted by ReasonablyIll89

I'm just trying to get my foot in the door to become a driver.

You gotta do more than just get your foot in the door, homie. You gotta put in major work and climb up the ladder. AS SOON as it looks like there's a newopening available apply for it and stay on them about it until you get interviewed. Sometimes it takes 2 years to make a come up, but I worked with a guy wholoaded for 8 years when i just started.

eek.gif

Nope it starts as soon as you do. You gotta sign up for it within your first 30 days of that semester. It doesnt just automatically start when you get hired
its D average now and $2500 per sem.

but the catch is you have to be in management. supervisor, trainer.. etc.. ( it takes long, as far as the process goes, cuz they are some lazy bastards thatwill lose your paper work and not follow up on !*%%.)

Originally Posted by jeenewed

How do the drivers get back to the truck so fast. I sprint to the door whenever UPS rings the bell.

They always halfway down the street
alien.gif
laugh.gif
that's the truth, unless they need your signature.

This is the worse *+!+%%% job of my life no !%%%+%+*

@!!$ UPS

4 hours of str8 back breaking work and not 1 *+!+%%% break? You kiddin me?

Edit:

Just called and said I had 18 miss routes today
roll.gif
.Whos cares !$$# thatplace

Back
Top Bottom