anyone figure out why kobe is wearing 2k4?

Rockdeep you said the Kobe II sold really well. How well are we talking? Better than Lebrons, Melo's, Wade's, Jordans? I ask because I haven't seen anybody wearing them, except one other person. I do live in Philly so that may have something to do with it.

Quote:
I haven't seen anybody wearing them, except one other person. I do live in Philly so that may have something to do with it.
:rolleyes
eyes.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif

You answered your own question man.What do you expect to see with a town known for hating on and giving Kobe no love.We're talking about the city who booed him when he won the 2002 allstar MVP award.
"Kobe is in a no win situation, he's in hoops purgatory."- Scoop Jackson

because he wants to be like raja.
ifbelieve it..
..you can achieve it!
- stephon xzavior marbury -
hmm hmmm hmm..

Are those even lasers? In the game pics that were posted they look like regular 2k4's to me.

Anyway these are modern classics, they just won't go away. 3 straight years and counting. Wow

The Kobe II did well in the L.A. area but failed nationally, then was RTV'ed by all of the the stores that carried it in the NYC/NJ area, and is currently being sold for 39 dollars at Marshalls.

I don't consider that as doing well, but it couldn't be as bad as the ZK1, but could it? :rofl:
roll.gif

BASKETBALL IS A BROTHERHOOD

"but alot of the things Kobe does I would never have done."

MJ in GQ

there being sold for 39 bucks at Marshalls????!!!

im about to go get another pair then
TEAM CLEVELAND INDIANS
Lofton Sizemore Michaels Gutierrez Nixon Hafner
Shoppach Peralta Cabrera Gomez Blake Garko Martinez Barfield

Jack Johnson, there is no way that the ZK2 would be at Marshalls. POST PICS TO PROVE IT. There are Zoom Kobe 1s at Marshalls. That is a fact.

i wouldn't be surprised to see them at marshall's, i've made some GREAT flightposite pickups there.

The Marshalls on 125th Street and the one in Portchester, has the White/Purple/Gold ZK2 for 39 dollars. I don't own a camera therefore cannot post pics, nor would I want to post pics of them as proof anyway. Here's the number 212 866 3963.

Call and ask them yourself.

* Edit: it's "prove it", questions like this, that makes it easy for me to dislike anything affilliated with Kobe Bryant. MJ made the Brand what it is, now Kobe is gonna make Nike UNhip.

MJ in GQ

Hey Jack J.. aka Coach..

You would be wrong with this statement:

Quote:
The Kobe II did well in the L.A. area but failed nationally
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
Gratuitus For Sale Plug: DS & VNDS Size 10.5 & 11XII's XIII's V's XIX XIX SEs 2K3s 2K4s VC's​

It's not a personal opinion. Every store here RTVed those shoes, as a friend and I went to the Fartlocker on 34th to look for a pair for him, and they didn't have any, and it wasn't because of good sales. They sent them out, RTVed. Now they got the book out then said they could order from the catalog, and that is what he did.

As far as Kobe fans respecting MY responses, that wouldn't go very far anyway, considering who they are fans of!

BTW, give Marshalls a call....that should be proof enough.

MJ in GQ

Well Jack I'm almost positive the Kobe III's won't do that well with Kobe's trade demands and the shoe not being that appealing to the general public. I know this will get you really HOT just thinking about Kobe not doing well. Rock I can respect you more because you do produce facts.

JJ you must be speaking of one colorway only. One colorway doesn't make a release a failed one. It will just prove that Laker GRs don't do well.

Thats all. I dont think you will find Oly or Black Maize Kobe's in Marshalls.

I am sort of wondering how they went to a Marshalls seeing as how they have to go thru a process to get to a retailer like that.
Gratuitus For Sale Plug: DS & VNDS Size 10.5 & 11XII's XIII's V's XIX XIX SEs 2K3s 2K4s VC's​

RockDeep,

From what I understand, there weren't many of his Olympic shoes produced, correct? To say that the Kobe II shoe did well isn't much of a stretch, considering how bad the I's did, even if it did only 5% better with less distribution. I do know for a fact that the Black and Maize were RTV'ed here, while they did well on the West Coast.

I also understand that while you may not be a Kobe man, you are indeed a Nike fan! No hate there, but if Kobe does fail, Nike fails, so I can see how you may take issue with my position, but I understand.

MJ in GQ

so youre not a kobe fan which is understandable..and youre not a nike fan which is also cool and comepletely fine..except youre on NIKETALK..and while yes you are entitled to your opinion all you do is troll threads without adding anything remotely substantial to any conversation except blindly talkin @#%$..It must be pretty lonely under that rock youre under and Im sure you like the attention you get with your remarks and being the nike/kobe/hype hater on the board thinking what you like is better than what any of us are into.At this point you dont contribute anything to the community with your attitude..Im not saying not liking kobe or not liking nike or whatever hype the brand generates but the way you go about it is completely off.Kobe fails /nike fails???save for two adidas signature shoes the "5" signature shoes failed.
check out my blog unds'ed/

RockDeep,

BTW I think that you'd be surprised to see what winds up in Marshalls from NIKE these days, especially in the popular size ranges. They don't sell sizes 14-15, so I often miss out on the really hip stuff. Converse is repped very well there as well, such as the Wade I's.

MJ in GQ

this jack dude is annoying. i can honestly say no one in this community backs up your opinions JUST BECAUSE HOW YOU EXPRESS YOURSELD. REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT GETS YOU SO ROWDY WHEN IT COMES TO KOBE.. DID HE STEAL YOUR GIRL? DID HE GET YOU MAD WHEN HE LEFT ADIDAS?....... IT MUST BE THE ADIDAS MOVE THAT YOU HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NIKE Talking Since
'94

I would highly disagree with Nike failing if Kobe fails. The Kobe 1 was a Failure, but obviously they came back for more with th Kobe II AND soon the Kobe III which may not do too well.

However.. I am not opposed to your position in the least.. I actually don't get all bent out of shape like the other folks.. lol It makes me laugh that others let you get under their skin...lol

But your position is based on opinion instead of widely known facts is all. I am more about making criticisms based on facts I know.

They would not have done an ID of the Kobe's if the line were released at a substantially lower production #. Wouldn't make business sense for them to waste resources for a few folks who would want a performance shoe.

I often find some shoes don't do well where I am from in the DC area, but that doesnt mean they didn't do well in the Southern , Midwest or West Coast Regions.

This area is the center of my shoe Universe or was.. but not the entire Industries Universe. So I just thought I'd throw out there, that the shoe did actually better than 5% better than the ZK1 in more than just the West Coast..

Just for factual purposes.

Have fun with these Kobe Lovers.. they are very possessive. lol

:lol:
laugh.gif
he's a basketball player, it's a shoe. Who the hell cares who bought them. You don't like them then don't buy them, and why waste your time coming into the threads.

my problem whith jack isnt his opinion..well maybe a little I can take the "i dont like kobe" rants or "nike is inferior" thing as well, however I dont see the die hard nike cats trolling on the adidas threads..He specifically makes it a point to go out and troll the kobe threads..which i guess is his right to some extent..but he is no longer contributing to the thread or the community for that matter,all he's doing is being destructive.He finds the kobe thread or whatever and says something inflammatory..fine kobe 2's are 39.99..i have some adidas kg bounces at the outlet for 19.99 who cares..I know no one hits up the adidas threads railing on how adidas is going to fail because 3 of the "5" signature shoes didnt sell. To further add to him being destructive,he creates inflammatory posts like his esquire exerpt that adds absolutely nothing to any conversation.
check out my blog unds'ed/

Back
Top Bottom