anyone figure out why kobe is wearing 2k4?

has anyone figured this out? its 2 games in a row now that he is in the 2k4s. why not the lites, 2s or new upcoming shoes?

If another player wearing any other Brand did this, there'd be an avalanche of comments stating that the new shoes suck.
BASKETBALL IS A BROTHERHOOD

"but alot of the things Kobe does I would never have done."

MJ in GQ

2 reasons I can offer. First, Kobe really loves 2K4s. Second, he just wants to promote 2K4s laser.

Here comes mr jack Johnson again........ Give your input on the question!!!! Not on how another player this and that....
NIKE Talking Since
'94

Are you giving "input", by commenting on what I've stated?

Again, if someone wearing Reebok or any other Brand does this, someone would suggest that the new shoes suck.
BASKETBALL IS A BROTHERHOOD

"but alot of the things Kobe does I would never have done."

MJ in GQ

maybe he' s just holding off for the actual release date or trying to promote the 2k4s LAKERS FTW!

can't he wear shoes just because he liked them?

but yes, i do agree with coach (and i feel like a lot of you disagree with the true statements he makes out of personal vendettas)

joc_11r_mj_06.jpg

..with so much personality,
what do you want from me?
i could be by myself and enjoy the company..
but i'd ratherher

did pippen even have a shoe at the time? plus jordan was probably promoting the new colorway for the 11s, possibility?....as for kobe, im gonna go with that comment about promoting other lasers. that seems the most logic

I was thinking maybe the lites got scrapped but Kobe still wanted to wear a really lite shoe since he lost like 20lbs. I don't know if he can wear the ZK3 yet so went with the 2K4.

Just to give you guys some insight.....

There are Two Major Reasons a player wears different shoes than the one's he has out currently.

Marketing by the shoe Company. THEY decide what the player wears.

The Player wants to wear something else to change things up.

In this case, it's because Nike is marketing Kobe's Laser Release to help sales.

Most times when a player has a PROBLEM with his shoe, Nike WILL make adjustments to his shoe, which GR releases won't have to accomodate and NOT hurt sales.

Kobe II sales did real well, so him not wearing it won't hurt it.

Just FYI for those wanting to know.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
Gratuitus For Sale Plug: DS & VNDS Size 10.5 & 11XII's XIII's V's XIX XIX SEs 2K3s 2K4s VC's​

^^^good insight...i knew about the tweaking the shoe thing but i didnt know the company decides what players wear and if they can wear something else.

thanks for the inside...2k4s are hard i hope nike comes out with the bLk/purpLe/maize that kobe wore in the 2004 finaLs with a 24 on the back instead of the 8...the marketing scheme of nike does work when i first saw the 2k4 kobes i didnt wanna get them because kobe doesnt rock them anymore but now that kobe has them on again...im def gonna buy :pimp:
pimp.gif
:pimp:
pimp.gif

oh btw that pip and mj pic is :pimp:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
LAKERS 49ERS DODGERS ATHLETICS​

That was one of the things that folks realized said on NT. If your going to have a player endorse something AT LEAST have him PLAY in the shoes you are releasing.. Unlike the year of the 2K5s but Nike got burned on the LA Maps.

A little Patent would have gone a long way.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
Gratuitus For Sale Plug: DS & VNDS Size 10.5 & 11XII's XIII's V's XIX XIX SEs 2K3s 2K4s VC's​

whats up with retro 3 years later? that was quick..

^^^

IM GLAD THO. I REGRET PASSING BACK THEN!!!

NIKE Talking Since
'94

Back
Top Bottom