Anyone filled a claim with the city???

Has anyone filed a claim with the city you live in due to damage to your car? Driving home on Friday my girl drove into a pot hole in the middle of the street. It was at night and raining so kinda hard to see. The tire is slashed and the rim got bent. I hear you can filed a claim with the city and they will pay for damages due to pot holes.

Has anyone filed a claim with the city you live in due to damage to your car? Driving home on Friday my girl drove into a pot hole in the middle of the street. It was at night and raining so kinda hard to see. The tire is slashed and the rim got bent. I hear you can filed a claim with the city and they will pay for damages due to pot holes.

never heard of this. but good luck. let me know pot hole in va busted my tire.

never heard of this. but good luck. let me know pot hole in va busted my tire.

My coworker tried this in Virginia. He was told that he would get money for it. For months after he tried, we asked if he got reimbursed yet but he always said no. This was probably about a 6 months to a year ago. Good luck.

My coworker tried this in Virginia. He was told that he would get money for it. For months after he tried, we asked if he got reimbursed yet but he always said no. This was probably about a 6 months to a year ago. Good luck.

Must be hard to win a claim in NYC damn near all the roads are %*%%$# up
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by doin90onthefreeway

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

Cities would go bankrupt from this lol

we pay taxes, don't we?
what does that have to do with anything?

OP - I've read about people who have filed claims with the city.
usually they're only successful if they can prove that the city had been notified that there was a road condition problem, but failed to deal with it in a timely manner

we pay taxes, don't we?

usually they're only successful if they can prove that the city had been notified that there was a road condition problem, but failed to deal with it in a timely manner

Same thing dirty said. I knew of somebody who did, and got their rim paid for. But they have to see that they neglected the situation or that it had already been reported but didn't go out to fix it in adequate time

Same thing dirty said. I knew of somebody who did, and got their rim paid for. But they have to see that they neglected the situation or that it had already been reported but didn't go out to fix it in adequate time

My uncle tried to do that once for a hitting his rim on a pot hole that the construction zone had left without putting a sign on the road, he bent his rim. He put in a claim, but the city responded extra late and gave him the "excuse" that they have bigger claims in front of his, and that to get a response on what they can do about it, they said it would take around 3-4 months. /shrug

Really depends what city you're in.

My uncle tried to do that once for a hitting his rim on a pot hole that the construction zone had left without putting a sign on the road, he bent his rim. He put in a claim, but the city responded extra late and gave him the "excuse" that they have bigger claims in front of his, and that to get a response on what they can do about it, they said it would take around 3-4 months. /shrug

Really depends what city you're in.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

we pay taxes, don't we?

^I been reading some stuff online and that seems to be the case. I'm still going tomorrow morning and see what they tell me. Doesnt hurt to try.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

we pay taxes, don't we?

^I been reading some stuff online and that seems to be the case. I'm still going tomorrow morning and see what they tell me. Doesnt hurt to try.

Back
Top Bottom