Anyone go to Cal Poly Pomona?

pnoifabolous

Banned
ive heard mixed things about this place. im attending in the fall and obviously my main reason for going is academics but hows student life over there? ive heard its fun and ive also heard its wack. i just wanna get an idea of what to expect when i start going there this fall.
Boycott Reggaeton

i personally dont go to cal poly pomona but ive been there and it's really WACK! first off it's in the middle of nowhere and not alot of things to do around there, but i dont know how the student life is hopefully its awesome so you can have some fun and meet new @#%$

I heard it was good for engineering and business. You'll be in the LA inland empire, so LA is about 20 mins (no traffic) down the 10fwy.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. For whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both. For a wounded man will say it his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.​

my sister went there. all she did up there was study. pretty much no life.
"Sleep is for the weak. Therefore, I'm weak then."

i commute. but my friends who dorm say they like it.
but hopefully you or someone you know will have a car
the campus will get old quick.

TEAM BELLOBLOCK!

looking for:
vnds/ds am95s in sz 8-8.5
vnds/ds 3s & 4s in sz 8

i dormed there for one year...definitely had to go somewhere to get out...like to ontario mills, wc, or brea, but cow poly is hella boring as far as a campus is concerned.

definitely gotta find things to do outside of campus.

pnoi, you're from chula vista, right? as am i.
hit me up when you get up here. i'll show you around and whatever.

i'm in the dorm right now...kicking it. it's fun in the dorms during the week if you have a good roommate or roommates, but on the weekend, it's pretty much dead. like the dude said earlier, it's a good school for engineering....what's your major?
BAY AREA
105th and E 14

Christer: how you been man, long time no see.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. For whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both. For a wounded man will say it his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.​

West2East: why is it hard to switch majors? im going in undeclared but im still not too sure. anywhere from engineering to marketing to environmental design. im leaning more towards civil engineering but im too lazy right now to believe that i can do it. hahahaha.

spokenabstract: yeah im from chula vista...how long have you been up at pomona? it'd be sick to get to know the place from a san diegans point of view.

i could have easily picked san diego state which im kinda thinkin twice about because i have all the conveniences home and all my friends are down here. i pretty much made the decision without thoroughly thinking it through but i think its better than going to state where everything is impacted and you cant even register for classes sophomore year. but i hope pomona is the place for me....i got orientation this week so ill see how it goes.
Boycott Reggaeton

Forgive me I was a little buzzed and I read this all wrong last nite. I thought u were talking Cal Poly SLO. Damn really sorry about that. :smh:
smh.gif

i go to Cal Poly Pomona.
seriously most of the people who go there comute, so theres not a lot of campus life. he campus is also set up on a hill. I hope you dont have too many classes in the Real Estate/Hospitality management buildings haha)
i ersonally don't like it too much, so i just kick it with my circle of friends and be out. its hard to get classs you need since so many people go there. If you take classes on tues/thurs, all classes are an hour and 45 minutes long, and there is a amandatory break called University Hour between 12 and 1 where there are no classes scheduled. If you go monday/wednesday/friday classes are only 50 minutes long and there is no U hour. Most people go tuees/thurs though. Parking is horrible, but they just built a new parking structure last quarter. Its close to everything (malls, beaches, LA, etc) so thats not a problem, but pomona itself isnt exactly the best of cities in most areas.
TeamNegrodamus​
Team Macintosh​
PC USER? LMFAO​

"Yo momma got a peg leg with a kickstand"- The Pharcyde

DS Cement 97s sz 11 for sale. $100, but price is negotiable. SoCal meetup preferred

Quote:
I hope you dont have too many classes in the Real Estate/Hospitality management buildings haha)
TEAM BELLOBLOCK!

looking for:
vnds/ds 3s & 4s in sz 8

I heard they crush your car and make you watch because of a dent.Most commonly metallic grey accord coupes.
DebateSyndicate​
If the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit​

well, i hope you're not a comp sci major. i am, and you basically will end up KILLING yourself either from stress or the course load. comp sci at cal poly pomona is no joke. be prepared to work your @#%$ off if you are. but aside from that, college life is what you make of it. it doesn't matter where you are or what school you go to, if you want to have fun, you'll find it.
... just do it ...

^^^
i
i am a comp info system major and i am planning on transfering to that school- is it hard to get in/transfer to that school??? i am from PA, help me out people please....

__Yons__

no it's not hard to transfer. all you need is a 2.0 gpa. btw, a cis major is COMPLETELY different to a cs major.
... just do it ...

^^^

i know lol, since you said comp sci is tough in that school- I thought every computer major would be hard. But yeah comp sci is more in to computer hardware/programing which suckks by the way lol, and cis is just more in to business which is GREAT lol.

i am playing thanks for the help though..

__Yons__

International Business & Marketing double major here. Uhhh people pretty much summed it up, but if you're dorming and bringing a car you should park in the new parking structure. It's farther than the lot, but if you park in the lot your car is guaranteed dirty in a matter of days. Definitely get an Ionic Breeze or something, because the dust is straight up disgusting. I had to dust off my desk almost daily. And the people who had Ionic Breezes in the dorms had to clean them quite often. I got screwwwwed this quarter for classes because the comm dpt thought I was a comm major still and put a hold on my registration. :smh:
smh.gif
Dorming wasn't too bad, but I was in the First Year First Step program, which was pretty dumb. Met some cool folks through it though. Which building you in next year? Steer clear of Aliso.

do you guys really call yourselves "Fake Poly" my roommate had a friend who was visiting one weekend and she called it that.
end transmission

Quote:
do you guys really call yourselves "Fake Poly" my roommate had a friend who was visiting one weekend and she called it that.
TEAM BELLOBLOCK!

looking for:
vnds/ds 3s & 4s in sz 8

i didn't, but my ex did.....majored in bio and is working for genentech in the bay now.

obviously, i can't tell you about campus life, but all i know is that it's hot as hell out in the 909. there's not much to do out there either.
but you're going to get that paper, so just make do and keep your eyes on the prize.
"The expectation we have for Air Jordans is for the MICHAEL JORDAN of basketball shoes.
Lately we've been getting the Derrick Coleman of basketball shoes: bloated, overhyped, overpaid, & underwhelming." --Truth spoken by NT's own "Iron Lung"
Seize every opportunity to educate yourself.....STOP. Look. Listen.

dammit. classes start thursday.... takin summer classes there made break hella short.
... just do it ...

Back
Top Bottom