Anyone going to watch Kanye's VH1 Storytellers Saturday?

I think this should be a very good show with good performances...definetly watching this before I go out saturday
pimp.gif

Definitely. Know some people who went to the taping and said he re-did every song on 808's in his GITD-esque manner. Should be epic and dope.

anyone who respects Kanye and what he does for the game is gonna be watching this.....

I feel like he always puts on a show....and this should be no different
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

but VH1?????
indifferent.gif

It didnt dawn on me they still played music...all I see on there is reality dating shows and s***
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

I am... Ye always puts on a good show. To me its like watching a sports event... you never know what's gonna happen. Unlike other artist who do the samethings

Damn Kanye.... He's got the guts to pull stuff off, but sometimes.. it ain't workin.

Had to bump this.

The show, which airs on VH1 on February 28th at 9/8c, showcases several of new tunes (Download the disc at Rhapsody). It also digs into some of Kanye's previous hits. Here's a list of the songs that are scheduled to be included in the final cut.

Nightmare
Robocop
Flashing Lights
Amazing
Say You Will
Stronger
Good Life
Heartless
Touch the Sky

Stay tuned: Next week they'll have a exclusive performance from the show, West working his way through "Love Lockdown."
So Paranoid didn't make the cut?
eyes.gif

And we have to wait a week to see Love Lockdown. VH1 is garbage.

Kanye West's Radiohead tirade cut from VH1 show

02/26/2009 7:00 PM, Reuters

Hip-hop star Kanye West trashed Radiohead and said the public should give Chris Brown "a break," during a recent taping of VH1's "Storytellers."

But the comments will not make it to air when the episode premieres on the lifestyle cable network on Saturday.

The taping, which took place on February 13 at Sony Studios in Los Angeles, lasted three hours. The show's producers cut it to 90 minutes, after getting network approval to expand the episode from its usual one hour.
Some of West's choicer comments ended up on the cutting room floor, but there's no political conspiracy afoot, said executive producer Bill Flanagan.
"A lot of the stories that Kanye told went long," Flanagan told Reuters on Thursday. "I tried to get to the essence of his comments."

One of hip-hop's most intriguing and outspoken stars, West seems tailor-made for "Storytellers," in which artists play their songs in an intimate setting and share tidbits with audience about how they were written.

The idea behind "Storytellers" is that VH1 encourages the artist "to just keep talking," and producers in turn will "eliminate any 'gotcha' moments" that don't work, Flanagan said.

During the taping, according to a Reuters reporter, West was aggrieved that Radiohead singer Thom Yorke had allegedly snubbed him backstage at the Grammys five days earlier. That hurt, West told the audience, because he idolizes the British band, and considers it one of his few creative rivals.

"So when he performed at the Grammys, I sat the f--- down," West said.

A little later, West asked the crowd, "Can't we give Chris a break? ... I know I make mistakes in life." He was referring to R&B singer Chris Brown, who was arrested on the night of the Grammys on suspicion of beating his girlfriend Rihanna.

In the same context, West earned loud applause with his declaration: "Michael Jackson, amazing. Michael Phelps, amazing ... He's a real f---in' person; he makes mistakes," referring to the champion swimmer's recent bong pipe brouhaha.

VH1 has cleaned up those comments a bit, and it also included West's less-popular follow-up observation: "O.J. Simpson, amazing. Is he not? What he did, when he did, what he did. Was he not amazing though?"

In between his speeches, West found time to perform 14 songs. Some, such as "Go Hard" and "Street Lights," will not appear on the episode. The final set list combines older tunes like "Touch the Sky" and "Stronger," and tracks from his new album "808s and Heartbreak," including "Amazing" and "See You In My Nightmares."

Flanagan said he was "pretty delighted" with the way West opened up to the crowd and took the whole project seriously.

Next up for "Storytellers" is a taping with resurrected rock trio ZZ Top in Chicago in a couple of weeks, he said.

(Editing by Jill Serjeant)

Kanye West's Radiohead tirade cut from VH1 show

Hip-hop star Kanye West trashed Radiohead
see...that don't fly right with me...
yeah, son throws temper tantrums often, but the
title and the opening statement make dude look
the bad guy here when later on it only says :

During the taping, according to a Reuters reporter, West was aggrieved that Radiohead singer Thom Yorke had allegedly snubbed him backstage at the Grammys five days earlier. That hurt, West told the audience, because he idolizes the British band, and considers it one of his few creative rivals.

"So when he performed at the Grammys, I sat the f--- down," West said.

true, he might've said more and they ain't wanna put that in there,
but if they're gonna put on paper that it was a 'tirade' and he 'trashed'
them, where are the quotes on it? they're backing on the previous
statements are totally inexistent on the actual content...

and you wonder why he hates the media...

i ain't really defendin dude. just pointin out what i think is wrong,
albeit inevitable even from a respectable publication as Reuters.

that stronger performance looked good,

networks need to start releasing uncut dvd's of things like this.

Back
Top Bottom