Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

I've had people with "fake" 4k tvs come to my house and marvel at my ks8000. It's better to just get the proper tv and wait for the price to drop.

and, although its my first 4k tv, the bump up in pixels is VERY noticeable....at least, to me.

watched finding dory on it last night....wet textures look real.

being a tcl, of course the edges at the top and bottom aren't completely flat black....no idea what the technical term is for this...

and the speakers kinda suck, which is expected at this price point....

for comparison, i was 1st in line like 2011 for black friday and bought a 55" westinghouse for the same price i got this TV for (at "full" price)

that's where the comparison stops.

the control is a bit funky, admittedly.

I've had people with "fake" 4k tvs come to my house and marvel at my ks8000. It's better to just get the proper tv and wait for the price to drop.

Definitely. 100% satisfied I returned my Vizio M Series for the KS8000. The cost difference was more than worth it.

the LGs with better input lag than the TCL also have 4k in quotes on http://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/inputs/input-lag which is why i stopped considering them as an option.

again, i was interested in copping the sony. both here and in the playstation thread, the only advice people would give was "SONY ONLY" but the input lag is literally 4-5 times higher than LG and TCL

once this holiday season is upon us, these marvel-worthy TVs will drop in price...then i will cop the entertainment unit....

keep the gaming on the tcl or gaming monitor (ive been looking into 4k HDR monitors as well, but anything over like 28 inches are TV priced)

Samsung KS8000 was a beautiful TV with great input lag and best value for the money. It had Qdot technology, which this year is an entire different TV series (QLED).

Sony is a good TV and has great upscaling, colors, etc because of their Xtreme Processor. However Sony is all about their software unlike the Samsung where everything is hardware, this makes the Sony input lag horrible.

In regards to the TCL S series is just like lower end Samsung, MU6300 and MU7000 where both are HDRPro meaning it can read but not produce ... in order for Dolby Vision to certify a TV the unit has to reach certain bright levels and the t.v. has to reproduce certain colors .... in other words even when it say HDR .. it means it detects somethi t in HdR but can't render it.

Last edited:
even further, TRUE hdr is HDR 10 input.

I know none of these TVs i've discussed have TRUE HDR 10 input. (maybe the sony?)

thanks for clearing up the reason why the input lag is so high on the sony; due to a software processor.

makes sense.

Are there any good/cheap alternative 4k player than the XBox 1S?

Or is there really none that are worth it considering everything you get with the Xbox?

I will be moving into a new house in the next few weeks (knock on wood) and absolutely need to upgrade my living room TV. Where do you all recommend looking for reviews outside of this thread? Also, where are you all purchasing from?

^^ Browse TVs in your price range and a quick google search will narrow the field down quick. Rtings.com does in depth reviews and will be the main site that comes up with a google search of the model number you're looking at.

It all really depends on your budget and the size you want.

(I'm sure if you post your budget, size range and what your main uses for it will be in here, people will point you in the right direction.)

I have a 65MU8000 and I love it. Best TV I've ever owned. (So far)

In my basement, I had to go with a 55" due to a specific setup. I also wanted to stay under $900 since it's not the main TV and doesn't get used much.

I ended up going with the Vizio M55-DO. I eventually got an HDMI switcher that's HDCP 2.2 compatible since the TV only has 1 compatible port. I have to say it has impressed me.

I'm not sure of the prices and specs on their newer models since I bought it last year, but if anybody is on a budget, I can say the mid range Vizio has impressed me.

Last edited:
Going to be in search of a new TV in about two months.

Any chance a TV with true HDR will be priced decently?

In you guy's humble opinion. What's the best 4k TV for under 2k (we can possibly go a little bit over 2k) that's no bigger than 42 inches

In you guy's humble opinion. What's the best 4k TV for under 2k (we can possibly go a little bit over 2k) that's no bigger than 42 inches
You can have any TV 43 and under with a 2k budget ... probably multiple of them. At that size 43" probably the 800E ...

is 4k tv even worth it at 42"?

it's more understandable for a cpu monitor but for a tv, seems like a waste, no?

Why did you talk him out of it? What is he watching ? Where is the TV located? Does he play games?

He liked the picture quality on the B7 over the sammy, but it was too expensive. It was going in a small living room for movies and no video games.

To go bigger than 42 inch we would have to put the tv upstairs. Biggest we can go downstairs is 42 because of the tv cabinet.

I'd love a bigger TV honestly..

*edit

Hmm.

Maybe ima be like F it and get a 55 inch oled.

To go bigger than 42 inch we would have to put the tv upstairs. Biggest we can go downstairs is 42 because of the tv cabinet.

I'd love a bigger TV honestly..

*edit

Hmm.

Maybe ima be like F it and get a 55 inch oled.
Well for 2k that OLED is possible ..... the 43 800E is around 750 ...

So you have a good budget but there are no Tv's at that size that warrant that price. At 49 you are looking at a few options like the 900E and MU8000 once you go to a 55 or more then you have spend that money.

Everyone asking questions please go to rtings.com
They have in depth reviews on 95% of tv's with comparisons.

If you have a certain price limit...
A good way yo narrow is go to bestbuy.com. under tv's put in your price limit from highest to lowest. Find a couple tv's you like, and Google search or find it's review on rtings

Everyone asking questions please go to rtings.com
They have in depth reviews on 95% of tv's with comparisons.

If you have a certain price limit...
A good way yo narrow is go to bestbuy.com. under tv's put in your price limit from highest to lowest. Find a couple tv's you like, and Google search or find it's review on rtings
That's a good start, ultimately the best way to but a tv is by going to the store and looking at them.

Not everyone like the deeply blacks oled and strong contrast ... some like richer colors and or brighter picture etc....

this ones pretty cool but I'd probably still prefers LGs wallpaper tv

not really a question about 4k tvs but would a 2k monitor be good for pcs? whats the general consensus on 2k monitors

Back
Top Bottom