Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

Just copped my 3rd OLED... 65 inch C8. Gave my mom my old 65 inch E6 and I bought a 55 inch B7 when I moved out here last year. Will be very glad to have another 65 inch... soon as I figure out when my next day off will be so I can get it delivered. $1,400 @ Conn's if you can find one, they are going quick. I bought the floor model but made sure there was no burn in, still have 1 year manufactures warranty. I paid $2,400 for my E6, also floor model but at Best Buy. At this rate I feel like I will have to gram the 77 C9 if I ever see it go on clearance for low enough ($2,500-3k) next year.
This summer I got all into home theater and upgraded my old Samsung to a 65 C8 (copped from BeachCamera for $1600 brand new). Been slowly putting together my setup, and here is the final result. Should've upgraded sooner, this TV is :wow:

IMG_20190714_192133.jpg

Grills off just for fun.
IMG_20190714_192220.jpg

Setup:
65" LG C8
Marantz SR6013
C- Klipsch RP 504C
L/R- RP 8000
Surrounds- R41M
Monolith 12" THX Ultra

Nice, I actually used to work for Circuit City, many moons ago... was the top salesman in the Home Theater dept, so I always have to have a decent TV and surround sound. People always skimp on the sound... makes such a huge difference. I would like to upgrade to some Atmos floorstanding speakers soon, probably gonna go with Klipsch since there really aren't too many options.

Also if you're gonna get a TCL, get the 6 series, it's only $500 for the 50 inch. RTings best rated TV for that size and budget.

Nice, I actually used to work for Circuit City, many moons ago... was the top salesman in the Home Theater dept, so I always have to have a decent TV and surround sound. People always skimp on the sound... makes such a huge difference. I would like to upgrade to some Atmos floorstanding speakers soon, probably gonna go with Klipsch since there really aren't too many options.
I've been doing my homework, and eventually want to go atmos but my understanding for the best atmos is: in ceiling>on ceiling>>>heights>>>>>>>>>>upfiring.

I wanna say the best part of the upgrade has been the bass. If you can get an above average to great sub, it makes a world of difference. Explosions are legit shaking the house and couch.

Get an extended warranty if you're worried... but I've already heard good things about TCL in the past few years.

As for in ceiling speakers... I actually have a really dope stereo MartinLogan speaker I bought years ago and never installed... but I can't because I live in an apartment, so the floor standers with upfiring speakers will have to do until I buy a house. I haven't even hooked up my sub in the past year. :frown:

So... got my TV delivered on Monday, and when I'm on a mostly red or yellow screen I see this.

20190916_190019.jpg

Panel is completely ruined thanks to the stupid *** store loop, why they still do this with these types of TVs I'll never understand.

Anyway LGs customer service is legit... put in my repair claim yesterday (said there were 2 dead pixels on the bottom right side of the TV), they contacted my this morning and the repairman is coming tomorrow with the new panel that will be installed by noon!

Actually found some pics of the repair...

20190919_120558.jpg

20190919_120938.jpg

slaughterx slaughterx Why you buying display model my G? :nerd::nerd::nerd:

All jokes aside, repair man looks like a real one who got the job done. :smokin:smokin:smokin

Display models are usually licks, I got my 65E6P for $2,400 down from 4Gs a couple years ago, display model @ Best Buy and it had no burn in at all, never had a problem with it.

Repair guy said LG is the only company that still does in home repair, and he just replaced a panel from a 2 year old set out of warranty for free. I will definitely continue to buy LG OLEDs, with out extended warranties.

Also Samsung is finally entering the OLED TV game with QOLED

I know this is a TV thread but anyone planning on buying an UST laser projector? Setting aside a rainy day fun to buy one once I get a house. The LG CineBeam has great reviews. Hoping it doesn’t cost anywhere near 6k in a couple years

This summer I got all into home theater and upgraded my old Samsung to a 65 C8 (copped from BeachCamera for $1600 brand new). Been slowly putting together my setup, and here is the final result. Should've upgraded sooner, this TV is :wow:

IMG_20190714_192133.jpg

Grills off just for fun.
IMG_20190714_192220.jpg

Setup:
65" LG C8
Marantz SR6013
C- Klipsch RP 504C
L/R- RP 8000
Surrounds- R41M
Monolith 12" THX Ultra
:tongue:uff Try moving each tower all the way to the corner both slightly tilted inward to the couch listening position, and moving your sub were your R tower is currently. You are cutting your surround front stage in half with your current set up.

I've been doing my homework, and eventually want to go atmos but my understanding for the best atmos is: in ceiling>on ceiling>>>heights>>>>>>>>>>upfiring.

I wanna say the best part of the upgrade has been the bass. If you can get an above average to great sub, it makes a world of difference. Explosions are legit shaking the house and couch.
In-ceiling speakers deliver the best Dolby Atmos experience by far. My guests are blown away when the hear helicopters fly over, thunder from overhead, and rain falling into the room. I have 4 Atmos in-ceiling speakers that go unnoticed by my friends until I tell them.

:tongue:uff Try moving each tower all the way to the corner both slightly tilted inward to the couch listening position, and moving your sub were your R tower is currently. You are cutting your surround front stage in half with your current set up.

I'll see what I can do. I snuck in a small table in the left most corner since I've set up so I'll have to make some rearrangements.

2 questions about my new TV. Vizio Quantum M Series. Not sure if anyone here has that TV or just might be able to help.

1. Damn dog chewed the back cover of the remote. I think I found replacement remotes (XRT136 is the model) on Amazon for like $8, but I'm wondering if there is a better "universal" remote I should buy instead? Or preferable to just stick with the OEM remote?

2. Is there a way to update the software interface? It did a bunch of updating during setup, but the interface is still kind of slow (at least compared to my Nvidia Shield). Not sure if this is a function of the actual hardware / processing or what, but it'd be nicer if it was quicker.

Doubt a budget TV is going to have the processing power that would rival most set top.boxes, let alone something like the Shield. For $8 I would stick with the factory remote, unless there is an app you can use, in which case I wouldn't bother.

i have the logitech harmony 665 universal remote and love it, they have an app/program you download to make set-up super easy

my set-up isnt the most complicated though but it works well for me

before that i used the last gen version, i never, ever used the oem remote for a good decade now

So my Vizio is kinda ****ed from the latest update. It defaults to a blank screen when you turn it on, and you can only get to Netflix via the button. Can't even get to YouTube TV, without a complete factory reset.

Any tips? Contact Vizio I guess?

So my Vizio is kinda ****ed from the latest update. It defaults to a blank screen when you turn it on, and you can only get to Netflix via the button. Can't even get to YouTube TV, without a complete factory reset.

Any tips? Contact Vizio I guess?
My sister's Vizio was acting up the day I set it up for her. Everytime I tried to open the youtube app the screen went completely blank, and I couldn't get the screen back unless I turned it off and on again.

Good luck.

My sister's Vizio was acting up the day I set it up for her. Everytime I tried to open the youtube app the screen went completely blank, and I couldn't get the screen back unless I turned it off and on again.

Good luck.

Still dealing with it. This mofo is possessed. Turns itself on 2-3x per night. I wake up to piss and turn it off, then it's on again when I wake up for work.

The volume is also ****ed up. You have to go into settings and turn it off/on to get it back to normal.

I'd return if I still could. Should've bought it somewhere other than best buy I guess

Still dealing with it. This mofo is possessed. Turns itself on 2-3x per night. I wake up to piss and turn it off, then it's on again when I wake up for work.

The volume is also ****ed up. You have to go into settings and turn it off/on to get it back to normal.

I'd return if I still could. Should've bought it somewhere other than best buy I guess
Damn. I would've returned the TV the first week.

Back
Top Bottom