Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

If you want an oled then you should get it from Best Buy with their protection plan. It covers burn in.

OLED (LG C8 ) owner here, and I use it primarily for gaming and some 4k movies here and there. No burn in whatsoever. Not sure how much truth there is to it, but I think LG and other TV manufacturers caught on to this and try their best to mitigate this issue as opposed to the first iterations of OLED screens.

Not sure it applies in this instance or if it even matters, but I had an LG G6 a few years ago (LCD screen). That thing got burn in probably a little less than a year into using it. I now have a OnePlus 6 (for the last 2 years just about) which has an AMOLED screen. I've had that on static screens very often, and it has no burn in at all.

All I can say is I've had a great experience with OLED's.

Last edited:
I’ve had my LG B7A for about 2 years and there is slight burn in from ESPN/PTI tickers. Pixel refresh didn’t have any effect.

It doesn’t impact picture quality but I’d be lying if I said it hasn’t impacted MY viewing experience. Others don’t see it but I know it’s there and I tend to focus on the affected pixels.

I’ve had OLED and QLED and strongly prefer OLED (even with the risk of burn in). Next purchase will be a UST projector maybe next year.

but in all serioussness, vizio entering the oled race this year is a game changer, prices are going to drop immensely and there isnt a better time to try it if you can wait a little bit, not exactly sure when they come out

I'd stay away from Vizio as they aren't anywhere near as decent as they used to be. TCL are a far better, budget/value TV.

Also I understand your concern with OLED TVs and if that's the case then a budget/value Vizio TV would be a huge no-no.

its not just getting a vizio but the snowball effect of other oleds going down in price is the big impact

does tcl offer oled yet?

you goofed, shoulda got the TCL when it was on sale...

Samsung TU8000 Crystal UHD 4K UHD Smart TV

1. Samsung TU8000 Crystal UHD 4K UHD Smart TV

$750 for a 65 inch.

Damn, not alot of info out there for this tv
9zy7x0_th.png
It's a little cheaper than the NU8000 model (good model) but I assume the specs are close to that one

I just looked microleds up. If it can indeed provide the contrast of oleds but the brightness of leds, with twice the longevityoof the oled (because their diodes aren't organic), then the microled will most certainly be my next pickup.

It sounds like the hangup right now is just trying to figure out to mass produce it as cheaply as possible so it can be sold at an affordable price to consumers.

I got to say, I LOVE MY Oled for sure but I miss the brightness of an led. When I visited my sister and peeped the brightness of her TV, I was thrown off by the brightness because I had forgotten how bright tvs can get.

Being able to enjoy brightness and contrast is a game changer. For one thing, it will let me be able to watch more TV in a bright room. Unless I'm watching sports or cartoons, mostly I have to keep the lights off. Dark scenes in a bright room gets a lot of glare.

Last edited:
Well you can be brave and get the tcl version. I'll def be waiting on sony to come out with a micro led platform.

Unfortunately I'm in need of a tv. And 1k for a 65 900f is very hard to pass up, especially when a 65 oled is more than double that price. 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

Ah, don't get me wrong. I'm not in any need for a new TV anytime soon. But when that day comes I'll definitely look into the microled. Unless by that time there's a newer technology, then I will look into that 🤷‍♂️

Gonna be a min before commercial microleds are actually affordable.

also TCL doesnt have a microled TV out, they have miniled, which is not the same thing...

they are currently developing one, which wont be cheap.

Last edited:
Between now and when the PS5 comes out, I will be doing my research and then purchase a tv.

When it comes to a tv for gaming, what are the most important things to look for?

Back
Top Bottom