Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

You aren’t getting any steals. Those are low to mid-tier models at best. If general viewing on a big display is all you care about then its a good deal. But if you already have a high-end set then you will definitely notice the drop off in picture quality. Either you’ll try to convince yourself it doesn’t bother you or end up returning it.

Always check Rtings.com and Reddit for a review before buying. I checked reviews for the Samsung RU9000 and LG UN8570 and they are generally ok sets. Be prepared for uneven black levels.

ratings is a very good reference point. also, https://lcdtvbuyingguide.com/lcdtvreviews/reviews.shtml. those sites never failed to recommend great sets.

Just picked a Samsung 75" Q60 from amazon. They had it on sale yesterday for &1100 so I pulled the trigger.

Am I a terrible person for thinking that I should have gotten the 82"? #FirstWorldProblems

Just picked a Samsung 75" Q60 from amazon. They had it on sale yesterday for &1100 so I pulled the trigger.

Am I a terrible person for thinking that I should have gotten the 82"? #FirstWorldProblems
Should’ve got the 82” no ever buys a tv and “wished” they went smaller

bigger is not always better. the Q60 from the reviews is average at best. as far as purchasing TV is concerned, picture quality is always top priority followed by refresh rate (above 120hz the better), oled panel, UI, Apps, price, then size. the only reason that I would go past 55 inch is when 8K streaming is already available. as far as branding, my top 3 brands would be, PANASONIC, SONY, LG.

Not paying for 120hz at the prices they're going.

Unless I wait and maybe get one for a good price on BF.

120hz would be the standard. I wouldn't buy anything with a 60hz panel regardless if it's 60 inch or higher. the only use I have for a 60hz is a monitor for exclusive productivity use for computer work, even that would still be pulling it considering that 75hz is now the new low for monitors. it is just not a good buy especially for sports or fast paced action. bigger is not always better. I'd rather keep the money and wait a valued purchase.

Best buy has $100 off on oleds through the weekend

i’ll be grabbing the Vizio Oled

sounds like a good buy especially for oled tv price. although I have my sights on the A8H since it seems more reliable and stable. til the kinks on the Vizio gets fixed, I have my reservations. too bad the LG right now seems to have some overheating issues. have to wait for LG to fix it.

sounds like a good buy especially for oled tv price. although I have my sights on the A8H since it seems more reliable and stable. til the kinks on the Vizio gets fixed, I have my reservations. too bad the LG right now seems to have some overheating issues. have to wait for LG to fix it.
seems like the latest firmware update fixed most of the issues. Will also upgrade to the new Vizio elevate sound bar which is made to fit right into the oled's stand. Been in the Vizio ecosystem for the last few generations and don't have too many complaints, especially for the price.

Last edited:
BestBuy app lets you preview a TV image in your desired area so you could choose the right size

20201008_230204.jpg

seems like the latest firmware update fixed most of the issues. Will also upgrade to the new Vizio elevate sound bar which is made to fit right into the oled's stand. Been in the Vizio ecosystem for the last few generations and don't have too many complaints, especially for the price.

Couldn't do the A8H with zero 2.1 hdmi ports. For the PS5, it was either the Vizio or the CX. 3-$400 price difference was enough for me to lean Vizio easily

I've heard good things with the Vizio brand considering they are one of the few companies that still do the full-array panel and great PQ. hope they would fix the bug since I'm really saving for an OLED TV for the longest time and I can't pull the trigger since my only acceptable price tag for them is nothing above $1k. they are still overpriced considering there are great tv's under. just wanting to have that Plasma feel quality again (blackness) which has a ridiculous refresh rate, and unfortunately high power consumption and heat.

Best buy has $100 off on oleds through the weekend

i’ll be grabbing the Vizio Oled

I can’t decide between QLED and OLED. OLEDs are quite a bit nicer in terms of color but are also significantly more expensive. I can’t seem to figure out which is better for gaming though.

I can’t decide between QLED and OLED. OLEDs are quite a bit nicer in terms of color but are also significantly more expensive. I can’t seem to figure out which is better for gaming though.

anything with a higher refresh rate or better lag input so it's either. OLED if you want more pop in the colors due to it's blackness quality, the QLED is close. I have a QLED monitor btw. my only complaint with QLED or only LED type screen is the washed out whites which kills the details on those areas and blacks as well. other than that, QLED is excellent and OLED is other-worldly.

anything with a higher refresh rate or better lag input so it's either. OLED if you want more pop in the colors due to it's blackness quality, the QLED is close. I have a QLED monitor btw. my only complaint with QLED or only LED type screen is the washed out whites which kills the details on those areas and blacks as well. other than that, QLED is excellent and OLED is other-worldly.

Awesome, thank you so much for this info! I’m using an 8+ year old plasma rn so I’m due for a much needed upgrade haha

I've been in the same dilemma. Essentially, Qled will be brighter and give you higher peak brightness with HDR. If the tv is in a bright room id lean towards Qled. You really can't go wrong with either. You'll also see less reflections on the screen. The tradeoff is less contrast, no perfect blacks, and overall size of the Oled being slimmer.

I'm choosing OLED because I've been using qled for sometime now and ready for the upgrade in tech. Looking forward to more contrast, as the tv will be used primariliy for movies and tv shows + some gaming on ps5. The brightness might be a concern but apparently the Vizio is reaching the 700 nit range which should be sufficient for my setup.

I've been in the same dilemma. Essentially, Qled will be brighter and give you higher peak brightness with HDR. If the tv is in a bright room id lean towards Qled. You really can't go wrong with either. You'll also see less reflections on the screen. The tradeoff is less contrast, no perfect blacks, and overall size of the Oled being slimmer.

I'm choosing OLED because I've been using qled for sometime now and ready for the upgrade in tech. Looking forward to more contrast, as the tv will be used primariliy for movies and tv shows + some gaming on ps5. The brightness might be a concern but apparently the Vizio is reaching the 700 nit range which should be sufficient for my setup.

700 nit is very good. for me, I find brightness to be disturbing like ghosting and bleeding.

Awesome, thank you so much for this info! I’m using an 8+ year old plasma rn so I’m due for a much needed upgrade haha

well definitely, although I've been missing that Plasma picture quality and refresh rate since 2013. it's so amazing watching movies on that Panasonic Plasma TV.

well definitely, although I've been missing that Plasma picture quality and refresh rate since 2013. it's so amazing watching movies on that Panasonic Plasma TV.

hahaha I actually have a 2012 Panasonic 3D (remember that?) plasma.. I will say, picture quality is still fantastic for such an old set.

hahaha I actually have a 2012 Panasonic 3D (remember that?) plasma.. I will say, picture quality is still fantastic for such an old set.

lemme guess, E60? that's the one I had and had that 3D feature with the electronic glasses. too bad the power board on my set died and couldn't find a replacement part for it. it's practically the tv set that got me truly choosy when purchasing tvs and made me a Panasonic tv follower. too bad I can't afford their Panasonic OLED. it's one of my mad purchase wishlist when I get atleast $10k extra.

Back
Top Bottom