Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

lemme guess, E60? that's the one I had and had that 3D feature with the electronic glasses. too bad the power board on my set died and couldn't find a replacement part for it. it's practically the tv set that got me truly choosy when purchasing tvs and made me a Panasonic tv follower. too bad I can't afford their Panasonic OLED. it's one of my mad purchase wishlist when I get atleast $10k extra.

sorry, my mistake. that's my Panasonic LED replacement after the Plasmas were discontinued. I think it's the ST30?

lemme guess, E60? that's the one I had and had that 3D feature with the electronic glasses. too bad the power board on my set died and couldn't find a replacement part for it. it's practically the tv set that got me truly choosy when purchasing tvs and made me a Panasonic tv follower. too bad I can't afford their Panasonic OLED. it's one of my mad purchase wishlist when I get atleast $10k extra.

haha actually I have the TC-P50UT50

CEDC3D53-D8A9-4631-B6BE-FBB85B0840FC.png

Someone school me on the whole refreshe rate/hz thing before I see some tvs say 120hz but then there's something like 120hz CMI and then I have seen others just say 120hz.

You want a TV with VRR variable refresh rate, not just 120hrz motion plus or whatever they call it... which have been around forever and offer no real advantages.

You want a TV with VRR variable refresh rate, not just 120hrz motion plus or whatever they call it... which have been around forever and offer no real advantages.

This one says it has VRR.

Amazon product ASIN B07NC9XWG5
I'm getting the ps5 launch day so I'll see if I pick this one up by then or just hold off until Black Friday and just not play the ps5 until then.

Bend_The_Knee Bend_The_Knee Your best bet is to read reviews from rtings.com. They have a table where you can add columns and filter based on the criteria you are looking for: https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/table/30842

They give scores for gaming, movies, etc. for each set. Like others said, I’d avoid 60hz at all costs but your budget is your budget. TCL has been getting solid reviews as a budget-friendly option. Good deals for previous model OLEDs can be had if you are patient and search. You’ll still be paying 1k for 55in which is nearly almost 50% of original retail.

Someone school me on the whole refreshe rate/hz thing before I see some tvs say 120hz but then there's something like 120hz CMI and then I have seen others just say 120hz.

as solefunk suggested, go to rtings.com. usually they are accurate on telling which sets are really atleast 120hz. it is really tricky considering the marketing being done nowadays by companies are not telling their real refresh rates. typically, some that are saying theirs is 240hz motion is really 120hz, and so forth and so on. however, it is not that difficult to identify once you know what to look for. I would avoid your typical bestbuy salesperson doing the pitch as majority don't know what they are talking about. in my years of going to bestbuy eveywhere, I have 5 really good people working there that knew what they are selling and give some logical purchases. in some other electronic stores, I have encountered some that sells you garbage.

Sony OLEDs are usually over priced... but this price is reasonable. If it's less than the LG I'd so go for it... they both use the same panel but Sony TVs usually have more image processing, which has both its pros and cons.

Sony OLEDs are usually over priced... but this price is reasonable. If it's less than the LG I'd so go for it... they both use the same panel but Sony TVs usually have more image processing, which has both its pros and cons.
What's a con to more image processing?

with theaters likely never going to be the same ever again, imma need to heavily invest in a movie theater den or something

gon keep my eyes peeled for the LG WX to go on sale

I always go Samsung for the living room.

Vizio for the bedroom.

But came up a few months back on a Samsung 4k 42 inch for the bed room.

Am I being a brand snob or is someone doing it better then Samsung?

Also, the 4k is amazing when you first get it it but it wears off after a while.

Is that just me?

Vizio for the bedroom.

Also, the 4k is amazing when you first get it it but it wears off after a while.

Is that just me?

I think Sony>Samsung. My friend has an old 1080p Sony that looks damn near 4K that switched me over. Got the folks one last year and it looks great.

My tv has Dolbyvision/HDR and I still get excited over thevideo quality

I think Sony>Samsung. My friend has an old 1080p Sony that looks damn near 4K that switched me over. Got the folks one last year and it looks great.

My tv has Dolbyvision/HDR and I still get excited over thevideo quality

Agree with you here on the Sony > Samsung. I'm not a Samsung fan for a few reasons, but I'd say Sony > LG > ... > Samsung. There are a lot of good budget brands out there. TCL makes super decent TVs. Samsung for me just costs too much for what I feel LG and Sony can produce much better.

Vizio for the bedroom.

Is that just me?

not really. I would say it's because they are a proven brand, that's all. Sony has been a pioneer with tv. toshiba for some reason has fallen from grace. Vizio is underrated, they are practically the Samsung of old that uses full-array led. if you want a common LED TV, always look for something with a FULL-ARRAY BACKLIT. LG somehow slowly built up it's reputation. buy my heart always goes for Panasonic. they colors on those are just fantastic.

How is this? I have the PS5 pre ordered so it's time for me to upgrade my 1080P tv. Everyone is recommending me to get the LG C9
I bought the A8H about a month ago after looking at the c9 and cx also.

I'm getting the ps5 too, but I'm not too concerned about this tv not having hdmi 2.1 since I dont think we're gonna see 4k 120 games anytime soon. (This tv will still do 1080 at 120). It is missing other gaming features though, so if that is your main concern then go with the LG.

I just wanted the best picture quality and I'm very happy with it so far. Recently upgraded to a 4k cable box and being able to watch sports in 4k is incredible.

$2k is a lot for a tv, just keep doing research to make sure you get something you're gonna be happy with. It took me like 5 months to finally pull the trigger.

I bought the A8H about a month ago after looking at the c9 and cx also.

I'm getting the ps5 too, but I'm not too concerned about this tv not having hdmi 2.1 since I dont think we're gonna see 4k 120 games anytime soon. (This tv will still do 1080 at 120). It is missing other gaming features though, so if that is your main concern then go with the LG.

I just wanted the best picture quality and I'm very happy with it so far. Recently upgraded to a 4k cable box and being able to watch sports in 4k is incredible.

$2k is a lot for a tv, just keep doing research to make sure you get something you're gonna be happy with. It took me like 5 months to finally pull the trigger.

I dunno exactly when we would get 4k 120 gaming, but we have only started to implement 4K gaming in general. although it is nice to have HDMI 2.1 for future-proofing if you are willing to use your tv for 10 years. but I believe by that time, OLED might be obsolete by then or have gone down under $1k with better processing and refresh rates. 4K gaming on TV is still at it's infancy imo. also, I haven't bought a TV around $2k yet. the most I bought for one is around $1k and are typically open box special. thinking about it, 1080p for tvs is practically just around 10 years old and held up pretty well. it really depends nowadays how manufacturers would market on 4k tvs or very much go much higher than that. so there's really no future-proofing and it's better just buy what you want or need now and just think about upgrading when you feel like it.

Back
Top Bottom