Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

How does the LG E8 hold up to what’s offered today?
FWIW I have a B7 and CX. The CX quality does look better and has a couple extra features (like Air Play which is clutch) but the B7 still looks very good.

If this is your first OLED then I definitely recommend picking up an older model to save some money. But if you need HDMI 2.1 for gaming then you need to go with the _Xs.

Is the picture quality between hdmi 2.0 and 2.1 that big?

For most content, picture quality will have more to do with the type of panel and processor being used.

Hdmi 2.1 basically has more bandwidth so it can handle 8k and 10k resolutions and higher frame rates. We won't have a ton of 8k content anytime soon (or even 4k 120fps), so I personally don't think 2.1 is a huge deal unless you are a hard-core gamer.

There are bunch of YouTube vids the discussing the benefits of 2.1. To me, its just future proofing for content that isn't really available right now.

FWIW I have a B7 and CX. The CX quality does look better and has a couple extra features (like Air Play which is clutch) but the B7 still looks very good.

If this is your first OLED then I definitely recommend picking up an older model to save some money. But if you need HDMI 2.1 for gaming then you need to go with the _Xs.

I have had the E8 since it came out just wondering if there had been any major advances in technology since then.

I’m not a huge gamer anymore so HDMI 2.1 not a big deal.

Still happy with the TV. Love seeing the HDR or Dolby Vision logo pop up in the corner when I turn a show on.

I have had the E8 since it came out just wondering if there had been any major advances in technology since then.

I’m not a huge gamer anymore so HDMI 2.1 not a big deal.

Still happy with the TV. Love seeing the HDR or Dolby Vision logo pop up in the corner when I turn a show on.

I'd say there isn't really much other than image processing, App support and wireless upgrade features. to be honest they are looking at other potential replacement for oled which I think are still in it's infancy. so I wouldn't worry about it. I say so far, TV upgrading has pretty much around 5-10 years which should be good enough IMO. I think we are way past that 20 year longevity period that TVs were. it's kinda funny when 4K first came out and they cost around $20k and 1080p cost around $5k, now you can have both for under $1k. the only thing that remained consistent for a very long time as far as pricing goes are the OLED TVs which are around $2k. it is only now that we are getting somewhere less than that.

on the otherhand, how is your E8 as far as burn-in is concerned? any problems?

So if I don't have hdmi 2.1 for the ps5 I won't be getting 100 percent out of it? I wouldn't call myself a hardcore gamer but I do plan on getting the ps5

I'd say there isn't really much other than image processing, App support and wireless upgrade features. to be honest they are looking at other potential replacement for oled which I think are still in it's infancy. so I wouldn't worry about it. I say so far, TV upgrading has pretty much around 5-10 years which should be good enough IMO. I think we are way past that 20 year longevity period that TVs were. it's kinda funny when 4K first came out and they cost around $20k and 1080p cost around $5k, now you can have both for under $1k. the only thing that remained consistent for a very long time as far as pricing goes are the OLED TVs which are around $2k. it is only now that we are getting somewhere less than that.

on the otherhand, how is your E8 as far as burn-in is concerned? any problems?

No burn-in issues for me but I’m not playing video games often.

No burn-in issues for me but I’m not playing video games often.
That’s good to hear. Just talked to my dad and his B7 is showing burn in too smh. He watches a lot of news channels so I’m not surprised. My burn in is from PTI on ESPN which I only watched 2-3 times a week with a lot of other content in between. I started noticing it maybe 6-8 months after having the TV.

If you want to go for a previous run of LG OLEDs you might want to start with the 8s and up.

I'm sure these ****s will fly on the 11th. Will try to grab one for Moms, certainly an upgrade over her current setup
skip1.png

Looking for a 4K UHD set up myself to get ready for the PS5 on RD. Looking at the Samsung Class 7 65".

I bought the 55 inch H8f earlier this year for $350 . Android is a little slow; but beautiful pic for price point. I’m either going for that or a 5 or 6 series Tcl.

I read on both the 5 and 6 and neither have 120hz. 6 was my first choice.

I bought the 55 inch H8f earlier this year for $350 . Android is a little slow; but beautiful pic for price point. I’m either going for that or a 5 or 6 series Tcl.

I'm still skeptic about hisense. my fear with the brand is that it will not last that long and may break within a year or 2. the reason being was that in a showcase electronic store that I always frequent that sells lots of these tvs, have lots of screen problems. now I don't want to scare anybody, I'm just saying to be wary and would recommend having an extended insurance for replacement, just in case.

I've been curious about Nano-Cell and so far it is a good deal. not really a steal IMO but a good deal. if I may say, it's more like a Full-Array LED TV that typically Vizio and TCL implement in their affordable tvs. on the otherhand, having HDMI 2.1 is nice to have in a 4K 120hz tv. but Linus really got me thinking if I really want an awesome gaming tv.

Back
Top Bottom