Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

I kind of want that projector for my basement tv area. We had one a couple years ago but our basement was flood damaged, and never put another up. Been trying to decide on another projector (wall area can be 130"+) or just a nice big TV

It’s my goal to have a basement theater within the next 5 years. I’ve already decided to go the UST projector route based on better screen/price/performance ratio compared to good TVs 80+ inches.

Here’s a couple helpful review videos for the Vava:

Unless I come into some money my planned budget is 3k for projector and screen. Don’t need top of the line (4k native vs pixel shifting), just a decent, big picture.

Bestbuy has the 55" LG CX for $1399. Thinking about pulling the trigger. Thoughts?
Just bought the CX 65" from there for 1899 but got 3% cash back and $50 cash back from ibotta and also most LG tvs right now come with a free speaker from LG that's like $130 bucks just gotta fill out the reward thing on the LG website by Nov 23rd I think.

Strongly recommend getting an extended 2-3 year warranty that covers burn in. Peace of mind is worth the extra $300.

Just bought the CX 65" from there for 1899 but got 3% cash back and $50 cash back from ibotta and also most LG tvs right now come with a free speaker from LG that's like $130 bucks just gotta fill out the reward thing on the LG website by Nov 23rd I think.

My man. I wasn't aware of this and I just filled it out. Can't say no to anything free.

55 inch $900, sign in for discount

Make sure to calibrate

not sure if they fully resolve the bug issues on this tv. that is the one I'm concerned off before thinking of finally getting an OLED TV.

The RTINGS review says VRR is still jacked but I honestly didn't know it had the feature in the first place until I read the review. If they actually fix it then that would be great but I would just turn it off in the meantime.

Anyway the deal is dead now...

not sure if they fully resolve the bug issues on this tv. that is the one I'm concerned off before thinking of finally getting an OLED TV.
Latest firmware update solved all issues except for pc gaming if you planned on using it as a monitor. VRR is an LG panel issue unrelated to Vizio specifically so that will take longer to fix

The RTINGS review says VRR is still jacked but I honestly didn't know it had the feature in the first place until I read the review. If they actually fix it then that would be great but I would just turn it off in the meantime.

Anyway the deal is dead now...

just read your posts today. indeed the deal is gone. now BustBuy are disposing most of their old stock OLED models. I'll pass on those.

Latest firmware update solved all issues except for pc gaming if you planned on using it as a monitor. VRR is an LG panel issue unrelated to Vizio specifically so that will take longer to fix

Hmmmmm....quite difficult decision coz I'm planning half of it's usage for PC use.

Current setup, recently got a 65” Samsung Q70. Picture is amazing.

i have a question though.... I been having an issue with the Xbox where every time I set the display to 4K UHD the TV will have issues with the display and randomly cut off and say no HDMI detected.
Does anyone know if the issue is the actual HDMI cable? I haven’t swapped out the cable as the wires run behind the wall and would require taking the TV down entirely.
368CEDDD-325C-491A-9F30-A5B3C5F97B69.jpeg

Current setup, recently got a 65” Samsung Q70. Picture is amazing.

i have a question though.... I been having an issue with the Xbox where every time I set the display to 4K UHD the TV will have issues with the display and randomly cut off and say no HDMI detected.
Does anyone know if the issue is the actual HDMI cable? I haven’t swapped out the cable as the wires run behind the wall and would require taking the TV down entirely.
368CEDDD-325C-491A-9F30-A5B3C5F97B69.jpeg

you meant it just turns off whenever you set it to 4K UHD in the settings? try plugging the HDMI cable to the HDMI 2.1 port. not sure if you needed a cable replacement compatible with 2.1 type. if none of those 2 don't work, it could be a firmware issue.

you meant it just turns off whenever you set it to 4K UHD in the settings? try plugging the HDMI cable to the HDMI 2.1 port. not sure if you needed a cable replacement compatible with 2.1 type. if none of those 2 don't work, it could be a firmware issue.

The signal from the Xbox either cuts off while playing a game or Blu-ray or sometimes wont even come on when I power up the Xbox. The Tv goes to a black screen with a loading circle then says no signal detected.

Sometimes I'm not able to get the Xbox display back on the TV and have to go through the process of connecting the Xbox into my bedroom TV which is not 4K and revert the display settings on the Xbox back to 1080p. At that point I hook it back up to the living room Tv and it works fine again but only at 1080p. I hope that made sense.

Just bought and set up my 65 in LG Nanocell 85 series. When I tell you I’m in love. Watched the Mandalorian S2 E1 last night and was like :wow: “what the ****”. With PS5 coming Thursday and Iphone 12 Pro Max coming Friday I feel like a tech giant :lol:

Just bought and set up my 65 in LG Nanocell 85 series. When I tell you I’m in love. Watched the Mandalorian S2 E1 last night and was like :wow: “what the ****”. With PS5 coming Thursday and Iphone 12 Pro Max coming Friday I feel like a tech giant :lol:

I cant wait for my PS5 to get here and really put my Tv to the test. I'm having issues with my Xbox and the 4k settings now and want to get it a taken care of in time for when I get the Playstation.

also, do yourself a favor and get Gemini Man in 4K if you haven't already. You will get the full 4K Dolby Vision and 60fps which will really put your Tv to the test.

I cant wait for my PS5 to get here and really put my Tv to the test. I'm having issues with my Xbox and the 4k settings now and want to get it a taken care of in time for when I get the Playstation.

also, do yourself a favor and get Gemini Man in 4K if you haven't already. You will get the full 4K Dolby Vision and 60fps which will really put your Tv to the test.

Excited isn’t even the word man. I literally can not wait to play Miles Morales with Ray tracing and I NEED to see Devil May Cry 5 in 120 FPS even with it getting downgraded to 1080P. Think I’m gonna do my first playthrough in 4K/60FPS. I watched Gemini Man in theaters and it looked so crazy. Confident I can recreate that look with this huge *** TV. It’s on Netflix but I’m not sure what resolution regular Netflix provides. I believe they have an upgrade 4K package which I may look into now

Back
Top Bottom