anyone have any info on longboards? (skateboards)

I am looking into getting a longboard. Does anyone know about the length of the board, good brand, accessories, etc? I plan on just riding it from point A topoint B and carve for fun. Any suggestions?

Rob_Dyrdek_largest_skateboard.jpg

Just go to a skateshop, dude.

Length depends on your height/weight. The only way to find the right fit for you is to actually try out boards in person.

Most brands have their advantages and disadvantages. Sector 9 is pretty good.

Accessories aren't really needed. Safety stuff like helmets and kneepads (nh) are always suggested, but you don't need them. But, if you haven'tever skated, I'd recommend you use at least a helmet. They can save your life. The only thing that I'd actually recommend would be skating shoes (SBsare my personal favorite.) They provide superior support.

For a quality board, you should be paying at least $100. The nicer ones get into the $300s, and that's just average. If at all possible, I'd recommendtrying to buy someone's old one. It'll be cheaper and it'll already be worn in, so it won't have any kinks.

Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

long boards are wack get a skateboard.

For getting around? Not at all. Assuming that you don't live in an overly crowded place (e.g. Tokyo.)

Longboards are far superior to skateboards in that respect. The wheels tend to be larger and the trucks are more durable, so it's excellent fortransportation.

Skateboards aren't all too great for transportation. For them to really even be used for such, you'd want to have at least 50mm wheels. And anything48mm+ makes it 10x harder to pull off an ollie.

Although you do look like less of a dork on a skateboard. And there is much more variety when it comes to skateboards versus longboards. And they'recheaper.

But for beginners just looking to get around on something, longboard is definitely the way to go.

I quit when I broke my collarbone trying to bomb a hill. Landyachtz are fast, nice boards, Flexdex have probably the most durable boards I've ridden on,and loaded makes some nice ones too.

For bombing hills, loosen up the trucks and get a bigger wheel, so it's more stable. I was a noob, and had tight trucks, which gave me the speed wobbles.I'm done doing it though. For cruising, longboards are definitely the way to go. Get a skateboard if you want to do tricks as well, some people do trickson longboard, but it just looks stupid.

Back
Top Bottom