Anyone have any tips to quit smoking/drinking?

I have been trying to quit for 2 years now but my willpower sucks and I always relapse. Longest I have went without drinking is a few months, longest I've went without smoking (I smoke that loud) is like a month.
It's like I know in my mind that I need to quit but when It comes down to it I just give in and say FFUU it. I need some tips or something, thanks in advance. 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by eaalto

Originally Posted by xAiRMaXiNx

Just stop.

Pretty much.  Don't be weak.

Agreed. I gave up alcohol for lent and while its been difficult because I choose not to go out to avoid temptation of drinking it hasn't been crippling or anything. Don't be weak like the man above said....

cold turkey....reward yourself with the money you saved in a different manner than buying liquor or smokes

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

Originally Posted by eaalto

Originally Posted by xAiRMaXiNx

Just stop.

Pretty much.  Don't be weak.

Agreed. I gave up alcohol for lent and while its been difficult because I choose not to go out to avoid temptation of drinking it hasn't been crippling or anything. Don't be weak like the man above said....

its not that easy...

start doing what b smooth said or fap

you just gotta stop if you want to really stop and you cant put yourself in a situation where you're going to be tempted

I've never smoked nor drank...well maybe once, but I didn't like it
grin.gif
. But how is quitting from it so hard? Like is it in comparison if I had to quit eating hot cheetos(my favorite snack)?

i used to go out to the bars/clubs and get really drunk way too often...wake up the next day feeling like crap and would feel like crap the whole day literally.

i still drink, but i'm starting to chill out on that behavior...it's an eye opener when you go to the bar sober and see how stupid drunk people act
smh.gif

imo, i'd say maybe you don't need to cut out the drinking all together, but just chill out on it.

My dad ate lots of snacks when he was craving for a smoke, just do that...

and exercise if you get fat.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

i used to go out to the bars/clubs and get really drunk way too often...wake up the next day feeling like crap and would feel like crap the whole day literally.

i still drink, but i'm starting to chill out on that behavior...it's an eye opener when you go to the bar sober and see how stupid drunk people act
smh.gif

imo, i'd say maybe you don't need to cut out the drinking all together, but just chill out on it.

yep it sucks, you feel like a bum all day

Look at your bank account(s), and imagine the money you could be saving by switching...

Replace smoking and drinking with a healthy lifestyle.

Spend your time eating and drinking healthy. Work on making yourself better mentally and physically and you will actually develop a distaste for putting poisons into your body.

OP get one of those e-cigarette things - it will help you slowly quite smoking at least that what helped my dad.

Back
Top Bottom