Anyone hear of Musicians Institute in LA?

Joined May 4, 2009
Looking into possibly going there after I finish "real" college". Anyone hear anything about that place? I'd be going to learn music software production and engineering. 

Joined Jul 4, 2007
My cousin is looking into it...

If you wanna go into software and engineering I think they have better schools down in LA...SAE, LA Recording Institute..and probably some more that I can't think of right now...

Joined Oct 1, 2006
My boy goes there and i toured the recording studios + sat in my boys guitar classes...ask me some questions and i'll do my best to answer them...

Joined Jul 10, 2005
At Musician's Institue, it's a much more music-driven degree program.

SAE is a more engineering-driven certificate program than MI is.

I looked into these two schools a few years ago, but for some reason, I just said "!@#$ it" and headed out to Florida to go to Full Sail.

No lie, best #$^@in' time of my life.

But what exactly are you looking into more? Music? Or Engineering? Pick one.

The path you wanna take will yield different results in which school you should really be looking to attend to.

Joined May 4, 2009
Originally Posted by RHYTHMentality

I looked into these two schools a few years ago, but for some reason, I just said "!@#$ it" and headed out to Florida to go to Full Sail.

The path you wanna take will yield different results in which school you should really be looking to attend to.

I wanna produce (make beats) and record my own albums (rap). And how is full sail? although I'd prefer Cali/NYC/Toronto. 
ILLIONAIRE wrote:[hr][/hr]You're better off being born with the talent of being a Musician.

I want a school for the technical skills, i know talent can't be learned. Don't worry, i have that part on lock. 

Joined Oct 1, 2006
Originally Posted by mcnoodlez

I wanna produce (make beats) and record my own albums (rap). And how is full sail? although I'd prefer Cali/NYC/Toronto. 
If you wanna produce...you will need to know you're **!@ as far as theory and chords etc...and if you don't know those you won't get into MI and will fail instantly...those classes are no joke...

Joined May 4, 2009
Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

If you wanna produce...you will need to know you're **!@ as far as theory and chords etc...and if you don't know those you won't get into MI and will fail instantly...those classes are no joke...
word, well I'm looking to learn that music theory as well. 

Joined Oct 1, 2006

i'd say hire a private teacher to teach you theory then go into MI and you will be good...they expect you to already know it at that school...i sat in on a few classes and was lost, so it would definitely be beneficial to be prepared...

Joined May 4, 2009

i'd say hire a private teacher to teach you theory then go into MI and you will be good...they expect you to already know it at that school...i sat in on a few classes and was lost, so it would definitely be beneficial to be prepared...
yeah, that's what I think I'll do. I'm so sick of my current college, but I know that if I graduate my fam won't have any issue with me moving to LA to pursue music. 

Joined Oct 1, 2006

yeah, that's what I think I'll do. I'm so sick of my current college, but I know that if I graduate my fam won't have any issue with me moving to LA to pursue music. 
that's the correct route my man...at least you will have your degree to fall back on...and in the meantime you can learn theory etc...and get prepared for MI

Joined May 4, 2009

that's the correct route my man...at least you will have your degree to fall back on...and in the meantime you can learn theory etc...and get prepared for MI
figured, just have to suck it up for another 1.5 years though...guess it's time to stack up money and prepare my self musically... 

Joined Jul 4, 2007
I went to Ex'Pression College out here in the Bay Area...Graduated with a degree, I get 8 hrs of studio time a month for the rest of my life

But Full Sail is probably the most recognized audio school out there...

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now