Anyone hear of Musicians Institute in LA?

Looking into possibly going there after I finish "real" college". Anyone hear anything about that place? I'd be going to learn music software production and engineering. 

My cousin is looking into it...

If you wanna go into software and engineering I think they have better schools down in LA...SAE, LA Recording Institute..and probably some more that I can't think of right now...

My boy goes there and i toured the recording studios + sat in my boys guitar classes...ask me some questions and i'll do my best to answer them...

At Musician's Institue, it's a much more music-driven degree program.

SAE is a more engineering-driven certificate program than MI is.

I looked into these two schools a few years ago, but for some reason, I just said "!@#$ it" and headed out to Florida to go to Full Sail.

No lie, best #$^@in' time of my life.
laugh.gif

But what exactly are you looking into more? Music? Or Engineering? Pick one.

The path you wanna take will yield different results in which school you should really be looking to attend to.

Originally Posted by RHYTHMentality

I looked into these two schools a few years ago, but for some reason, I just said "!@#$ it" and headed out to Florida to go to Full Sail.

laugh.gif

The path you wanna take will yield different results in which school you should really be looking to attend to.

I wanna produce (make beats) and record my own albums (rap). And how is full sail? although I'd prefer Cali/NYC/Toronto. 
ILLIONAIRE wrote:
You're better off being born with the talent of being a Musician.

I want a school for the technical skills, i know talent can't be learned. Don't worry, i have that part on lock. 

Originally Posted by mcnoodlez

laugh.gif

I wanna produce (make beats) and record my own albums (rap). And how is full sail? although I'd prefer Cali/NYC/Toronto. 
If you wanna produce...you will need to know you're **!@ as far as theory and chords etc...and if you don't know those you won't get into MI and will fail instantly...those classes are no joke...

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

laugh.gif

If you wanna produce...you will need to know you're **!@ as far as theory and chords etc...and if you don't know those you won't get into MI and will fail instantly...those classes are no joke...
word, well I'm looking to learn that music theory as well. 

laugh.gif

i'd say hire a private teacher to teach you theory then go into MI and you will be good...they expect you to already know it at that school...i sat in on a few classes and was lost, so it would definitely be beneficial to be prepared...

laugh.gif

i'd say hire a private teacher to teach you theory then go into MI and you will be good...they expect you to already know it at that school...i sat in on a few classes and was lost, so it would definitely be beneficial to be prepared...
yeah, that's what I think I'll do. I'm so sick of my current college, but I know that if I graduate my fam won't have any issue with me moving to LA to pursue music. 

laugh.gif

yeah, that's what I think I'll do. I'm so sick of my current college, but I know that if I graduate my fam won't have any issue with me moving to LA to pursue music. 
that's the correct route my man...at least you will have your degree to fall back on...and in the meantime you can learn theory etc...and get prepared for MI

laugh.gif

that's the correct route my man...at least you will have your degree to fall back on...and in the meantime you can learn theory etc...and get prepared for MI

figured, just have to suck it up for another 1.5 years though...guess it's time to stack up money and prepare my self musically... 

I went to Ex'Pression College out here in the Bay Area...Graduated with a degree, I get 8 hrs of studio time a month for the rest of my life
pimp.gif

But Full Sail is probably the most recognized audio school out there...

Back
Top Bottom