anyone heard of Flint, Michigan

whats the deal with this city.. is it rundown.. or a decent suburban spot.. how are house prices.. thanks in advance!

From what I know of Flint, it's pretty poor and dumpy.
Rent "Roger and Me" and see how GM screwed the city way back when.
It's sort of a forgotton city. Once on the up and coming and now just trashed.
No offense if you live there. That's just my take on it.
Used to hang at "The Bank" back in the day (87 to 90).
Do people still like living there ???
I'm sure the real estate market there is very very soft and you could probably get a massive house for under 100K easily.

and that girl on American Idol is from there I think.
What am I gonna do when the aliens come?​

Pretty much what he said
By the way, Im a GIRL, but does it really matter?

"Boy would you boss up and get this money"

From what i know Flint is run down big time, a lot of businesses shut down, and the city started to look like this

cfiles6196.jpg

cfiles17754.jpg

vfiles18343.jpg

cfiles17756.jpg

If youre asking this bc youre interested in moving there or something i wouldnt suggest it. i would check into Fenton. its about 25 minutes or so from Flint.
By the way, Im a GIRL, but does it really matter?

"Boy would you boss up and get this money"

Quote:
Rent "Roger and Me" and see how GM screwed the city way back when.

please don't.

haha, some parts look like those pictures. a lot of parts look like that. my neighborhood isn't bad, though. it looks like the average neighborhood in a city. there are a few things downtown now, but that area's mainly for government workers and students/faculty at um-flint. the east court/college-cultural area and the larger homes off ofmiller road are probably one of the best housing deals around if you are like me and have serious qualms with suburban life.

Quote:
you could probably get a massive house for under 100K easily
a kid in the flint school system, but there are some decent private schools in the area. it's not as bad as its portrayal in roger & me, but it's not on anybody's top 10 list of places to be/live.
hail to the victors, baby.

^ No matter what kind of renaissance is going on in Flint, the fact remains if you are thinking of buying there it is a poor investment. I'm not saying you are going ot lose money, but there are a million developing neighborhoods with in 30/45 minutes of Flint that are actually going to yeild some kind of return if you ever wish to sell... Not to metion you will be able to sell.
WTB: Nike Stab Footpatrol 1 & 2 11.5/12

. . . i think i said that. it's more a place to settle if it fits your lifestyle, definitely not a place for investment. there are definitely places to buy/build around that will turn a profit in a few years, although with the job situation becoming worse across the state, i would hesitate before buying a house almost anywhere in michigan if profit were the only thing on my mind.
hail to the victors, baby.

I heard of Flint Grey. He's a cool cat, I heard.....
flintgrey - team am famflintgreynt@gmail.com
myspace.com/flintgreynt

:lol:
laugh.gif
:rofl:
roll.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif

But those pix of Flint housing can be found in lots of areas.. Those pix aren't all Flint has to offer!

(The Flintstones) mateen cleaves, charlie bell, morris peterson, antonio smith.

Glen Rice

also Jim Abbott and Andre Rison are from Flint.

Back
Top Bottom