Anyone here in the Air Force?

Here lately I've really been considering joining but I need some advice. Does anyone have any experiences they would like to share?

I will be soon... I am about 80% sure I will enroll in August
pimp.gif

Ive been in 9 years and Ive enjoyed it. Make sure when u go to Meps u pick a good career field. Do not choose security forces or open general.

I'm in the air force and have been for 4 years, I am security forces and I'm headed back to Iraq next month for my third time. For those looking tojoin, stay away from security forces but do what u desire. If anyone has any questions feel free to pm me at anytime.

Originally Posted by Nktran001

I have been really looking into enrolling. Heard you had to be extra smart though?
You're most likely thinking of the Air Force Academy, which (I think) trains officers straight out of high school. You can join the AF and notgo to the AFA.

Was in the AF as Security Police, before it became Security Forces. Had a good time, but that was right after the first Desert Storm. I didn't have to goto the sand at all. Now, I hear its a whole different ball of wax.

Originally Posted by RevTommy34

Ive been in 9 years and Ive enjoyed it. Make sure when u go to Meps u pick a good career field. Do not choose security forces or open general.

whats security forces or open general like...

is it true air force offers law and enforcement classes or something like that
nerd.gif
, my professor was telling me something like that.

any it/computer related fields in af? also how likely are you able to stay close to home?

^ lots of it/computer jobs, but the chances of staying close to home are extremely slim... You fill out your "dream sheet" with the bases you'dlike to be stationed at, but almost no one gets those bases.

Been in for six years. Go talk to a recruiter...things change everyday, they would have the most up to date info.

Air Force 14yrs, I'm in the IT field. Love it almost everyday.

PM me for any questions.

-Currently serving in the UK, and loving every moment of it. I work with computers/networking if anyone has any specific questions about the feild. Myadvice is to do research on everything, and when you think you know it all, do more. This is a very big decision, and you'd only be short-changing yourselfif you jump into something like this too quickly. Trust me, I know a lot of people who came in just to come in, and hate their situation.

Im leaving for basic march 24. What roles does the Air Force play in the war we in? I know I heard they was sending a lot more troops for support, but whatdoes the Air Force do specifically? Or does it depend on the job you have?

Originally Posted by Mooky951

Im leaving for basic march 24. What roles does the Air Force play in the war we in? I know I heard they was sending a lot more troops for support, but what does the Air Force do specifically? Or does it depend on the job you have?
Depends on the job you have, but only 3% of the AF are pilots .As for what everyone else does? Few people know that the Air Force is our spacecommand as well. They maintain heavy missle capabilities, directing and covering ground forces in Iraq, word to the Predator. They do a lot of the basedefenses as well as defending convoys, oil rigs, and transporting troops and cargo. Air Force has more money to spread around for people to be trained, thuswhy they offer so many jobs.

When I was deployed, I saw Air Force snipers
laugh.gif
, so it ranges, but theypretty much have every job under the sun <insert sarcasm> no really they do
grin.gif
</sarcasm>

Back
Top Bottom