Anyone here listen to Utada Hikaru?

If anyone is following Utada, I heard they might release two singles: This One(Crying Like a Child) and Dirty Desire. Hopefully, both get some significantairplay. That's all for now.

By the way, I know someone expressed their dislike for the Exodus album. I haven't listened to the whole album yet, but I liked Exodus 04(with Timboproduction) and Kremlin Dusk...very different style.

::

Never heard the whole Exodous album but I 'got' some of the Timbo [and ?Danja?] tracks from it that were mentioned on the beatclubforum at the time

the title track, Let Me Give You My Love, and By Your Side

liked em all

Still haven't heard "Wonderbout" though

::

Originally Posted by LoLzTrunkz

If anyone is following Utada, I heard they might release two singles: This One(Crying Like a Child) and Dirty Desire. Hopefully, both get some significant airplay. That's all for now.

By the way, I know someone expressed their dislike for the Exodus album. I haven't listened to the whole album yet, but I liked Exodus 04(with Timbo production) and Kremlin Dusk...very different style.

I haven't listened to Exodus in years but if I remember correctly, Kremlin Dusk was easily one of the best songs on there.

Tokyo Love Story is my joint
pimp.gif

I need her albums. BoA and Ayumi Hamasaki is what it is too.

Originally Posted by tonton32

Originally Posted by daaznfella

but was it the same year?

nope, we have mutual friends though so i used to see her all the time back in the day.

i'm so jealous right now......yea i said it lol

ayu's voice is too high pitch for m liking.....makes me cringe at times.....

I think my bro listens to her. But the song OP posted reminded me of one of my favorite techno/trance tracks.
@ the :59 mark...

at least utada named her song...merry christmas mr. lawrence (FYI)....at first i was like who the hell is mr. lawrence??? after listening to the song, i waslike ....is this some guy who she broke up with????..THEN i heard the sakamoto version, and was like oh the *FYI is supposed to be the reg. song name lol

daaznfella, or any Utada fans, can you guys put me on some of her best (or better songs in your opinion) songs? Maybe like a top 10 list? Thanks. I'dreally like to listen to her songs, but don't know where to start.

was the list i made on the 1st page too long?? =D

if you're lookin at top ten, this would be a IMO list

in no particular order

First love
Apple and Cinnamon
Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence
Letters
Sakura Drops
Heart Station
Stay Gold
Final Distance
Passion (can also listen to english version, Sanctuary)
Prisoner of Love(absolutely love the end part of the song...it's not much but my fav)

However, if you want, you could listen to Singles Collection Vol. 1, it has 12 singles of Utada's from her 4 japanese cd's, NOT including heart station

Most of my fav songs come from her latest two cd's, Heart Station and This Is The One....TITO is an english cd, very easy to listen to imo, everything iposted can be found on youtube with subs if they're in japanese. Also the best thing is that a lot of her songs have english words here and there, so itsnice to follow along with it at times

The best, best best thing that I love about Utada's music is the fact that she writes ALL of her stuff, and she is involved with the production and how hersongs are Arranged.....<3 indeed hahahahha

^^ I'd say the list was a little too big for me
laugh.gif

But yeah, thanks for the top ten, I'll definitely look into those songs/CDs (I already have a few).

Back
Top Bottom