Anyone here on antipsychotic medication or deal with any mental health disorder?

I've been dealing with mental health issues since 2013.
Currently I'm on two medications and they work well but one side-effect that's affecting me the most is weight gain. I'm like 50 pounds overweight. Not a good feeling at all :smh:
I've quit my meds before in the past and lost a ton weight, but my symptoms came back after awhile. Frustrating but imma soldier :pimp:

Anyone here with similar stories? This a safe space :nthat:

As a side-effect is it causing you to eat more to gain weight or is it triggering something genetically to cause you to gain weight?

My brother was taking them and he said he would feel more sleepy and was gaining weight

Get off that junk bro. It'll ruin you long term. Find a more natural way. The meds industry is legal drug dealing. These companies push doctors to push their products on customers.

I was on that stuff and it caused me to gain breast and I eventually had to get a double mastectomy. I have had 3 of them since and I am currently in litigation.

Get off that junk bro. It'll ruin you long term. Find a more natural way. The meds industry is legal drug dealing. These companies push doctors to push their products on customers.

I was on that stuff and it caused me to gain breast and I eventually had to get a double mastectomy. I have had 3 of them since and I am currently in litigation.
defintely do your research and don’t trust doctors just because they’re doctors. A lot of them are uninformed and don’t make evidence based decisions. They’re usually influenced by business more than efficacy,but even business aside, too many doctors don’t even know what’s clinically best for their patient. Also certain doctors depending on their area of practice literally want to continue to see their patients instead of healing them, it’s their revenue stream

One thing I know is they don't recommend coming down cold turkey. Anyone I know on them panics if they miss one because of the effects.

Back
Top Bottom